Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By awesomeusername

Everybody, look at the answers as a "Yes, I do smoke" or "No, I don't." instead. I see that the answers might have offended some users and I apologize for the answers I gave. You can read my post on the next page explaining my apology, once again, I am sorry for the dickish answers.

I saw this other thread who said he just quit smoking ad almost everyone said they smoke, I couldn't believe it. SO I decided to make this poll. Well, I have to get ready for school now, so when I come back tonight at 9, I better see more people say no then yes! (It won't happen.)
fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By fishmicmuffin

I don't. Doesn't appeal to me.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Elazul

Is there any way I can say no without sounding like a judgemental dick?

Kratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Kratch

I smoked for about ten years but quit on my birthday back in July.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Oldirtybearon
@Elazul said:
" Is there any way I can say no without sounding like a judgemental dick? "
Yes, you can just say "no, I don't smoke".

Something the OP hasn't quite figured out, either.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Awfully biased poll you have here.. I don't smoke, though even I can admit to the options descriptions being really judgemental and one sided to your own views on smoking. A simple yes/no poll should of sufficed.

Redsand26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Redsand26

Smoking is gross.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hot_Karl

I smoke occasionally, even if it's bad for me. I dunno, I get stressed easily.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf

Nope. I exercise way too much to start smoking.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Elazul
@KingWilly said:
" @Elazul said:

"
I mean within the context of the poll. Those options are fucking ridiculous.
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By awesomeusername
@KingWilly: @Abyssfull: Too many people smoke, especially here in New York. Almost every pre-teen/teen smokes, my father used to smoke marijuana and cigarettes, and I hate it. Sorry if it's a little biased, I just have a great distaste for it. Apologies.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By toowalrus

I've never smoked a cigarette in my life- but I do smoke crappy cigars sometimes.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To quote Lionel Logue from the King's Speech "I believe that sucking smoke into your lungs will kill you. "

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sameeeeam

I've never smoked in my entire life.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Rohok
@Abyssfull said:
" Awfully biased poll you have here.. I don't smoke, though even I can admit to the options descriptions being really judgemental and one sided to your own views on smoking. A simple yes/no poll should of sufficed. "
I didn't know there were alternate views on the effect of smoking.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zeforgotten

I smoke!  "Destroying my lungs" is the least of my concerns really.
100% of all people who've had a glass of whatever dies at some point.

I like this poll though, pathetic and childish answer all around.
So adorable =D

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cnlmullen

I have smoked for about 2 years, but I quit about a year ago. 

President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZeForgotten:  How's the view from that high-horse?
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By awesomeusername
@ZeForgotten: LALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zeforgotten
@President_Barackbar: Pretty good, being better than you feels great :D
So because I admit to smoking I'm on a high horse, or was it the fact that I found the answers to the poll biased? 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#22  Edited By Yummylee
@Rohok said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" Awfully biased poll you have here.. I don't smoke, though even I can admit to the options descriptions being really judgemental and one sided to your own views on smoking. A simple yes/no poll should of sufficed. "
I didn't know there were alternate views on the effect of smoking. "
I'm not debating that it's not unhealthy, but some people do enjoy smoking for what it is: a means to help relax, and some even actually enjoy the taste. The poll descriptions come off as condescending, as if smoking is purely a one way ticket to death.
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Oldirtybearon
@Elazul said:
" @KingWilly said:
" @Elazul said:

"
I mean within the context of the poll. Those options are fucking ridiculous. "
I agree, but eh, the OP wants to be a dick, he's going to be a dick.

@awesomeusername said:
" @KingWilly: @Abyssfull: Too many people smoke, especially here in New York. Almost every pre-teen/teen smokes, my father used to smoke marijuana and cigarettes, and I hate it. Sorry if it's a little biased, I just have a great distaste for it. Apologies. "
Personal life choices are personal life choices. They aren't a reason to dislike someone or be judgemental about them. You can say too many people smoke, and to you that may be correct. I could also say too many ignorant trailer trash welfare moms have children, but that doesn't mean I hold the right to act like a dick about it.

Perhaps thinking about it from the other side of the fence is in order. As a smoker, I can tell you that I get plenty of dirty looks when I light up in a public place like a street corner or something to that effect. I can also tell you that I've gotten many disapproving lectures from random strangers just for having a cigarette. We've made plenty of concessions to non-smokers over the last fifteen-twenty years. From not smoking in doors to even standing twenty meters from doors, and yet people still generally act like assholes about people smoking. It's more than a little annoying to visit a website you like and see the same condescending behaviour there as well. 
Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I smoked for about 10 years total. Quit "cold turkey" but I do have a cigar on rare occasion when I'm drunk.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By toowalrus
@KingWilly said:
"Personal life choices are personal life choices. They aren't a reason to dislike someone or be judgemental about them."
Absolutely personal life choices are a reason to dislike someone- though smoking is a pretty dumb reason. I dislike my former boss, because he choose to beat his wife.
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Oldirtybearon
@hematurge: Not trying to go off topic, but is that an Eternal Champions avatar?

Fucking cool.
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By awesomeusername
@awesomeusername said: 
" @KingWilly: @Abyssfull: Too many people smoke, especially here in New York. Almost every pre-teen/teen smokes, my father used to smoke marijuana and cigarettes, and I hate it. Sorry if it's a little biased, I just have a great distaste for it. Apologies. "
Personal life choices are personal life choices. They aren't a reason to dislike someone or be judgemental about them. You can say too many people smoke, and to you that may be correct. I could also say too many ignorant trailer trash welfare moms have children, but that doesn't mean I hold the right to act like a dick about it.

Perhaps thinking about it from the other side of the fence is in order. As a smoker, I can tell you that I get plenty of dirty looks when I light up in a public place like a street corner or something to that effect. I can also tell you that I've gotten many disapproving lectures from random strangers just for having a cigarette. We've made plenty of concessions to non-smokers over the last fifteen-twenty years. From not smoking in doors to even standing twenty meters from doors, and yet people still generally act like assholes about people smoking. It's more than a little annoying to visit a website you like and see the same condescending behaviour there as well. 
"
As I said, my apologies. I don't dislike people who smoke, I just dislike that they do it. I find it utterly atrocious and having to watch as everyone around you start doing it makes it worse. Plus, the stench and the thought of what it does to people makes me hate it even more. It makes me want to vomit whenever I see those commercials where they'll show a surgery and the doctors taking out some yellow thing, I forgot what it was, and then say that it's because of smoking. I can't stand it and the answers for my poll are because what I see around me. If I could change the poll answers, I would, because now I see how it might offend people. I'll edit my post with a big yes or no and an apology for the answers, but that's all I can do for now. Once again, I am sorry for offending you and acting a bit of a dick.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By toowalrus

I'm kinda in a weird place on this, because like I said earlier, I've never had a cigarette in my life, and I don't plan to, but I'm 100% supportive of smoker's rights. Honestly, if restaurant or bar bar owners choose to allow customers to smoke inside, the government should stay out of it. 

If non-smokers don't like it, then they can fuck off and find a non-smoking place to hang out. It personally doesn't bug me, because an hour of second hand smoke a week isn't going to do anybody any harm. 

(I'm not saying there's no danger to 2nd hand smoke, the employees of that bar may have some issues, but that's their choice to work there. And you probably shouldn't keep your toddlers in the car with the windows rolled up as you light up).
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By beej
@awesomeusername: What's with the "bettys" thing? Everyone here is a duder regardless of gender if I'm not mistaken. 
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By AhmadMetallic

biased poll is a no go

poll options that dont answer the poll question itself, no go

I smoke the hookah once a week. thats about it
thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thehexeditor

For the past few days (including today) I've felt the urge to pick up smoking. I've smoked maybe two cigarettes in my life (a long time ago,  each time was far apart) and both times were pretty rad.
Then I think about the effect it would have on my teeth and breath and I say  'nope'

S0ndor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By S0ndor

Never smoked a cigarette. Couple of blunts when I was 15/16. 

Smoking is kinda gross and pointless, though.
Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hunkulese
@TooWalrus said:

If non-smokers don't like it, then they can fuck off and find a non-smoking place to hang out. It personally doesn't bug me, because an hour of second hand smoke a week isn't going to do anybody any harm. 

What about non-smokers working in restaurants who can't just fuck off and have to put up with second hand smoke more than an hour a week. I used to smoke and thought it was disgusting to smoke inside.
Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KingWilly:  Yes sir it is Xavier. I grew up with the Genesis, never had a SNES of my own.

Back on topic. Something something tobacco. Something else marijuana.
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By awesomeusername
@beej: I thought duders were just for the dudes, I joined GB kind of late, I think last October or November so I really wouldn't know.

@hematurge: I don't like turkey, but I like cold salami. I don't like cheese either. Bah humbug!
fr0stb1te

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fr0stb1te

I don't usually. If I'm sleeping outside for more than 5 consecutive days, then yea. Like a chimney.

President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZeForgotten said:
"I like this poll though, pathetic and childish answer all around. So adorable =D "
No, it was more this part.
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By Kyreo

I will smoke every now and then.  Once every two and a half weeks, maybe.  Or on special occasions when I just want to mellow out.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By zeforgotten
@President_Barackbar said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
"I like this poll though, pathetic and childish answer all around. So adorable =D "
No, it was more this part. "
So it was because I found the answers childish and pathetic? (The poll answers that other called Dickish) ?

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By WickedCestus
@TooWalrus said:
" I'm kinda in a weird place on this, because like I said earlier, I've never had a cigarette in my life, and I don't plan to, but I'm 100% supportive of smoker's rights. Honestly, if restaurant or bar bar owners choose to allow customers to smoke inside, the government should stay out of it. 

(I'm not saying there's no danger to 2nd hand smoke, the employees of that bar may have some issues, but that's their choice to work there. And you probably shouldn't keep your toddlers in the car with the windows rolled up as you light up).
"
Hey, you just said exactly what I was thinking!
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZeForgotten:  Well yeah, the way you said it makes you seem like you are being  condensing.
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Why would i say anything but no?
But yes.

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By s7evn

Naw, it's just not worth it in my opinion.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zeforgotten
@President_Barackbar: I see, so being condesending against smokers is ok but the other way around isn't? 
I'm sorry about that then. 

My bad and all that :P
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By toowalrus
@Hunkulese said:
" @TooWalrus said:

What about non-smokers working in restaurants who can't just fuck off and have to put up with second hand smoke more than an hour a week. I used to smoke and thought it was disgusting to smoke inside. "
I totally mentioned that in my post! I guess I didn't dive too deep into what I believe though. If the store was non-smoking when the workers were hired, I don't think they should be changing the policy retroactively without the workers blessing. However, if the workers started working at a smoking permitted location, I don't think they should have to ruin the experience of all the frequent visiting smokers because the employees don't like it.
vendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By vendetta

Only when I drink. Which is pretty much all weekend long.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By JTB123

I used to, quit three years ago now. Definitely occasions where I miss it though.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By craigbo180

I'm sure someone a while ago posted a guide on how to properly post a poll. Unfortunately nearly no-one read it. Should have been stickied!

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50  Edited By floodiastus

Tobacco no, Cannabis yes!