How many states of the USA can you name?

• 52 results
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By Tordah
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By daniel_beck_90
JustinNotJason said:
"MattyFTM said:
"Discorsi said:
"Washington DC is not a state and i got 42 ; /.  who the hell cares about minnestoa, wisconson, iowa etc >.>"
If it's not a state, then what is it? I always thought it was it's own state, because it's not part of any other state.
"
Washington, D.C. = Washington, District of Columbia. If you take the comma out you don't realize it's not one word.
It's in the District of Columbia, which is, uhm, not a state. I guess you would you would call it........A district?

Anyway yeah they're not a state. I remember recently there was some dispute having to do with voting or something where it would have been better if they were a state.

I think the purpose of it not being a state is that so where the house of government sits is outside of the power of a state. I think I remember it also having to do with security. I don't know I didn't really learn this in US History way back when. Everything I know is independent :P

To wikipedia!
"
There is quite a bit of debate recently about whether D.C is actually a state or not . A legislation is expected to pass the congress in which it gives D.C a vote in the house of congress . Should it happens then D.C is literally a state . Also if you take a look at this page you can clearly see D.C expressed as an stand alone state .
But yet again , nothing is concrete .