• 110 results
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kmdrkul

I was thinking the other day, as I was eating a slice of pizza at the joint across the street from our Humanities building, about how shitty it always felt when I had to be seen alone in public.  As a college student, it's something that I'm still getting used to, but I try to avoid it at all costs and get a classmate to tag along with me.  From simple things like eating or studying in the library, to bigger things like attending concerts, I realized I've done a lot of stuff by myself, and I'll be honest, I feel lonely every once in a while.  I don't mind being alone in general, I guess I'm just so insecure about being seen alone that it makes me uncomfortable sometimes.  On one hand you can argue that doing things alone makes you a strong-willed, independent person.  On the other hand, you can just think you're a complete and utter loser with no friends sometimes.   But forget all of that, this is not about me bitching about having to grow the hell up.

So I'd like to know if I'm the only one who feels this way.  How often do you guys do things on your own?  How old are you?  Do you prefer being independent or do you like always being around friends? 

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Bombs_Away

Well I masturbate alone and I really do prefer it alone...Whenever my friends are around it always seems to create an awkward situation when I get my cock out.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Fallen189

I can see this thread being full of faux aspie "I do everything on my own cause friends are for jerks >:("

I do most things by myself, but if a buddy wants to hang out, or do anything, I'll do it. People are for the most part cool.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@kmdrkul said:
" you're a complete and utter loser with no friends "
That's exactly who I am.  So to answer your question: literally, all the time.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kmdrkul
@Bombs_Away said:
" Well I masturbate alone and I really do prefer it alone...Whenever my friends are around it always seems to create an awkward situation when I get my cock out. "
Really?  You should find more sociable friends.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Fallen189 said:
" I can see this thread being full of faux aspie "I do everything on my own cause friends are for jerks >:( "
But... but... ish true!  At least, I mean it when I say I don't need friends in the least.
Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mariek430

I'll be forced into social interaction once or twice a week. Prefer to do most things alone such as movies as I fucking hate having people sit next to me during movies. Oddly enough I love co-op games.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bombs_Away
@kmdrkul said:
" @Bombs_Away said:
" Well I masturbate alone and I really do prefer it alone...Whenever my friends are around it always seems to create an awkward situation when I get my cock out. "
Really?  You should find more sociable friends. "
Well I tried that once. I saw a program on TV that seemed to insinuate that a playground was a place to meet people and make friends. So off I woddled to the playground, tried to be sociable but instead I got bullied, hit over the head with a handbag and was told that I was a pervert. And they made me sign this piece of paper admitting that I did a naughty thing and now I'm not allowed anywhere near the playground...Or anywhere with children for that matter :(
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kmdrkul
@Bombs_Away said:
" @kmdrkul said:
" @Bombs_Away said:
Well I tried that once. I saw a program on TV that seemed to insinuate that a playground was a place to meet people and make friends. So off I woddled to the playground, tried to be sociable but instead I got bullied, hit over the head with a handbag and was told that I was a pervert. And they made me sign this piece of paper admitting that I did a naughty thing and now I'm not allowed anywhere near the playground...Or anywhere with children for that matter :( "
Ah, so you have one of those annoying electronic gizmos on your ankle also? 
Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bombs_Away
@kmdrkul said:
" @Bombs_Away said:
" @kmdrkul said:
" @Bombs_Away said:
Well I tried that once. I saw a program on TV that seemed to insinuate that a playground was a place to meet people and make friends. So off I woddled to the playground, tried to be sociable but instead I got bullied, hit over the head with a handbag and was told that I was a pervert. And they made me sign this piece of paper admitting that I did a naughty thing and now I'm not allowed anywhere near the playground...Or anywhere with children for that matter :( "
Ah, so you have one of those annoying electronic gizmos on your ankle also?  "
It doesn't even play tetris...How shit is that?
ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ZmillA

amazing thread

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Synthballs

*snigger* Hehehe...Oh the things I do alone...

Cry :(

Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Siris

Being alone is one of my favorite things and I am by no means an anti-social person. I like people and I enjoy observing them and hearing their viewpoints on things and talking with them just the same. But something about being alone really gives me a chance to clear my mind and be at ease and to organize my priorities. When I'm with friends I always feel like I have to be somewhere getting something more productive done, its a strange feeling. Now if I could only combine my productivity while being with friends.

I'm 22 and I prefer being alone most of the time so I can have a chance to get something done. When I am around friends I feel obligated to entertain them in some fashion, which sometimes can be something where I'm expressing my creativity or we're all having a creative conversation, those are the times when I enjoy the company of my friends and family the most. If I'm hanging out with some people and we're just having idle conversation, I get bored fast...

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bombs_Away
@Siris said:
So basically it's masturbation for you too yeah?
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I smoke pot alone. Mainly because I will talk about one simple thing, but in an imense amount of detail.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kmdrkul
@ZmillA said:
" amazing thread "
Amazing contribution. 
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eroticfishcake

I like being alone but at the same time I also really enjoy the company of my friends. I suppose for a 20 year old most people would expect me to go out but I don't really do it that often. It really depends of which friends are there and what my mood is like at the time. It's no big deal to me to be honest.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By InfiniteGeass

Pretty much all the time. I prefer being alone though.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Warfare

Constantly.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Capum15

I like being alone, but hanging out with friends is fine.

But in answer to the topic title, most of the time.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If i get the choice i would rather have a friend along to do things with, so not usually alone.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By hockeymask27

I'm also in college and I hate when I'm the only one on break. Eating alone makes me feel awkward. However studying and other things don't really bug me. Then again i'm an only child so that might have something to do with it.
edit: 20 years old btw.

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Demonstride

Sometimes I like to be alone I get annoyed too easily.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Toxin066

All the time. Because I'm a man. And a man is an island.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Whisperkill

When you get older, it won't bother as much 

Nobody judges a guy wearing a shirt and tie eating alone. A teenager, maybe 

Also, I HAVE to study alone.... in a quiet place, with NO distractions

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@kmdrkul said:

" How often do you do things on your own?     "

all the time 

@kmdrkul said: 

" How old are you?   "

@kmdrkul said: 

"  Do you prefer being independent or do you like always being around friends?  "

ive been aching to have friends for years, but at the same time i despise people and am generally disgusted by socializing, i dont believe that real friendship exists and i cant help but notice that being with other people is but a series of awkward moments. stop deying it.  
so its a neverending conflict for me. 

P.S. , i dont think u should be insecure about being seen alone.. i think you should be insecure about always being seen with people because that would mean that youre a shallow hollow prick who cant spend 5 minutes by himself and is dependant on socializing which in my opinion is the most disgusting addiction .
IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By IcySandman

I don't know...I like being around people alot, but I don't mind being alone either.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Demyx

In high school this was pretty much the story of my life. I was lonely all 4 years. I maybe went on 3 dates. Didn't really have any friends to hang out with on the weekends. Didn't go to parties, not even birthday parties. Didn't attend any games, or dances until Prom. My social development even know seems like its a couple years behind most 18 year olds.

But now that I'm in college, I am much more confident, talkative, I have friends to hang out with. I'm having the time of my fucking life. Love it.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iam3green

i am always alone. anyone want to be friends?

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By meteora

Alone most of the time. I really prefer being in a company whenever I can.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By Tireyo

Just about all the time.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By ZenaxPure

I can't find many people with the same interests (gaming and actually knowing what you're talking about) as me around my campus so I do most stuff alone around here since I got out of high school (I didn't do many things alone then). But uh I spend time on XBL always in a party chatting with my friends, that counts right??!?!?!

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By Hamst3r

I'm often on my own as I'm not a social person and I prefer staying indoors. Luckily, my friends get it and they don't bother me much or with stuff I'm not interested in. They know I don't want to go hang out at the coffee shop, so they don't ask. If anyone is going to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles though, they always call me, because I always want chicken and waffles.

Do want: Food, movies, arcades, virtual reality, music shops, gaming/music conventions, scenic car trips, beaches, zen gardens.
Do not want: clubs, concerts, plays, malls, libraries, coffee shops, amusement parks, camping, hiking, art galleries, museums.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty misanthropic, so I'm almost always alone, slaving away at some book I'm reading or some piece I'm writing. As of late, very little of my time has been spent playing video games. 

My misanthropy is probably a biproduct of being a studious college student surrounded by literally thousands of bro-slices trying to get themselves a piece. I don't need to be around that, nor do I need to become that, is the point of my ideology.

hai2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hai2u

cmon man only chicks crave/need social interaction. Friends are great but dont get too occupied in always having to be seen with others, u dont wana be insecure and needy now do u ;p

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#36  Edited By rjayb89

When I'm ready to throwdown, I bro-down.  However, that is not always the case.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kmdrkul
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
  P.S. , i dont think u should be insecure about being seen alone.. i think you should be insecure about always being seen with people because that would mean that youre a shallow hollow prick who cant spend 5 minutes by himself and is dependant on socializing which in my opinion is the most disgusting addiction . "

Thanks for calling me a shallow prick in my own thread.  You're a real cool guy!
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RetroIce4
@sodiumCyclops said:
" I smoke pot alone. Mainly because I will talk about one simple thing, but in an imense amount of detail. "
I am not gonna lie but whenever I smoke alone. The 'effect" is outrageously stronger than with company/friends, ect. Is it just me? Anyway I do a lot of things alone, but I dont' care if a friend wants to come along. Be my guest.
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Black_Raven

I've done pretty much everything alone for the last 2 years, this includes going out to eat. I'm just a loner.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By Black_Rose

I do a lot of things alone, however, when I'm in the uni I usually hang out with my gf or my other 3 friends, when they don't go I'm all alone since I haven't really bothered to make friends besides those. 

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@RetroIce4 said:
" @sodiumCyclops said:
" I smoke pot alone. Mainly because I will talk about one simple thing, but in an imense amount of detail. "
I am not gonna lie but whenever I smoke alone. The 'effect" is outrageously stronger than with company/friends, ect. Is it just me? Anyway I do a lot of things alone, but I dont' care if a friend wants to come along. Be my guest. "
Yeah it can do that, although when im around friends I just get really tired :P
Avatar image for randominternetperson
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'm usually around my friends,family and my gf but sometime i'm alone.I don't masturbate then,but i play GAYMSZZZZ

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By Ryax
@RandomInternetPerson said:
" I'm usually around my friends,family and my gf but sometime i'm alone.I don't masturbate then,but i play GAYMSZZZZ "
pretty much exactly the same. got my girl and my friends. some times i see my family
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By animateria
@kmdrkul said:
" @ZmillA said:
" amazing thread "
Amazing contribution.  "
Ditto.
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By EvilTwin
@Toxin066 said:
" All the time. Because I'm a man. And a man is an island. "
Dude, I have some bad news.  You know how you've been living your whole life based on that John Donne poem?  Well, you kinda misread it.  It's okay, though, if you hurry you might still have time to make friends!
Sammichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sammichman
@Bombs_Away said:

This. 
But yeah, most of the time on Fridays and stuff I normally just go home an chill, maybe shoot some fools in the head on the old BF:BC2 or MW2, watch some Archer.
Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have any more space for the daggers sticking out of my back. Who needs more friends like that?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#48  Edited By wefwefasdf

I like to keep it balanced. I like hanging out with friends and being social,but I also like being alone.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By crusader8463

I never understood why people felt bad to do things by themselves. I'm an only child who has never had any friends his entire life so i have always done things by myself. What's so wrong with doing things by yourself?

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By bubahula

i like to keep balance but friends are becoming a rare commodity