• 120 results
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dbz1995

I found out by Wiki-ing around. Its on there, 'a video game website called Giantbomb'.

marlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By marlow83

I found the link to Jeff's revew of Bad Company on gamespot

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Followed Jeff & the guys on gamespot, followed Jeff's blog after he left, followed the giant bomb blog after that, and moved onto the main site once it launched. And here I am 5,000 forum posts and 16,000 wiki points later.

Innovacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Innovacious

My friend was talking about some playstation game i had never heard of. Googled it for screenshots and tada! Giantbomb came up. The name of the game escapes me now though.

Was suprised i had never heard of this place before. Shortly after i was seeing links to and refrences to giantbomb and bombcast all over the place that i somehow managed to miss before.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cspiffo

Gamespot --> Arrow Pointing Down Blog ---> Giantbomb beta site (still in blog form) ----> Giantbomb (Hail Luchadeer!  God of all that is holy!)

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Manatassi
@cspiffo said:
" Gamespot --> Arrow Pointing Down Blog ---> Giantbomb beta site (still in blog form) ----> Giantbomb (Hail Luchadeer!  God of all that is holy!) "
This.
EmptyQuarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By EmptyQuarter
@Manatassi:

Also this.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Red12b
@EmptyQuarter:
this quadrupled
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By c1337us
@MattyFTM said:
" Followed Jeff & the guys on gamespot, followed Jeff's blog after he left, followed the giant bomb blog after that, and moved onto the main site once it launched. And here I am 5,000 forum posts and 16,000 wiki points later. "
Same here minus the quantity of posts and wiki points!!
lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By lemon360

well i was looking at some old reviews on gamespot with jeff and greg, and dug around to find out "where the hell are they?!" in the new reviews (and i didn't trust any reviews by other dudes, they sound like theyre reading a script and its super obvious)

j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By j0rdan

just followed jeffs blog.
now this and eurogamer are the only 2 gaming sites i use.

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By phlegms

I had a really bad acid trip and somehow ended up here..

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By jonnyboy
@cspiffo said:
" Gamespot --> Arrow Pointing Down Blog ---> Giantbomb beta site (still in blog form) ----> Giantbomb (Hail Luchadeer!  God of all that is holy!) "
Yup, started going to gamespot mostly to watch "on the spot" was ok when Ryan Mcdonald was hosting, but when Rich Gallup took over I was hooked. haven't watched it since 'Gerstmangate'. Jeff and Ryan were the stars anyway. Caught an episode during E3 and oh my God, what the hell has that show become?
scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By scroll

Moved from Gamespot to here near the start. Not really all that interesting a story...

Ginger_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ginger_Avenger

I saw Jeff getting interviewed by Adam Sessler on X-Play and he said he had a video series called how to build a bomb up on this new site, and that was it.

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aeterna

Arrow Pointing Down baby. :)

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

I was a fan of their reviews on Gamespot, heard about Jeff getting fired and thinking 'thats bullshit!' then a little while later finding a link to the Giant Bomb beta site on Kotaku.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By selbie

I followed the call of Luchadeer. He was promising beer, games and 70+ virgins. No IEDs  required.

Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By Computerplayer1
@c1337us said:
" @MattyFTM said:
" Followed Jeff & the guys on gamespot, followed Jeff's blog after he left, followed the giant bomb blog after that, and moved onto the main site once it launched. And here I am 5,000 forum posts and 16,000 wiki points later. "
Same here minus the quantity of posts and wiki points!! "
Ditto.
JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20  Edited By JonathanMoore

Wikipedia, found it when it was in the blog format.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ArchScabby

found the podcast featured on Itunes, started going to the blog, than the site launched and now it is now.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By penguindust
@cspiffo said:
Basically this but insert "Jeff Gerstmann is Still Alive" blog and the premier Itunes Bombcast episode before finally deciding to join the site...the long national nightmare of no weekly Jeff & Ryan was over.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By Red

Jeff had an interview with Adam Sessler on G4 that I watched. I said "hey! I remember that guy!" and went to giantbomb.com just in time for the first Arrow Pointing Down podcast. Haven't left since.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic

im pretty sure it was the Kane & Lynch incident, but not sure if i was reading about the game on wikipedia or watching the video review and read the comments that mentioned GB

so i read about this guy called Jeff Gerstmann who reviewed K&L (i didnt really know the GS staff very well though i was a member since 2006.. but when i looked for some pics of jeff i remembered him from some video reviews), got fired, made his own joint, so i check it out and made an account. totally forgot about it for months and started using it in 2009
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By RHCPfan24
@cspiffo said:
I guess this would sum it up pretty well yes.

Haven't there been a million threads like this? Just my imagination? Probably not.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_A_Drain

Thought I already posted here, must have been a similar thread.

Basicly. i've been a fan of Jeff and the other decent Gamespot crew for years, GS was my one stop sop for info and news up until Rich Gallup left, then I still visited it but in conjunction with other sites as it simply wasnt as entertaining without all the awesome videos. Then I was right there for the 'incident' regardless of what actually happened behind the scenes I had personally been taking issue with the quality of the site as whole for months up until that point, and then I remember reading the staff blogs that went up after the kotaku story broke the rumor that Jeff had been fired. I was blindsided and didn't even believe it was real until more of the staff blogs went up, and within days like 5 staff members quit or something like that, ones I respected too, so I just switched my homepage to their forums instead of their main page, and followed Jeff to the new blog (I forget what it was called before Giantbomb, it might even have been one of the crews personal podcast or something) and watched it evolve over months into Giantbomb. Then the instant the GB forums opened up I ditched the gamespot ones for here, I wasnt able to contribute until about a month ago though because I was concentrating on uni work and just plain avoided all forms of e communication for ages, I remained a die hard reader/watcher though.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By gingertastic_10

Brad and I think Jeff (can't remember) were on the Game of the Year Episode of 1UP Yours. So I decided to give it a look.

RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By RagingLion
@Computerplayer1 said:
" @c1337us said:
" @MattyFTM said:
Same here minus the quantity of posts and wiki points!! "
Ditto. "
Yep, same here.  I started visiting Gamespot a few months before Rich Gallup left and they were great times.  I actually started to watch OntheSpot live because it was so enjoyable, and Button mashing etc. was all excellent.  After Rich left it was a shame but I still really liked Jeff, Alex, Brad and others.  Once the 'incident' happened I read on some GameSpot forum about Jeff's blog and have followed that in to what has become GB.  Awesome - easily my most visited games site now - I love what the guys have done with it.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#29  Edited By Vinchenzo

Search would have found a duplicate right at the top.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#30  Edited By wwfundertaker
@MattyFTM said:
Same here, except for the Forum posts and the wiki points.lol
aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By aaox

IGN --> Gamespot --> Jeff Gerstmann is Still Alive --> Arrow Pointing Down Podcast ---> Giantbomb beta site ----> Giantbomb.com

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I heard Brad's mating call, and ran away from Gamespot and never looked back.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ineedaname
@Manatassi said:
" @cspiffo said:
This.
"
This except I only lurked on the middle 2, and gamespot really.
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheGremp

Saw an article on Kotaku about APD, and stuck with it until it became Giant Bomb.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Arrow pointing down.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By Willy105

I have been here since it started. I have been following this since Gamespot.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dbz1995
@selbie said:
" I followed the call of Luchadeer. He was promising beer, games and 70+ virgins. No IEDs  required. "
All at the same time. Allrighhht!
LeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LeadNinja
@gingertastic_10 said:
" Brad and I think Jeff (can't remember) were on the Game of the Year Episode of 1UP Yours. So I decided to give it a look. "
Same here.  It must've been Brad's sexy voice.
fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By fallen_elite

I was searching iTunes for gaming podcasts to listen to and came across GiantBomb.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#40  Edited By gla55jAw

Hotspot--->Arrow Pointing Down--->YAY

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Linkyshinks

New York Times.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#42  Edited By gingertastic_10
@LeadNinja said:
"@gingertastic_10 said:
" Brad and I think Jeff (can't remember) were on the Game of the Year Episode of 1UP Yours. So I decided to give it a look. "
Same here.  It must've been Brad's sexy voice."

Haha, I really hated his voice the first time I heard it on that podcast. I don't mind it at all now.
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kohe321

After Jeff was fired, I followed his blog. The beginning of GB was awesome!

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By turbomonkey138

Followed gamespot for years . Then switched after hearing on arrow pointing down said they were building a new site .

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MeierTheRed

Followed Jeff from his Gamespot days. And then i started visiting giangtbomb.com when it pretty much was just a blog. Think the biggest feature on it at the time was "how to build a bomb"

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46  Edited By Suicrat

Ever hear of On the Spot, or The Hotspot, or Button Mashing? Yeah, Gamespot was once a good video game website too.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I heard about the Giant Bombcast on a thread at IGN and decided to check it out.  A month later I actually decided to check out the website.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Spike94
@dbz1995 said:
"I found out by Wiki-ing around. Its on there, 'a video game website called Giantbomb'."

@dbz1995:
  Dude, same here! Only my story is sliiiiiiightly different.

You see, it was a few months ago when it occurred to me out of nowhere to wiki "Jeff Gertsmann" (after reminiscing about those good times of the old school GameSpot), to see if I could find the new site he joined or created or what have you (several months prior, if not more closer to when all that stuff went down with GameSpot and Jeff, I read somewhere that he was going to create a site or something with, if I remember correctly, Alex Navarro) and to my surprising delight, I did find this mysterious, yet surely magical "new site".  The article says that Ryan and Jeff created the site in collaboration with Whiskey Media. Achingly long story short, here I am! And I have probably been to this site more than any other I visit, and I've only been here a few months or so. I joined in...May, I think? Anyways...it has been the gift (the gift being that I found this site at all...and of course the site itself!) that keeps on giving, a site more magical and wonderful than I could have ever imagined! WOO, bring on the pancakes :D
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I could swear this has happened before, anyway I was there for Gertmanngate and the aftermath. Giantbomb was eventually mentioned, so I started looking at it before it was originally launched, I was there for the launch and I'm here now.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#50  Edited By LordAndrew

After Jeff was fired I said that would keep an eye on what Jeff had planned for the future. And unlike most, it was a promise that I actually kept. I watched Jeff's blog as well as Ryan's. I of course learned of Giant Bomb, and did check it every now and then. But it didn't seem like something I would be a big part of. I didn't really follow the Giant Bomb blog too closely, and had never even listened to the Bombcast; but when I came back from vacation and heard that the site had launched, I immediately signed up.

I tapped into the Bombcast/Arrow Pointing Down archives, caught up with the podcast and became a weekly listener. I contributed loads of stuff to the wiki, posted a ton of stuff on the forums (I have almost half as many posts on Giant Bomb as I do on GameSpot, and I've been on GameSpot for almost five times as long as I've been on Giant Bomb).

It's funny how something I didn't really expect to be a big deal actually ended up making a pretty big impact for me.