How many academy awards will the Dark Knight win???

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By giyanks22

How many academy awards (Oscars) do you think the Dark Knight will win? Will it tie LOTR ROTK's record with 11, will it get any...if so which ones?
I think Heath will get best supporting actor.
Nolan should get Best Director.
Hans Zimmer should get best score.
It might get best picture, but it will atleast be nominated.
It will get best editing .
It will get best sound mixing.
It will also get best sound effects.
It might take home the visual effects, but is that for only CGI effects or CGI and Live action? If it is live action explosions and crap like that, then it should get that.
I think The Dark Knight will overall win 6-8 Oscars.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By mracoon

I so doubt it will win any.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By giyanks22
mracoon said:
"I so doubt it will win any."
You didn't like it??? Please explain???
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By DualReaver

Perhaps best supporting actor.
I doubt it'll get any other meaningful award.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By giyanks22
DualReaver said:
"Perhaps best supporting actor.
I doubt it'll get any other meaningful award."
I think Nolan deserves best Director At least you have to give him that....
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

None.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Nude_Dude

Top scoring and an award for Heath Ledger.

Other than that, it wasn't really a timeless movie, just a good one.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive

i think it needs to be nominated for techinical awards, because it made the best use of cgi i have ever seen, so well, you'll never notice it, everything seems like an actual stunt. 

cinemetography is also excellent in this film. 
Ledgers performance should get nominated for perhaps actor in a supporting role or possibly even the leading role. it was seriously impressive no doubt. 
costume design was great, although not on the scale of the films that normally get this reward. 
i think it should be nominated for best picture. but the academy hates doing what the people want. 
screen play deserves a nomination
and Nolan deserves a nomination for best director. 
han zimmer isn't the only uy who did the score, but he should be nominated. the music was perfect during joker scenes. 
by the way, stop replying to every single post. people have different opinions, did you make this thread to argue everyones opinions or to let everyone discuss it together?
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Black_Rose

We should wait until it actually gets nominated before starting predictions but i think that Zimmer definitely deserves an oscar for his work

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

I think Heath should get something but unfortunately the Academy is not gonna give anything else.  They are pretty strict when it comes to these big movies.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By kush

Maybe 1...or 2. It wasn't the greatest movie ever, or even of 2008. Heath may win because of his death and because he did a great job, but I can't say a thing about any other award...mostly because the year is far from over and many Oscar contending films come out the few months before the actual deadline.

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By darthzew

Only Heath stands much of a chance. You see, Hollywood has this cliche going around about what an oscar-winning movie is and Dark Knight doesn't fit that cliche. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TwoOneFive

come on now, the movie didnt generate over $500,000,000 because of hype. you'd be stupid to think that- or else Cloverfield would have grossed just as much. 

It was a near masterpiece. Not quite, but so close it could easily be a best picture nominated film. No one has come close to the depth in this film. Its crazy to me that it even is a super hero film, because its so unlike the vast majority of this genre. 
Curfew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Curfew
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Meowayne

I enjoyed the film, but I don't think there's anything oscar-worthy about it. Special Effects, perhaps, because I was never destracted by any effects, while there had to have been quite a few.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Academy is so biased when it comes to fantasy and science fiction genre pieces.  I don't see The Dark Knight garnering much else aside from technical nominations, and it won't win said awards if only because of the Academy's principle.  I'm sure it will be nominated for things like Visual Effects, Sound Editing, Cinematography, but it won't have a shot at winning Best Direction, much less Best Picture.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By ZimpanX

Probably not enough.

SaintLReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SaintLReviews

at least all for editing and sound. I think definitely best supporting actor. I think it will be nominated for screenplay and director and possibly picture but doubt it will any of those three.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Otacon

I loved the film but when you are talking film snobs you have to be pessimistic. I say 2 or 3

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Systech

Even though Heath Ledger's performance in that movie was great, it still isn't an "Oscar" type film. It will probably be nominated for sound and editing or something like that and Heath Ledger might be nominated for best supporting role, but I don't think he'll win.

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By tec3297

I'm gonna have to say....zero

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Win
systech said:
"Even though Heath Ledger's performance in that movie was great, it still isn't an "Oscar" type film. It will probably be nominated for sound and editing or something like that and Heath Ledger might be nominated for best supporting role, but I don't think he'll win."
Haha I almost feel sorry for whoever wins over him.  Beating out a dead man for his last award opportunity isn't going to be easy on the winner :P
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kush

Am I the only one who thinks it doesn't deserve to win a crapload of awards?

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By giyanks22
Kush said:
"Maybe 1...or 2. It wasn't the greatest movie ever, or even of 2008. Heath may win because of his death and because he did a great job, but I can't say a thing about any other award...mostly because the year is far from over and many Oscar contending films come out the few months before the actual deadline."
what movie was better in 08
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kush
giyanks22 said:
"what movie was better in 08"
In my eyes, In Bruges is the best film of 2008. I am sure if anyone here has seen it they'll probably just call me an idiot, but I enjoyed that movie more than The Dark Knight and I think it's better film. The Dark Knight would be my second best film of the year so far, but not the best.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HandsomeDead
Kush said:
"giyanks22 said:
"what movie was better in 08"
In my eyes, In Bruges is the best film of 2008. I am sure if anyone here has seen it they'll probably just call me an idiot, but I enjoyed that movie more than The Dark Knight and I think it's better film. The Dark Knight would be my second best film of the year so far, but not the best."
Hey, In Bruges is my favourite movie of '08 too! But yeah, I hope it wins the Oscar for best score and maybe get best director, but that's about it. The Oscars are a joke anyway. LotR having 11 of the bastards is more than enough proof.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kush
HandsomeDead said:
"Hey, In Bruges is my favourite movie of '08 too! But yeah, I hope it wins the Oscar for best score and maybe get best director, but that's about it. The Oscars are a joke anyway. LotR having 11 of the bastards is more than enough proof."
Nice to see another fan here! :) ...and The Oscars really are a joke. They need to become more open to all styles of film, but that won't happen for a very long time.
JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JohnDudebro

It won't win best effects. It wasn't big on CG.

Iron Man has a shot at that. And frankly, I'd like to see Robert Downey Jr. nominated for an acting award alongside Heath Ledger. Everyone seems to have forgotten that he was completely awesome.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mourne

Heath Ledger will, more than likely, win best supporting actor. I doubt Christian Bale will get any nods whatsoever, as while he is serviceable, he's a bit stale by comparison.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Lemegeton

it wont win anything. The Academy could not possibly nominate a comic-book movie no matter how good heath ledger was in it

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lemegeton

i did not know that. still they wont nominate it for any acting awards

Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Joker

Probably won't win anything. And everyone thinking that Heath will win best supporting actor, you have to realize that Academy Awards for actors are mostly for actors that signify change in character. This of course is proven by There Will Be Blood, where Daniel Day Lewis eventually is driven insane. Although maybe because you can never actually guess Academy Awards. They are unpredictable.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By MetalGearSunny
mracoon said:
"I so doubt it will win any."
What kind of person are you!?
lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lord_canti

heath should win a lot really   how he played the joker was one of the best performances i have seen

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gizmo

My personal favourite movie of all time is The Dark Knight, but I KNOW that the LOTR trilogy are the best movies of all time.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kush
Lemegeton said:
"it wont win anything. The Academy could not possibly nominate a comic-book movie no matter how good heath ledger was in it
"
Not a comic book movie, but Johnny Depp was nominated for the first Pirates movie. If he can get nominated for that then I think Heath can get nominated for his role, plus his death will be a huge factor. If his performance was just "ok" he would probably still get nominated just for that reason.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pause422

These types of movies don't usually win anything is the truth.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Karmum
Lemegeton said:
"it wont win anything. The Academy could not possibly nominate a comic-book movie no matter how good heath ledger was in it
"
It probably won't get nominated for any of the big awards, you mean.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By giyanks22
pause422 said:
"These types of movies don't usually win anything is the truth."
LOTR ROTK is this type of Movie...A high grossing movie that appeals to the general populous...ROTK won 11...11...the most ever. I don't think TDK will win 11, but it deserves Best Director for Nolan, because of his ingenious use of CGI. Hans Zimmer needs to win best score, because the score carried the movie. Ledger deserves Best Supporting Actor. Best Makeup, Harvey Dent's makeup was absolutely incredible, as was the Jokers. Best  visual effects, because you never notice when they use CGI, and the effects the live action stunts are incredible also. It should also get best editing, Best Sound, and Best Sound Mixing.
ScaryDoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ScaryDoor

I thought Gary Oldman had the best perfomance in TDK.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#42  Edited By citizenkane

From the movies I have seen so far this year, I am happy as long as it wins Best Supporting Actor (Heath Legder) and Best Picture,

Iraqi_Gangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Iraqi_Gangster

I think it will only get the technichal ones since Batman Begins was nominated for that stuff.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By OGCartman

I think it win be nominated in alot, but only win one or two

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I think it'll win about 3. It should nab most of the special effects and visual effects categories, but movies like Iron Man or Wall-E could end up winning those. I'm not sure if Heath will win, even though I thought he was great and stole the show. A nomination seems quite likely, but he might not win. Best director? Not much of a chance. Like 90% of the time, the best director is the person who directed the best picture, and The Dark Knight probably won't even get a best picture nomination.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By giyanks22
TheGreatGuero said:
"I think it'll win about 3. It should nab most of the special effects and visual effects categories, but movies like Iron Man or Wall-E could end up winning those. I'm not sure if Heath will win, even though I thought he was great and stole the show. A nomination seems quite likely, but he might not win. Best director? Not much of a chance. Like 90% of the time, the best director is the person who directed the best picture, and The Dark Knight probably won't even get a best picture nomination."
I think it will get a best picture nomination...it sure as hell deserves one.  Any way Nolan's use of CGI is brilliant, because you never know when they are using it.
trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#47  Edited By trulyalive

Come on, Lemegeton, it's a dead cert for some of the tech's, and certainly for it's music.
It would be nice for the Academy open up a bit and recognise it for being as good as it was, but it's unlikely.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Bulldog19892

It will win one, 'Best Supporting Actor". Seriously, if Heath Ledger doesn't win an Oscar it would be a huge upset. You just don't get performances like that everyday, and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bulldog19892
giyanks22 said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"I think it'll win about 3. It should nab most of the special effects and visual effects categories, but movies like Iron Man or Wall-E could end up winning those. I'm not sure if Heath will win, even though I thought he was great and stole the show. A nomination seems quite likely, but he might not win. Best director? Not much of a chance. Like 90% of the time, the best director is the person who directed the best picture, and The Dark Knight probably won't even get a best picture nomination."
I think it will get a best picture nomination...it sure as hell deserves one.  Any way Nolan's use of CGI is brilliant, because you never know when they are using it."
Um, the only CGI was on Two-Face, that's why the special effects were so great. The whole movie looked so realistic, none of the ridiculously fake-looking crap like you see in Michael Bay films.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Milkman

If it wins anything, Ledger will win supporting actor. Beyond that, I couldn't possibility see a comic book movie coming away with anything except maybe, best special effects, sound mixing or something along those lines.