How did you celebrate your 30th birthday?

• 132 results
Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I remember around my 30th birthday was a particularly rough time for me and the fact that I felt like I was getting old didn't help any. I spent the whole day in bed not really doing anything and avoiding everyone.

arg3n7um

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

After saving up for the entire year, bought myself an Omega watch (which I had wanted since I turned 21).

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing special. Haven’t really celebrated my birthday in a big way since I turned 18 and even that special year wasn’t anything too crazy.

XenturiK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 19

#54  Edited By XenturiK

HARRY POTTER WORLD! Universal Themepark. Drank Butter Beer with shots of Firebolt Whiskey, found my wand, bought a scarf and rode rides all day with my fiance. It was awesome

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@iam16bit said:

Well I have almost a year until I turn 30. So my plan is to go to Disneyland. I've always wanted to go there and I think that's the best time.

I'm not sure if they do it at Disney Land, but when I went to Disney World for my 35th birthday, I got a pin when I checked in to our hotel.

Got a lot of Happy Birthdays, I got a cupcake at one of our meals, but some of the craziest cast member interactions for my birthday happened cause of that pin.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if this is a custom in the US. But if you turn 30 in Belgium and are A. not married or B. Still single you get what we call a "OsseFeest" witch means Oxfest or something like that. It's like a Bachelor Party. But weirder, one of my friends had to dress up like Conchita Wurst ( from eurosong) . And we went drinking in Germany for a whole weekend. That sure is a dumb way to celebrate your 30th birthday.

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

waifu organized a bday party with lots of friends, custom cake etc. I ended up missing most of it with stomach flu... When I was present it was agonizing.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Work...

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Work during the day, came home was wished happy birthday by the wife and kid. Ordered out, played video games.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just had my 30th this past August. Went out to a really nice dinner with family and friends. If you can, I recommend at least making it a little special. While its true nothing changes, you're still the same person, I still felt like I wanted to do something.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was 2 years ago for me and I can barely remember. Umm I think some friends came over to my house and we watched a movie played some games and drank some beer. Or wait maybe I went to a friends house and we ate shrooms and tripped. I really get all birthdays mixed up.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Work, then pub. Told practically no one and more than a handful of friends turned up. It was one of those "life ain't so bad after all" kind of days. I think the landlord let us use the upstairs kitchen to make pizzas, although the later in the evening activities were, the less I am able to recall them clearly. Strange that. Pub amnesia.

emumford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't really do much. I haven't really done much of anything big for my birthday because I don't want to spend the energy organizing a party or anything. I dunno I just don't really care anymore, as long as I get a nice dinner of whatever I want and a cake, I'm good.

clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Mainly by wallowing in crippling depression and existential dread. Does that count as celebrating?

Oh, and I also made this list of my 100 favourite games of all time.

Almost 3 years ago for me, but yeah, that sounds like pretty much it... the former part, anyway. Was in a pretty bad place at the time.

33 coming up and i'ma throw a proper party considering where I came from and where I am now. Very fortunate to have the people around me that I do. My next birthday is about celebrating them, more than it is about me knocking about for this long.

imchardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By imchardo

I'm a little disturbed to discover I have absolutely no memory of what I did for my 30th birthday. Probably nothing at all. My ex and I were married just weeks after, so we were distracted, I suppose.

I remember I spent my 40th birthday, though, having moved back into my mom's basement and having split from the ex only weeks before. Bad times.

50th birthday I was married again and back to being fat, dumb and happy, which I remain to this day.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

@beachthunder: Cool, thanks. I'll definitely refer to it when I go to play it.

Personally, Dead Space 1 and 2 are different enough I can see having both on the list if you like them. I'm a DS1 guy and tonally, couldn't get on board with DS2. I tried to cut down on similar games as well but couldn't quite help putting a bunch of Metal Gears in there. Where I had an easier time was with "sports" titles like Tony Hawk or wrestling games and franchises that didn't evolve as much.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By golguin

Nothing special compared to my other birthdays. I’m now 32 and can’t even remember what I did.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Went to work. Had dinner with wife. Waited until weekend to celebrate with friends.

It was nothing special. I remember having a talk with my dad not long after, and he said that when he turned thirty, he though to himself, "I thought I would have done more with my life by now. Then I realized it was just a number and that everything was still happening." I sorta had the same feeling. Thirty is neither the beginning nor ending of anything (important). It is just a number.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went bar hopping in the city.

Got laid

It was the beginning of the end.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Dairy Queen Icecream cake. Like every other birthday.

My aunt got me a 30th birthday card on my last birthday. I'm 32. So I guess I got 2 30th birthdays. That or I'm aging backwards.

Digaumgrunge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D&D with the boys

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#72  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

It was pretty bad to be honest. Very much a low point in my life.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think my family came over and we had a nice meal. Likely I spent the day before and the hours after cleaning my house.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#74 riostarwind  Moderator

The same thing that happens on my birthday every year. I go out to eat some good pizza with some friends & family. Pretty much a tradition at this point.

Spice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Spice

10 or so friends and I stayed at Surfer's Paradise. (which you may recognise from Forza Horizon 3)

We drank, ate all-you-can-eat Brazilian BBQ, spent way too long in a karaoke bar and generally had fun.

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully as little as possible.

fledeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By fledeye

On the actual day I was probably at work. But I’d been dreading 30 for a couple of years so I decided to stare it down and enjoy it. Got some friends and family together and went away for the weekend. Listen to too much disco, drank too much, but had a great time.

Now planning something similar for my 40th. There’s an escape room that’s opened near us, so I’m thinking of booking that.

Ive found with myself and my hubby that if you’re dreading a birthday, it helps to plan something fun around it so that you’ve got something to look forward to and good memories afterwards, rather than being sat around wallowing in getting older (I do enough of that for the non-substantial birthdays).

RK92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 26 but I'll probably spend my 30th the same way I spent my 26th. Doing absolutely nothing and eating excessive amounts of cake.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went to a college football game with some friends and got pretty lit. My team won too so all in all it was great.

bstnrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The SO treated me to a couple's spa day at Mirbeau.

Highly recommended.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't recall celebrating it at all.

In recent years I've come to realise that if you don't make something out of specific dates they kind of pass you by.

E.g. I haven't celebrated the New Year in ages and I'm kind of regretting it now because nothing memorable ever happening has made my memories of those events practically nonexistent as well.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went to the zoo with friends. No regrets.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I worked because my birthday is on Christmas Eve and I work in retail. My family gets me a cheesecake when they visit.

SkinnerSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got drunk and played some games just like every other day.

Avatar image for carolinafan3515
CarolinaFan3515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By CarolinaFan3515

My 30th was late December last year, in which I caught a cold sleeping in a basement for a week during the holidays while visiting some family. That cold caused (or worsened a preexisting) hernia. Still recovering from that... Good time to hit the reset button!

DirtyBirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my best buds was the manager at a music venue, so we closed the place for a night and I invited all my friends, co-workers, etc. We had some food delivered, there was a DJ, and we all got wrecked and danced until 2am. All-in-all it was a pretty great birthday.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think I watched a bunch of its always sunny with friends hung out and basically did nothing.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#88 sgtsphynx  Moderator

My birthday is on Christmas day, so I spent it with my family.

FidusLingura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By FidusLingura

I started the day listening to the bombcast. Hearing Jeff talk about crazy taxi gazillionaire and ended up pretty much playing that for the rest of the day.... including going to pizza hut for my birthday lunch. Gotta admit. The numbers went up! Then the next day decided I had enough of the direction my career was heading and applied to get onto a video game design course at my local university. They gave me an unconditional offer and I am still on the course now. Loving it!

WinnieC76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I had a fancy dinner with my best friend. But not that it's worth remembering, though. I've stopped being mushy about my birthdays and realize that life is all about facts and making things happen. Duh.

Jamesw30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in a hot tub with a beer, lol

CaptainCyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By CaptainCyber

No beer.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I was probably alone, tbh. Wasn't a good time.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

My 30th is coming up pretty soon here. I had planned on renting out a place near the sea with a sauna and inviting all of my friends over. It would've been a tad pricey, but I've had a larger party with friends every year since I turned 18 and figured that this would be the last big one so why not go out with a bang.

But now with quarantine procedures locking me and my options down, I think I'll grab a tent and go to the woods for a couple of nights by myself. At first I was really bummed that I couldn't spend my birthday with my friends, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea of reflecting on my life for a bit in nature. There's always time to celebrate once all this madness subsides.

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That has been fifteen and a half years ago. But just went to church and celebrated with my family. Nothing out of the ordinary.

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drank with my wife and friends at our favourite bar in Japan.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a bit over 4 years ago for me. I'm trying to remember if I even did anything special. I know I was in New Orleans with a couple of friends, and I think that was the birthday we all ate schrooms and got really high on a levee that night. I remember also playing some Mario Kart 8 on Wii U until 4am. I think that happened on my 30th anyway. That could have been my 29th though. Birthdays just all sort of blur together for me now. I do remember when I turned 34 I just spent the day with family though. I don't really get together with friends anymore like I used to. They are usually busy with their families now. I find that the older you get the less time you spend with friends.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Basically nothing since I generally just want to be left alone due to me not liking being the center of attention.

I did buy a Canon 90D, though. Really awesome camera.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I bought a car. Brand new. Really good birthday present, honestly.