How do you settle with a life of mediocrity?

• 111 results
triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By triple07

Just be happy with your life and what you have and realize that life is what you make of it. Also drugs.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By HandsomeDead
@MarkWahlberg said:
" @Elazul said:

" @Brendan said:

" @VisariLoyalist said:
"You'd be surprised how much of this is determined in high school, the popular people end up as business men, the nerds end up as IT guys or other specialty worker, and the normal people just end up normal. This is why there's so many nasty parents coaching their kids how to win social games. "

Dude, I don't know what culture you come from, but the popular kids in high school are almost never successfull in business as adults.  They succeed at the high school social scene because it revolves around being good at sports and much of the time, unintelligent.      "
This, oh dear god, this. The most popular kids from my high school are now almost literally either Hobos or Crackwhores. "
What the hell kind of  schools are you people going to, John Hughes High? (not the first guy, the other two) "
I'm only a few years out of high school but there was a top rung of about 5 or 6 that I can think of that have gone on to do well and the other popular people have turned into complete degenerates. I'm sure they'll get somewhere due to having rich parents but, as of right now, they're failures.
Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Now, on a not emo as fuck note, just live your life bro.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#54  Edited By JJWeatherman

This is a depressing thread.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55  Edited By Hamst3r
@griefersstolemykeyboard said:
"I have always been a believer in "either you are best or you are trash.""

You have an attitude problem.

You're sabotaging your potential with thoughts like that.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#56  Edited By Jeust
@HandsomeDead said:
" @MarkWahlberg said:
" @Elazul said:

" @Brendan said:

" @VisariLoyalist said:
"You'd be surprised how much of this is determined in high school, the popular people end up as business men, the nerds end up as IT guys or other specialty worker, and the normal people just end up normal. This is why there's so many nasty parents coaching their kids how to win social games. "

Dude, I don't know what culture you come from, but the popular kids in high school are almost never successfull in business as adults.  They succeed at the high school social scene because it revolves around being good at sports and much of the time, unintelligent.      "
This, oh dear god, this. The most popular kids from my high school are now almost literally either Hobos or Crackwhores. "
What the hell kind of  schools are you people going to, John Hughes High? (not the first guy, the other two) "
I'm only a few years out of high school but there was a top rung of about 5 or 6 that I can think of that have gone on to do well and the other popular people have turned into complete degenerates. I'm sure they'll get somewhere due to having rich parents but, as of right now, they're failures. "
Hmmmm not to bust your chops, but do you mean with failures that they failed to live at your expectations on them? 

I think the true meaning of failure is given by the incapacity to reach at our own expectations, as life changes constantly as a person does. Others' expectations aren't neither fair nor realistic in my opinion. 
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By MarkWahlberg
@HandsomeDead: Huh. Well I was just kind of surprised/confused by what they said because the 'popular' kids at my school were all pretty intelligent, well-balanced folks (i.e., why they were popular in the first place). And the dumber ones were at least nice people, so...huh.
mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By mesklinite

move to china and make a life there for a year or 2.
AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AckbarTheGreat

With that attitude your bound to a life of mediocrity, but if you actually try and believe in your self you can do great things!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call Crisis. 
/inside joke that most people will probably not get, as it is a career (and possibly localized) reference. 

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ArchScabby

Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I don't want to be remembered or do anything great.  I would prefer going through my entire life unnoticed.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By ravensword

Im not sure I really believe in destiny bullshit. I know where your coming from. i dont really excel at teh things id like to. Id like to be a great singer, but im average at best probaly. Im told Im good at alot of things I do, but I usualy dont believe them. I think theyre just being nice, but im not sure what gain they get from doing that. Although when I had my Commercial voice over classes, my teacher told me she thinks I do have a shot at it if I practice hard and all that.
RoujinX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By RoujinX

Change your definition of mediocrity.
Avatar image for deactivated-5997efb371d97
deactivated-5997efb371d97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is nothing wrong with being a part of the herd if the herd is good.  Find a good herd and contribute.  Also, as others have said, soft drugs.  I heard acid destroys your ego.  No ego - no worries.  I'm hanging onto mine,  I like being better than everyone else.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By tunaburn

do what i did. i found something i really liked. saved up money. found the right people to do it with. and opened my own MMA training school. now at least hopefully in a few years that will be making me money and i can quit my other job totally. then our students and me and other instructors will slowly gain popularity as we win competitions and such until were a big school.  then i can at least make a small tiny mark on the world. more than nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, surprised no one has brought this up yet.  As far as uplifting, bullshit, bad graphic endings go, this is the winner. 

Live your life, Snake.
Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Zajtalan

i dream

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By sodiumCyclops

The best thing I have learned at this point in my life is to not take things too seriously. Not to the point where you take everything for granted though, just enough to see the brighter side of everything. This is especially important when you are young.

PAT4019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PAT4019
@griefersstolemykeyboard:
Indubitably.
mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#70  Edited By mrfizzy
@griefersstolemykeyboard said:
" So up untill now like every other child ever I thought I was special or had the potential of climbing to the top. But as inevitable as the tides everyone must eventually grow up to realize that, there is nothing you truly excel at and therefore is destined to a life of mediocrity. Now I am having some trouble and have a hard time accepting the fact that I do not have any outstanding talent, my name will not be remembered nor written in any history books. Heck when I die nobody will probably remember me at all, and the thought of that just depresses me as I have always been a believer in "either you are best or you are trash."   So as I am feeling pretty helpless and  I guess desperate since I am asking an internet forum about this, how did you guys accept mediocrity? "
realise that although you may not be remember for all eternity, nor will most other people. most people live extreamly boring lives and are not remembered except by close friends and family. this isnt good or bad, it is simply life. 
Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Malakhii

In the words of the great Bob Dylan:
 "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between does what he wants to do"  

infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By infamous021

So what if someone is in the history books. Sure you know their name and what they did, but thats about it. Its not like you know them personally.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@griefersstolemykeyboard: If you don't want to live a life of mediocrity then don't. There is nothing keeping you from learning a skill and making a name for yourself other than your own will to do so. It is quite easy to become famous, you either just have to meet the right people or go around them. People aren't born prolific, they are the result of the times they live in and the and the motives they live by. Street artists are a perfect example. They didn't have someone else decide their art was good enough to put on display, they put it up on display themselves, and the good ones became known for it. You are more talented then you think you are, there is nothing more common then people with wasted potential who simply chose to give up.

If you are too lazy to do that, then come to the realization that almost everyone will eventually be forgotten no matter what they have done. Time erodes everything. 

And that's coming from a cynic, so you know it's good advice.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#74  Edited By Geno

Hedonism. 

Landar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Landar

Mediocrity is misconstrued as being a bad thing.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#76  Edited By Vinny_Says

Dude I fucking rule!!! not my fault you're so mediocre

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PeasantAbuse

So far I've been getting by in life knowing I will always be better then these people. 

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By fentonalpha

Bad Advice.... actually never mind that..... i'll be on Fox news for encouraging you.

What i am about to say sounds ridiculous but I'm putting on my serious face. George Costanza (Seinfeld) figgured this out a long time ago.  You need to start doing the opposite of whatever decisions you usually make.  

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Malakhii
@PeasantAbuse said:
"
So far I've been getting by in life knowing I will always be better then these people. 

No Caption Provided
"
Thats funny because two of them are doctors, one is a published author and the rest are ............... 
Ahhhhh who my kidding, you're absolutely right. 
lokilaufey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By lokilaufey

It's not mediocre if you enjoy it. Go and enjoy it. 

Hell, I'm chronically depressed, anxious to the point it's disabling at times, and socially inept and I still don't feel mediocre or even less than mediocre. Because I enjoy things, and I have something to live for.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

All is vanity and then you die. 

So....find yourself a pastrami sandwich  and eat the HELL out of it.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Black_Raven
@VisariLoyalist said:
" You'd be surprised how much of this is determined in high school, the popular people end up as business men, the nerds end up as IT guys or other specialty worker, and the normal people just end up normal. This is why there's so many nasty parents coaching their kids how to win social games. "
I thought the popular kids where the ones that end up in shitty jobs?
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#83  Edited By Gunner

Who ever told you that you need to be the best in order to live a happy life is probably suffering from some inadequacies.

Your not put on this earth to please others or to have your name shouted from every rooftop, you are here simply because of a biological accedent, use your intelligence to make your own happyness out of life. Don't try to fit others expectations.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#84  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@Black_Raven said:
" @VisariLoyalist said:
" You'd be surprised how much of this is determined in high school, the popular people end up as business men, the nerds end up as IT guys or other specialty worker, and the normal people just end up normal. This is why there's so many nasty parents coaching their kids how to win social games. "
I thought the popular kids where the ones that end up in shitty jobs? "
that's open to debate... certaintly some of them, you know what forget everything I said I made it all out of duct tape
FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By FirePrince

People would be all on my ass if they realised that I actually have a Dragon and can Incinerate everything. 
So,I don't tell them.And I wouldn't fancy being some other famous man in a well-known buisness either.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Akrid said:
" Fuck you. Try harder.

THIS, a million times this.  
TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#88  Edited By TomA

cool

Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Log

People who worry about this stuff too much are the kind of people who decide to commit some kind of atrocity so they will be remembered

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#90  Edited By Elazul
@MarkWahlberg said:

" @HandsomeDead: Huh. Well I was just kind of surprised/confused by what they said because the 'popular' kids at my school were all pretty intelligent, well-balanced folks (i.e., why they were popular in the first place). And the dumber ones were at least nice people, so...huh. "

Well you have clearly had a very different experience to most of us. The popular kids at my school were all were all spoiled little upper-middle class pricks who got by soley on "personality" (or lack thereof) and/or looks. They expected praise and attention for just about everything the ever did, regardless of how insignificant it was, and had absolutely no concept of what real life actually is. The "hobo" thing might have been going a bit far, but they are litterally almost all drug-addled, college dropout rich kids with no future prospects beyond binge drinking and getting fucked up on ketamine. Except for one of them, who turned out  a drug-addled, college dropout DJ.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#91  Edited By Ryax

by not having a mediocre life.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No Caption Provided
ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ZimboDK
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@Make_Me_Mad:
This FTW
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#96  Edited By armaan8014
@Everyones_A_Critic: lol
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#97  Edited By armaan8014
@griefersstolemykeyboard:  Dude watch these. 

Haven't watched the last one, but I think it's a great short film from what i've heard.
TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheChaos

You start by not making whiney threads about how you're experiencing the same thing billions of other people are.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By fwylo

I figure I'm just a diamond in the rough, that could one day possibly be discovered.  But it's not like I'm waiting to be discovered either.  I'm living my life taking the opportunities that are given, trying to make the best of everything.  Fuck mediocrity, I'm the one and onlyfwylo.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By subject2change

constant masturbation.