How have you guys/gals have dealt with a broken heart?

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm a little down today, after getting rejected once again and realizing that the same story has repeated itself all my life. I was wondering, if you could share your heartbreak stories, just to make a poor lost soul not feel so alone in the world hahaha :)

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My problem with rejection with girls was always that I was too weird or fat and then I fixed both those problems and I'm much better now. You just have to keep trying. Even if it's not something like that, sometimes it just can't work out anyway. It's a numbers game.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't deal with it, i've found that even over a decade later i have the same feelings so for the time being, unless i change, i'm choosing to ignore that aspect of my life. I'm not sure how long heart break lasts for other people, but the main thing that helps me is having friends distract me constantly.

insanetj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just try and fill your time. You'll get over it eventually, just try and distract yourself in the mean time. For me I would go to the movies a lot or play video games. Podcasting is actually a very therapeutic way to deal with it. I started podcasting with my friends, I never uploaded them anywhere, eventually I just considered them time capsules to go back to from time to time. But being able to just open up and talk with someone else about it is helpful.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy don't I.. It embarrassingly still tears at me today at times (break up), but you can't let it drag you down. I don't feel like sharing my story per say, because I don't like living in the past, but know that you definitely aren't alone when it comes to this. Just live in the moment while looking forward to tomorrow of course, yesterday is done and all we can do is learn from it. It gets easier with time for sure and the likely hood of you meeting someone new, that brings something new and amazing is very likely, even if does not seem it right now :)

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I have been out of a relationship for a year now, or a bit more, but still don't feel great about it. Still think about it, the regrets, all that almost every day, if less than I used to. Time has improved things but hey you are not alone man.

If you're like that and me, dating and having that not go great can be discouraging but you just have to have free expectations. When you care less, good things happen with women (tends to be the case for me at least). And just try to make sure you're the best you can be.

For me it is less rejection lately but more I tend to find girls I am interested in all have boyfriends. Recently I have begun to prepare to move too which is good but in the mean time it's a lonely spot with little interest in trying to meet anyone or date with those circumstances. So I feel your pain my man. Sad sap corner.

No Caption Provided

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Obligatory:

No Caption Provided

Well, the last time I was in a scenario where I learned that a girl that I was into actually had a boyfriend, I just kinda sat around for an hour or two listening to "Bugatti" by Ace Hood, and said to myself "Fuck it. Let's just see how this works as friends." So, I've grown to be pretty pragmatic when it comes to relationships. I wasn't heartbroken over it, just a little disappointed I guess. Plus, given where my life is at the moment, friendships work better for me anyway. A good friend is more valuable to me than a girlfriend for the time being.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drink

Avatar image for deactivated-5a48049f850e3
deactivated-5a48049f850e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanity said:

I drink

And The Nine Inch Nails.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

turn it into a positive and try to enjoy your freedom.

After my last relationship, I'm just kind of an anything goes/see what happens kind of guy with chicks. I'm only 24 after all. I've learned to just live it up.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little sad right now because of girl stuff too. Distractions are good way to feel better, luckily all of my co workers are wannabe rappers so I am subjected to terrible rapping and shit talking from 8-4 so I am always entertained at work lol and hang out with your friends too.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

@sanity said:

I drink

I'll raise my glass to that!

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By maginnovision

Wait, you're dwelling on not getting a date or breaking up with someone? I've only ever broken up(stopped talking to them, going to their house, but no actual "it's over" talk) with one person, and I still don't remember ever being all that upset about breaking up with anyone. I've never been turned down by someone I approached. I'd say just stop worrying about it so much either way, life goes on. I'm just not sure what else could be said, it's pretty simple. Do what you'd normally do except now by yourself, unless you just got told no then literally nothing changes. If you're really depressed call your mom, or see a doctor. My mom is usually good to talk to about stuff.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MezZa

It's tough but you have to let yourself get comfortable being single. Take some time to celebrate you. Do what you enjoy, or spend some time with good friends. I spent this last year being single after my last breakup and did things like going to concerts of my favorite bands, travelled a bit, and focused on my job and saving money (cause man can a relationship drain money fast). Also got lost in games and books a lot. When I'm feeling a bit down and lost I usually try to take up a new hobby to give myself some focus. This last year was pretty weird for me because it's the first time I didn't feel any excitement about dating. I went out with a few girls here and there but never called them back because I just couldn't get into it. I started getting worried that maybe my past experiences were just making me too defensive and cold. That all changed recently though in a way I couldn't be happier about. A person for you will usually come out of nowhere and when you least expect it if my experiences are anything to go by.

Basically, don't feel too bad about not finding someone right for you or getting rejected. There are way more people who you'll only go on one or two dates with or none at all than people who you're going to connect and go out with long term. Just keep putting youself out there and youll run into someone who resonates with you.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I listen to the angriest, heaviest metal in my music collection to get me through it, and go for a run. Having friends helps, for sure, too But at the same time, and this is just me, I also deal with clinical bipolar depression, anxiety, poor self-image and self-worth. It's harder for me to just get over being rejected or kicked to the curb at some point when it's all I've ever known. I'm 28 and have never been in a meaningful relationship, never been with anyone that actually gave a shit about me in the end. So, I'm not exactly convinced that I will ever be worth anything to anyone. But again, that's just me.

Also,

@sanity said:

I drink

Yeah, that's a go-to solution for me, too.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Time. It's really all you can do.

Been a while since I had a break up, but spending time with your friends and keeping yourself busy is a good way to bury the pain for awhile.

But to get over it completely, build your confidence. Be it practicing a new hobby, exercising, learning new stuff, or accomplishing goals. When you have somewhere to positively direct your energy, the negative stuff tends to filter out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Rejection sucks but I learned a long time ago to take it in stride. The less you care and the less people perceive you care makes you more appealing. It seems weird, but it’s true.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reject all affection and friendship and retain the same dead eyed vacant stare for a decade plus. Watch your impending demise approach you like a speeding train. Eat chicken wings.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

It's a numbers game. The more times you try the less you feel bad when you strike out. Also the more discerning you get to be yourself.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try exercising if you don't already. It helps alleviate depression, anxiety, and gives your brain something else to focus its attention on. You can do yoga or something to avoid going outside and dying in the heat. Also don't neglect diet. It's a really important part.

May also be an opportunity for a bit of contemplation and honest self-reflection.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Time.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

I've only had one serious relationship and it lasted about a week before heartbreak ensued. He was (still is) amazing; smart, kind and with a great sense of humour despite bearing considerable scars from his own past. We had been friends for a couple of years before we decided to take things further and for a few blissful days I was about as happy as someone could conceivably be. Then, a few days after my birthday he told me could not love me as I would have wished. It wasn't who I was, but rather what I was that he struggled with and ultimately could not get over. As you might imagine I was devastated, I have never been good with others and to have met someone so special just made it all the more upsetting.

However, in spite of it all we remained great friends and are probably as close now as we have ever been. So whilst I'm still struggling to find someone, I've come to appreciate just how important good friends are, and how much more bearable they can make an otherwise painful existence.

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Me and my Bf broke up recently and im having a bad time however, i just built a new pc and im now playing awesome games that help me with my broken heart.

Watching funny stuff also helps alot.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Worst heartbreak is when you realize you were the asshole. Seriously, I'd rather get rejected 1000x right off the bat than go through a relationship only to find out that I was a bad person in it. Learned a lot from it. Felt bad about the person I felt like I was since for a while until I realized I'm young, and could change. Anyways, I've had some drinks and had to get that off my chest in a thread like this, right quick.

As far as getting rejected.. you soon come to the point in your life you stop caring about rejection and the people that reject you for who you are aren't worth your time. It's like a little logical thing. You like them until you realize you don't like them.. cause they don't like you for who you are.. and you don't care about them liking you anymore.

Instead of trying to pick others up and worrying about rejection, just worry about getting to know them. You'll find that the people that would reject you are ones you wouldn't even want to try to pick up. So there's no worry about rejection. There will always be risks of rejection but you have to have to stop letting it phase you. What if I told you the majority of the women/men in the world would reject you if you tried to pick them up? Well bam, there you go, that's just a fact of life for most people. It doesn't stop them/you from going out and playing the field.

That's the mentality you gotta have. Now go out there and stop trying to be a player and just be yourself, you awesome person, you.

Edit: jesus, that's a hell of a buzzed post.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reject all affection and friendship and retain the same dead eyed vacant stare for a decade plus. Watch your impending demise approach you like a speeding train. Eat chicken wings.

On the toilet. Avoiding the mirror.

Avatar image for cursethesemetalhands
CurseTheseMetalHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Throw yourself into the things that bring you joy, especially activities you can enjoy with friends. Isolating yourself is only going to exacerbate those feelings of rejection and worthlessness. Gaming has always been the ideal outlet for me, because it's typically the activity I have to sacrifice or put on the back burner when I'm in a relationship, as I've never been involved with a woman who shares the hobby. (That's my fault, though. I should really set the standard that I won't date a woman who doesn't own a set of polyhedral dice.)

Watch or listen to things that make you laugh or feel upbeat/energized. Heavy metal and British comedies are my preferred medicine.

Exercise. Go for a run, lift weights, or pummel a heavy bag. Just work your body until your muscles are burning, your legs are jelly and you're too physically exhausted to think or feel.

Sleep. I find a brief respite in the impenetrable blackness of unconsciousness does me good. It clears the mind and salves the heart.

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Willza92
Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immersed myself in video games for a number of months.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

better to be rejected than find out your girl's been cheating behind your back.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fell in love with a girl about 10 years ago now. She was the most sweet, innocent, and beautiful girl that I ever met and she liked me to. We had some magical times going out until one day when she got too sick to have a relationship and the best thing for me to do for her was to let her go. Letting her go was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and it broke my heart in two. I still think about her and I stay up late at night crying sometimes. But I just remind myself that she is being taken care of and she is probably happy. I think that makes it worth it.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WynnDuffy

Here's the situation I am in:

• Back home in another country
  • Girlfriend cheats on me, because she's an emotional loose cannon which to be honest, is a reason I was very close to ending it anyway
  • She has my dog, who she is now threatening to give away despite me paying for all of his food and what not
  • She recently got a new boyfriend (not a guy she cheated on me with), who doesn't want her to talk to any guys, so she seemingly has ended our friendship, and I believe this cunt of a boyfriend is pressuring her to also get rid of my dog because it probably makes him insecure

I'll be moving back in a few months, but I may soon be at the point of having to ask a friend to take the dog from her or pay thousands of dollars to keep him in a pet 'hotel' or something.

The last thing I was told is that when I meet her to get my dog, this new boyfriend wants to come along to make sure I don't say anything (like try to get back with her), honestly it makes my blood boil that she is allowing herself to be controlled, and if he does come I have no intention of being kind to this piece of shit.

I'm fine, I'm totally glad I am not in a relationship with her any longer. I am only concerned about my dog now.

Another thing I'm considering is moving back over 2-3 months before my job starts (which I don't really have the money for) and trying to work part time. This way I can get my dog and also decorate my apartment before I start working... I have some extra income from my mining PC (cryptocurrency, worth $1600 a month-ish) but I want to keep that as an investment, and not cash out unless I have to.

Long post but fuck me right?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers