How did you celebrate your 30th birthday?

• 133 results
someoneproud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nothing organised, went to the pub and did a whole bunch of stuff that's undoubtedly very bad for me with friends. Good times.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Ginormous76

Went to Captain America: Civil War (Cap is my favorite superhero). I like that my birthday is so close to May 1 that a Marvel movie always drops within a week of my birthday. Probably did other stuff as well.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I got pretty drunk with my closest friends, good times. I turn 35 in a couple of weeks, I am old.

Pushtoclose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just working.I work at amazon and prime day always starts the same week as my birthday and for 3 years I keep forgetting to take it off. But had some cake after work tho!

WillJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am getting ready to celebrate my 30th birthday. Travelling is the most intriguing investment of your time and money. What destination would be the best for me, do you have any good ideas?

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Next month, and I plan to get incredibly baked and get Cyberpunk, that's paradise for me haha nothing big

RimTiggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I turned 30 this year... three days after the country went into lockdown. In a way it was nice to have no option but to do absolutely fuck all for it.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I turn thirty next year.

Holy shit I turn thirty next year.

...OK, but really, I'm going to be glad my twenties are behind me. Basically everything about American culture told me that your late teens, early twenties are the best times of your life, and I remember my parents telling me so explicitly. For me? Nope! I spent most of the past decade a stressed-out anxiety-ridden mess. I "got lucky" and found myself in a good place some time ago and have spent the past two years trying to get myself sorted out, both mentally and financially and every other -ly, and I hope to spend my thirties just chilling the fuck out, provided the world also chills the fuck out.

As for the actual thirtieth birthday... I dunno, I'll take a few days off work and buy myself a little something nice. Birthdays as an adult are just a good excuse to do something like that.

petesix0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly do not remember. This is not a "I can't remember past January", it just feels far away. I mean I hope I enjoyed whatever I did, even if that thing was nothing. Guess I just don't know if birthdays feel important, other things feel more valuable ways of recording the time.

Having said all that, if it's your birthday soon - or even now - then Happy Birthday.

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually don't celebrate birthdays. It's just a day spent with my family and besides the cake my mother makes it's day like any other.

andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drove me and my Dad down to Llandudno and had an incredible day. The last time I was there I was 1, so 30 years later I decided it was time to pay another visit.

Dogidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anxious about an impending MS diagnosis that fortunately hasn't come yet.

Sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 12

#115 Sweep  Moderator

I went bowling. In Singapore.

Mortimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Mortimer

By doing acid.

MikeOTron1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Working. The way things look, my 40th will be spent in Lockdown II - Lockdownier.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 60

It was a while ago now, but from what I remember it involved going to work, then coming home to a home made meal from my wife. Nothing exciting, pretty much how I celebrate all my birthdays for a while now.

Avatar image for russianblue8181
russianblue8181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

When I turned 30, I had a bunch of friends over and played Mel Brooks movies on the television in the background. We all ate pizza and ice cream cake, and everyone just hung out and talked. It was great.

Turning 30 is no big thing. Turning 31, however, hit me much harder.

Tumbleweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My girlfriend at the time made me go to her co-worker's wedding. Yay.

JPPT1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sixteen years ago. As just went to church. Had family over. Nothing out of the ordinary!

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I did the longest and fastest zip wire in Europe

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258 said:

I turn thirty next year.

Holy shit I turn thirty next year.

...OK, but really, I'm going to be glad my twenties are behind me. Basically everything about American culture told me that your late teens, early twenties are the best times of your life, and I remember my parents telling me so explicitly. For me? Nope! I spent most of the past decade a stressed-out anxiety-ridden mess. I "got lucky" and found myself in a good place some time ago and have spent the past two years trying to get myself sorted out, both mentally and financially and every other -ly, and I hope to spend my thirties just chilling the fuck out, provided the world also chills the fuck out.

As for the actual thirtieth birthday... I dunno, I'll take a few days off work and buy myself a little something nice. Birthdays as an adult are just a good excuse to do something like that.

Yeah, my 20s were full of insecurities and a mess. Something just... clicked when I hit 30+, like I stopped caring about little things so much. Hopefully you have a similar experience.

RimTiggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MyNiceIceLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Alone, and then two days later I totalled my car going to work after taking a few days off. Overall, pretty average for turning 30 i expect.

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I went to see Avengers Infinity War (it was released on my birthday) and had a five guys. Nothing major. I'm not into parties or anything. Just low key chilling.

Pasta_Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worked until 530 am, slept til 3. Ordered some Indian Food and got some high end craft beers. Played some videogames online with friends, and then more by myself. Typical quarantine birthday.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stayed inside due to a blinding blizzard.

Kamakazie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went to a bbq place with a bunch of friends and ate well.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today is my partners 30th and because of the general state of the world, we couldn't do much. She can't visit family or friends. So instead we ordered from one of her favourite restaurants and I baked her a cake and we watched some movies. She has some friends who are in roughly the same boat so their plan is when all this blows over they'll go away for a weekend to a spa.

timoneous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My wife and her siblings/parents got together to buy us tickets to a Vikings/Packers Thursday Night Football game in Green Bay. I’m a big Packers fan, so naturally it was the greatest thing. Even better, they won the game in blowout fashion.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turning 30 myself really soon, but will probably end up spending it overshadowed by our kids' birthdays which surround my birthday somehow.

Edens_Heel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fucked off to Italy and Greece for two weeks with little in way of a plan—just a desire to get the hell out of dodge and experience something new.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I was shooting a music documentary in Dublin and my birthday was on a Friday and it was one of the few days we weren't filming. I just spent the whole day on my own at the cinema, saw seven films. The cinema also had a restaurant so I ate there too. The first film was Moneyball at 10 am and the last film I watched was My Week With Marilyn which started at 11:30 pm. Best birthday ever.