Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Icemo

@Ben_H said:

Blast beat them into submission:

While they are in submission, choke them to death.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#52  Edited By Atlas

I played the drums and practiced almost everyday for 4 years. And I like to sing at the top of my voice, including screaming along to hardcore punk and alt-metal. So ask my neighbours.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By daiphyer

Sleep with their daughter/wife.

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54  Edited By optimusprime223

I live in a back to back house and the people behind have a dog that barks constantly, sometimes at 1am for an hour. I haven't said anything but there was a knock on the door one day and it was the neighbour asking if we left them a note saying the dog's barking is ridiculous and they had better sort it out.

It wasn't me or my wife but I did say that the barking was pretty bad and she said the dog would be kept in more. That was six months ago and nothing has changed, but at least they know...

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Ravenlight

Move to a more urban part of the country.

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Blastroid

@Akeldama said:

@Blastroid said:Visiting my mom's and for hours the neighbors across the street and 150 yards across a field have been cranking out heavy metal on volume 11 on a stereo that should only go to 10. I called the sheriff and and hour later the noise stopped. I asked the sheriff not to make contact with my mom's residence as I do not want them to know which house called, but they have my cel number.For me there is a big difference from listening to loud music and then just not caring about anyone. What kind of people just don't even think of others in their surrounding at all before doing something? Are you one of these people if so I would love to hear you reasons for such entitlement.As a fan of metal and someone who is in a band, eat a dick.

What does liking heavy metal and being an asshole neighbor have in common? Any music too loud for a long period of time is rude unless in an area where that is expected such at a concert, bar, ...

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By crusader8463
  1. Cops.
  2. Mysterious note/suggestion/threat
  3. Dead Pet
  4. This guy.
Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jrinswand

I usually just go next door and ask my neighbors to be quiet. I usually only do this when I'm studying and stressed out or when it's late and I'm trying to sleep.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By InternetCrab

1. Put on ear protection if necessary.

2. Go over to them.

3. Ask them to turn down the music.

If resisting, ask them to shut the fuck up or you will call the police.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#60  Edited By musubi

Fibre Wire and a dumpster.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By UitDeToekomst

I have lived in apartments for the last 17 years of my life and have come to the conclusion that there are a number of rules that people living in apartments should follow. I follow them myself in order to not be an annoyance, and expect neighbors to do so as well.

Any time a neighbor breaks any of my rules, I knock on their door, explain to them that I go to great lengths to make sure that I am not a nuisance to them and would appreciate it if they would do the same. Always seems to work pretty well. For example, a new downstairs neighbor moved in recently. They played really loud rap music for nearly the entire first two days after they moved in. I gave them a pass since they were probably stressed out and whatnot having moved in the day before a hurricane hit, but when it started again on day three I explained to them the situation and asked them to be more respectful of their neighbors.

That worked for a day or two and then it started again. When reasoning doesn't work, I then resort to mocking and shame tactics. So, as they turned up their music again I stomped very heavily on the floor of my apartment right above the room from which the music was emanating in time to the beat in order to demonstrate to them what they are doing to me. Immature? Perhaps. But it seemed to work and keeps the law and/or building management out of it. I have not heard any music since then (about three weeks ago).

I guess this doesn't apply to homeowners or the OPs situation, but thought I would share. I think people should go out of their way to insure that they don't bother their neighbors. The world would be a much better place if people were more considerate to each other.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SmilingPig

My neighbor is a criminal, convicted for violent crimes, he is currently on probation and the cops visit him from time to time to see if he actually respect is curfew. He has a serious temper problem; he beats the living shit out of his dog and yells that he is going to shoot it in the head nearly every day… He does not treat is numerous girlfriends much different either. He is not allowed to go to bars so he brings the party home 4-5 days (and nights) a week.

I considered talking to him to see if he could at lease pick up is accumulated dog shit around the driveway but the fact that he is built like a bodybuilder and that I am a diabetic with renal problems who would probably die if he kicked my ass kind of stopped me from asking.

My only real option is to tuff it up until I can move (or for him to go back to jail).

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By TheHT

learn the lyrics to the songs they're playing and then knock on their door and scream it back in their face.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By crusader8463

@SmilingPig said:

My neighbor is a criminal, convicted for violent crimes, he is currently on probation and the cops visit him from time to time to see if he actually respect is curfew. He has a serious temper problem; he beats the living shit out of his dog and yells that he is going to shoot it in the head nearly every day… He does not treat is numerous girlfriends much different either. He is not allowed to go to bars so he brings the party home 4-5 days (and nights) a week.

I considered talking to him to see if he could at lease pick up is accumulated dog shit around the driveway but the fact that he is built like a bodybuilder and that I am a diabetic with renal problems who would probably die if he kicked my ass kind of stopped me from asking.

My only real option is to tuff it up until I can move (or for him to go back to jail).

Keep an eye on his routine then when you know he will be gone for awhile plant some drugs. Then make an anonymous call to the police about an odd smell coming from his room that you think might be drugs and that you think they should bring the drug dogs to investigate. If he is on probation the problem is solved and he will never know you did it. Or mix it into food he has in the fridge and the next time he goes to take a piss test he will fail it and go back to jail.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MiniPato

@SmilingPig said:

Plant some drugs and leave an anonymous tip to the cops.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66  Edited By dichemstys

My neighbors used to fuck really loudly. So you compete.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#67  Edited By Tireyo

I don't have close neighbors anymore, and it's been great living in the country! I love the quietness, and I'm glad I ain't part of any drama anymore.

Just ask them to turn down the volume nicely.

Laurentech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Laurentech

@crusader8463: @MiniPato: You guys are practical and to the point. I approve.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By Tylea002

I feel this is appropriate.

Tobiass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Tobiass

Pretty sure

''Handle them'' is Jersey Shore slang for 'beat them up'

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By frankfartmouth

I live right by campus in a college town. There are parties all the time, especially in summer. I just have to deal with it. If I called the cops every time my neighbors were disturbing me, they'd peg me for a nuisance caller. It's just part of living in a campus ghetto. Except here in this part of Michigan, it's usually some form of EDM and not heavy metal.

Sevenout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Sevenout

I try to cut people a break if it is not late or if it's a weekend. If it's too late or too often I think it's acceptable to call the police. Especially in the case of the OPs mom. An older lady probably doesn't want to go over to some drunk kids' house and ask if they can quiet down. I've never actually had to call the cops, but I did come close once. Two drunk idiots were arguing in the courtyard of my apartment at 3am on a week day about which of them was going to drive their friend home (thumbs up for drunk driving). I had all my windows closed and could still hear every word they said from my 4th floor apartment. At that point I opened up the window and screamed that if they didn't shut the fuck up their friend would be going home in a squad car. That seemed to work.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Sploder

Fuck the guys wife

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#74  Edited By medacris

I'm in a similar situation right now because I live in a dorm, and I think I'm going to just resort to buying earplugs, or trying to listen to other music through headphones. Our RA's are always away when we need them, we don't really have security, and even when confronting the loud person politely, their response is usually "HAHAHA FUCK YOU," turning the volume louder, and/or telling me I have shit taste in music. I don't care what they're listening to. I don't even know who/what genre they're listening to. (It's not metal or anything close to it, though-- I'd rather it was.) I just can't listen to anything higher than a certain value unless I'm at a concert or something.

Definitely call the cops again if they do this. No fire, no murder, no planting drugs, and no fucking their wife. I'm sorry they're being assholes.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By fattony12000
No Caption Provided
ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ProfessorK

In my neighborhood calling the cops doesn't really get anything done as far as loud music goes. They'll just start it up an hour later. But, I do live next to an unbelievably loud dysfunctional family, or at least I did. See they had a child that was constantly fighting, screaming, and banging on the floors/walls. I would call the cops every so often, and when I didn't, I myself just blasted music to drown them out. Eventually after getting so many complaints they sent her away. Happy ending.

Now if only there was a way to get rid of those pesky dogs.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ProfessorK

@UitDeToekomst: I dunno man, they were blasting rap? Lucky you didn't get shot.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By murisan

I used to live in a really shitty apartment complex. It was either awful latino rap coming from downstairs, or constant fighting/yelling/arguing from the dysfunctional couple across the hall.

I asked both parties to please try to keep it quiet after midnight because I had to be up at 6 for work. The couple seemed to oblige, likely because the guy stopped coming around and the woman got a new job (I assume, she'd never really been leaving in the morning when I was until a few months after I moved in.)

The dumbasses downstairs, though.. they were heroin junkies and didn't give a FUCK. The third time I knocked on their door, they didn't even answer. The guy yelled "DEAL WITH IT BRO!" So, I did. Three weeks later, monday night around (well, Tuesday morning actually) 2am, I hear the music start up. I fucking called the cops. I don't give a shit what you think about getting cops involved, they're there for a reason, and this was a worthwhile reason. The next day as I'm coming home from work, I see three cop cars parked outside the complex, and the downstairs neighbors' door is open. Cops are going in and out. Pretty sure they went to jail.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jerseyscum

Don't blast metal. You need something that would slowly drive a person insane. This is psychological warfare.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By habster3

@Blastroid:

Depends on the time of day, really.

If it's anywhere from around 8 in the morning to 10 at night, go on about your business. While I was visiting Rice University a while back, the college I was staying at (Lovett) was celebrating college night with booze, some more booze, and loud 'Merican music (don't worry, there was a sense of irony to it all). Anyway, another college (Will Rice) filled a noise complaint against us at around 8-8:30 am. Our college politely--and correctly--responded by shouting, "Fuck Will Rice!" Soon enough, the music was back on again. Whatever you do, don't be like Will Rice.

If, however, the noise is blaring at a later hour, I would recommend confronting them head-on first; if they blow you off, then you can file a complaint. Just whatever you do, remember that it's always best to handle something directly. Sure, you might not want for them to know that you were the one who filed the complaint, but you really sound less cowardly if you don't try to hide your actions.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By _Zombie_

My only noisy neighbor is a Mexican family two houses over. They like to blast Mariachi music. Considering none of them seem to speak English, the most I can do is just put my earphones in and ignore them.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jerseyscum

@_Zombie_ said:

My only noisy neighbor is a Mexican family two houses over. They like to blast Mariachi music. Considering none of them seem to speak English, the most I can do is just put my earphones in and ignore them.

They probably have some killer cookouts over the summer, so that's always a plus.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By _Zombie_

@jerseyscum: You'd think so, but no. In fact, I don't think I ever see them come out of the house.

Laurentech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Laurentech

@murisan said:

The dumbasses downstairs, though.. they were heroin junkies and didn't give a FUCK. The third time I knocked on their door, they didn't even answer. The guy yelled "DEAL WITH IT BRO!" So, I did. Three weeks later, monday night around (well, Tuesday morning actually) 2am, I hear the music start up. I fucking called the cops. I don't give a shit what you think about getting cops involved, they're there for a reason, and this was a worthwhile reason. The next day as I'm coming home from work, I see three cop cars parked outside the complex, and the downstairs neighbors' door is open. Cops are going in and out. Pretty sure they went to jail.

LOL. Dealt with.