• 80 results
WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WynnDuffy

I'm curious because I want to change mine to something. I don't like to use my real name but my password manager autofilled it and I forgot to change it...plus after 2 years of complaining about this, I still forget to turn off that feature in the manager.

So what are your thought processes and why did you land at your names?

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I like fantasy pirates.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've been using Clairvoyant Vibrations because it's a line a character in the third Harry Potter books says and it sounded cool so.

Yeah.

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, my username was taken on Xbox Live, so instead of tacking numbers on, I stripped out the vowels.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a combo of my first and last name. Recently, I've just been simplifying it even more by cutting out the first name part to match a nickname I've had since highschool.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

My favorite color is blue. Venom sounds like Viper, which is like a dumb and sort of cool car. I graduated in 2007. And I thought leet-speak looked kinda cool, and it looked like a gamertag you would probably see that would headshot you in Halo. I also liked the dumb idea where I would headshot you in on Halo, and my blue venom would infect your head, and your face turns blue.

Videogames. O_o

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My nickname and my birthday. Nothing all that interesting

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Boss_Kowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

My username is a nickname that one of my teachers gave me in high school.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BojackHorseman

@mems1224: You're born on christmas eve, of course that's interesting!

As for username, I was watching Bojack Horseman, and it's a dumb name. However, I was recently watching the fantastic Silicon Valley, and after the character Yin Yang prank called Erlich and said he was Mike Hunt, I've considered changing to that. Tough choices.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

I didn't choose it. It chose me.

Doing, or Dancing, The Manta Ray is a weird term for the fascination and paranoia one can experience when under the belief that aliens are coming to abduct you.

Also, it's such an obscure The Pixies reference that on the rare occasions when someone gets it, I'm immediately convinced that the two of us will get along just fine.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty lazy about that. Whereas most people combine two words, I just use my middle name. I probably should make a more unique name, but I can't be bothered.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same username I've used since I was 13. It's dumb, but I can't stop using it. Luckily it can be shortened to the very popular internet name "Kasa".

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I just cycle through numbers until I find one which hasn't been taken.

xGryfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been using Grifter on forums and the like since my mid teens because it was the name of a comic book character I liked and used it back on the original Xbox when Live first started. When the 360 came out MS fucked up their Gamertag database and a lot of people had to choose new tags because it was showing their originals as taken and we couldn't transfer them so I went with The Chaos Kid but that never felt right so I changed it to xGryfter and I've been using it since. I've thought about changing it again but I can't really think of anything new I like and it still feels kind of weird going by something else given how long I've been Grifter/xGryfter.

PatientBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PatientBacon

I once ordered headphones that took forever to arrive, so I nicknamed them "Patience". I then put said headphones on my girlfriend's "My First Bacon" plushy for some reason and voila - username. Also makes an easy profile picture because I've never been any good at coming up with those.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant NewsRadio and Phil Hartman fan.

My other most used one (DeathKnight, or some variant) is because I like Frank Frazetta. His "Death Dealer" scenes have always been my favorite.

hott8bitaction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hott8bitaction

When The Xbox 360 first came out and I was still trying to figure out a gamertag. My brother and I were playing Geometery Wars on his account, he turns to me and says, "This is some hot eight-bit action". It definitely was not 8-bit, but the inspiration for my name came from that, and I have been using it ever since.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@patientbacon said:

I once ordered headphones that took forever to arrive, so I nicknamed them "Patience". I then put said headphones on my girlfriend's "My First Bacon" plushy for some reason and voila - username. Also makes an easy profile picture because I've never been any good at coming up with those.

This is a first post to be proud of.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mine is the name of a counter-terrorism unit from an 80's pulp-action series. The numbers are just two random numbers I hit.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've had this one since '98, my initials and Stone Cold Steve Austin. What else was a 13 year old to do?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Mine came from reversing some words and slapping my birth year on it. I've recently grown a bit dissatisfied with it, at least in its full form (wemibelec90). I was going to switch to just "Wemi" but that is a short enough name that it's often taken when I try to register it in new places. Therefore, I'm in the process of making the shift to a new, less unpronounceable version (I've only heard like one person ever get it right) without the number.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fram

Many moons ago a friend and were playing Serious Sam on the OG Xbox and giving our own names to the enemies. This guy looked like a "fram" to me:

No Caption Provided

The first time I saw the more powerful of them I immediately coined it "Captain Fram" and took an immediate liking to the sound. Captain Fram is my gamertag now, but on here just Fram is fine :P

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just used my real name.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Vinny method: choose two words, slam them together, decide if they sound cool.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Mine is from teenage years when I enjoyed Adam Sandler's films. The fake wrestler from early in the film is Captain Insano - I thought that was a pretty cool name so voila. If it's taken I use one of two others that reflect my personal interests- one is a band I like and one is a Goldeneye reference

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective: Works well for Metal Gear, so that's probably a good rule.

I should change my username to Tremendous Crayfish.

monotreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm from Australia and it's not often taken.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny method: choose two words, slam them together, decide if they sound cool.

That's how I got mine.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got 'Imsh' from a DnD player's book. It was a sample name for an orc. I thought it was cool, simple, and sounded exotic. It kind of stuck. Also I'm Polish.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was young and reckless.

I go by just Adequate just about everywhere else now.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

This latest name I use was just my twitter halloween name from like 2 years ago and I liked it so I kept it.

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
@bill_mcneal said:

Giant NewsRadio and Phil Hartman fan.

My other most used one (DeathKnight, or some variant) is because I like Frank Frazetta. His "Death Dealer" scenes have always been my favorite.

Phil Hartman was awesome, and I get to think of him every time I see your forum name, so thanks for that.

@dudeglove said:

I made a poor decision when I was about 13 years old, ok?

I never thought anything negative about your name until you mentioned a poor decision. Is it a condom reference or something? From the name alone, I would think of a dueling glove.

@nicolenomicon said:

This latest name I use was just my twitter halloween name from like 2 years ago and I liked it so I kept it.

Mix of Nicole and the book from Evil Dead? Sounds good to me.

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A nickname I was given in high school that I thought was pretty great. I sometimes use MeatSammy though cause of GWAR and that becomes MeatSamanha for more formal occasions.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Different people call me Tob or Rob as nicknames. I pretty much just combined them into a handle in highschool and I've used it ever since. No one else ever has it, so I haven't had to make up a new one in a long time.

betterley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By betterley

My last name, and a profile pic of my intense stare...

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40  Edited By Zevvion

I changed mine a bunch of times, but about 6 years ago I changed to Zevvion and I've stuck with this one and will stick with it. I used to change usernames all the time because I changed my mind on what sounded cool or funny, or how I viewed myself. The trick for me ultimately was a name that defined me for who I am. That never changes, so my impulse to change my username also stopped.

I really like the one I have now because other people have no idea what it means. It is a portmanteau that, when you know the words involved, still doesn't tell you much about me at all. When you know me personally and know the interpretation however, you'd see the name almost completely defines who I am.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I use a variation of this name in many places, and since I am interested a lot in mythology, it is a reference to the Greek god of ingenuity, messengers, trade and roads. My avatar is the character, as it is portrait in God of War 3...

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue (azul) is my favorite color + I play protoss and like using zealots.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm decent at coming up with random fantasy names, my present name is too good to change though. In RPGs I name male characters Jubs and female characters Dink.

Digaumgrunge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digaum is my nickname, from Diogo (not Rodrigo, as it is usually).... Actually, my nickname is Digão, but there are problems with using "~" on some websites, so I'm using a phonetically similar version of it.

Also, grunge is a music genre from the late 80s - early 90s that died out around the time Smash Mouth showed up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. Who am I?

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

My username came from the original Red Faction multiplayer. I only ever fought against bots, but you could input a name and I picked BONEKEEPER, which I thought was super cool and edgy at the time. And I think there was some crappy movie with that title, never saw the movie but I liked the title. I soon shortened it to Bones8677 which is my old high school student number. Now-and-days I just go by Bones.

LionsLinden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My online nickname (Airbar) is the anglicized version of my real nickname.

My GB username comes from a Pavement song. Used that one on a lot of sites. It was never taken. Speaks volumes about the state of Pavement fandom :(

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love religion and weed*

*not really, I unfortunately didn't know about Phish before I came up with this name. Now I spend my days explaining to Phish bands that I do not in fact have a favourite live jam of theirs.

The real reason is because there used to be a car on the street a friend of mine lived on that had a Jesus Saves fish medallion on the back of it. We were in a band together at the time and being dumb metal head teenagers with delusions of grandeur we figured we needed stage names. My real name is Stephen, which when someone in an official position would hear they'd always ask "with a ph or v?", so I came up with Jesus_Phish looking at that car medallion.

I accept stoners getting onto me from time to time as my penance for being a dumb ass.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's a play on my actual name and what some kids used to call me when I was younger. Been using it every since because it's never taken in anything.

However, I feel like I should change it in the future, but I'm not entirely sure what to replace it with. Thus, I never go ahead and bite the bullet.