How do I book a plane flight to PAX?

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I have never been on a plane or even booked a flight for someone else. I have decided that I am going to be adventurous and take a trip to PAX East in April. I have already bought my tickets and made reservations at the hotel that I will be staying. However, after researching the flight and have found the right flight, round trip and so on, I cannot find an area to put my damn credit card in and pay for the flight. Travelocity, Expedia and so on all have areas where it says "SELECT" under the information and price for the flight, but it doesn't give me any clear indication of how to continue with this flight and pay and book it. Can anyone help me out here? Is there something I am not getting? Also, any tips on booking a flight and the flying process? I will be carrying two bags. A backpack with my Macbook and so on and a luggage case for my clothes and so on. Thanks.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

You should reduce everything to one bag and carry on unless checking a bag is absolutely necessary. I recently went to Europe for three weeks and didn't even check a bag.

Anyway, you should call Expedia and get help from an agent. This isn't really the place for Expedia or Travelocity tech support.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

Try to get everything to fit into one smallish suitcase, so you just bring it on the plane instead of having to wait for your luggage to arrive after the flight. Especially since the risk of loss is there.

You could also see about taking one suitcase then a small computer bag for the mac, they might let you get away with that. But yeah for short trips like that, carry-on baggage is KEY.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By cinemandrew

I suggest you don't be the guy who brings one bag that's way too big to carry on. There's always at least one guy who does this, and everybody hates him. Stick with two bags, but keep your laptop in your backpack. Also, keep in mind that a lot of airlines are charging for every bag you check now.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

Be careful on the flight you booked. I know some of the cheaper flights will charge you a ridiculous amount of money to check a bag.

Sliced_Bread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sliced_Bread

Make sure you understand the TSA rules to make getting through security as painless as possible. Show up to your gate AT LEAST, I'm talking bare minimum here, a half hour prior to departure. Travel light, I'm going to PAX for all three days and only bringing a backpack with a few pants, shirts, and my phone. There's a solid chance you'll get more shirts when you're there. If your carry-on is too big, they'll just make you check it at the gate anyways. You'll also want some empty space to haul all your swag back home. I can't really help you with booking the flight as I always do it through Delta's employee site.

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By DopeToast

Get there very early. It makes things much easier for you. Try to avoid having to check too many bags, but don't carry on too much that it won't fit comfortably.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MikkaQ: Yeah, I only need one suitcase for clothes and shit. I'll be gone for longer than the PAX convention as I will be taking a bus to new york afterwards and I will need a computer bag as well.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By ShadowSkill11

hahahahaha! Seriously?