How often do you post on GB?

• 71 results
DarthTraitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I’m new. So definitely not often for me.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

More than I should.

I gave up on social media (too toxic on all fronts, and I keep up with people I care to keep up with).

I get all my posting into the void of the Internet out of my system here.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I used to post a lot more but now it's maybe twice a week. I have a lot of posts but they are spread over 8 years which I feel fine about.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Way too much. If I've got a free minute or if I don't quite know what I want to do at the moment, I tend to spend it just scrolling through GB forums and occasionally posting. I've gotten away from this habit before, but slipped back into it at times.

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I didn't post at all for years, then a couple months ago my GPU burnt out and I went three months without being able to play any games at all. I posted for the first time, more as a need to express some of the videogame fandom that was building up and no where to go. From then on I think I do maybe one a week on average, some more and some not at all?

DarthTraitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarthTraitor

@nutter: Yeah it’s nice having a certain anonymity when posting on sites like this; compared to social media where everyone and their mother claims to know everything about you, even your political beliefs, based on a few harmless memes you may have posted.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I posted a lot more when I had my old account. I don't like to post as much anymore. A lot of the threads start out so innocent and then somehow devolve into arguing, and it gets tiring.

DarthTraitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsnyder82: That was a problem I saw very prevalent when posting on the Gamespot forums.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthtraitor: Eh, my Twitter account was under a fake name since I really just used to to keep up on bands.

Without looking for it, the turmoil, outrage, and politics are thrown down your throat.

My Facebook account was me, but so much of what everyone puts on there is stuff I either don’t care about or stuff I would get from talking to them anyhow.

DarthTraitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DarthTraitor

@nutter: Exactly. I find it to be useless banter and drivel regardless. Social media (Facebook in particular) seems to be one big propaganda ad after another. Not to mention the virtue signaling. Oh the virtue signaling. Best to stay silent or veer away from it altogether.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

This is the only forum I post on and have been posting since GB's inception, so quite a lot. Also, I just checked on the top user's page, and I guess I cracked the 48th place of forum posts. I was going to say I was surprised I wasn't in it since I feel like I have a lot of posts. That said, I am not on here all the time, but when I am, I do like to gander at the threads and post. It's what I like to do most on here I'd say. Make threads, read posts, reply or just give my opinion. Discussing games is part of the fun of gaming to me. I generally stay out of personal topic threads or threads outside of gaming in general (though, I have gone into them of course). I also think the community here is, at least from what I've experienced, the most well spoken, and least toxic or at least there aren't many fanboy trolls here that want to start fights. It's also why the recent outcropping of threads about toxicity here is a bit surprising since I've had little issue here. Some have taken issue with the way I type (like pointing out my run-on sentences), but that's about it.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthtraitor: It’s hard to stay out of it, so I’d rather just kill the accounts. I have a LinkedIn account, because I got tired of telling folks who wanted to connect that I don’t have one, but that’s one boring platform.

DarthTraitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter: That’s really the best thing you can do. I have a LinkedIn as well. Funny enough, I’ve never actually got a job through it.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Almost never. Most I do is give random thoughts on chat. Whole months pass between actual forum posts.

mozzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had thousands of post on Gamespot over the course of a couple years. Left when Giant Bomb started. So I've been here since day one. For whatever reason, never really became part of the community here. Even though I consume just about everything.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nutter

@darthtraitor: Yeah, it’s mostly been my kids’ friends’ parents who ask to connect on LinkedIn, also the odd co-worker, former colleague, and person met at an industry conference or event

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't post very often, but usually check out new threads every day or so. I like the idea of being very active in the community, writing blogs, editing the wiki, etc... but I haven't been that involved for one reason or another. I'm not active on any social media or other forums at all.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I used to post way more, nearly every video and a lot of forums. I was up there on the Top Posters lists but have slowed down considerably in the past few years.

Probably when Jeff shared his realization of "you don't need an opinion on everything," I had been thinking the same thing. But then again, I'm reading the forums and comments a lot less as well these days so maybe I'm just backing away from the internet in general.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zombie2011

I started my account 10 years ago...

so 5537/3650 = 1.5 times a day

I would say it's slowed to a crawl recently maybe only a couple times a month at this point.

pnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I created this account about four years ago, so at least one post per year.

Avatar image for dude_dudenstein
Dude_Dudenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly not often at all. I'll try to though, I like this community

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enough to have four digits.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6374a416885
deactivated-5b6374a416885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not much. Not because I dislike my interactions with the community, but I simply don't feel the need to comment a lot. Honestly I just like to enjoy the content I consume and leave it at that.

StoneyBologna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lurk. But I would like to start becoming an ‘active GB member’, whatever that means w my crazy real life schedule...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Quite a bit the last couple of years.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cerberus3dog

Recently I've been stopping myself from posting if I find I don't have anything of substance to add, if my opinion has already been said, or if I feel uninformed about a subject. I've stopped commentating on "GB critique" posts because I no longer am a subscriber nor consume most of their content. I avoid controversial and toxic topics because I've rarely had success engaging in arguments over the internet. I do visit these forums daily though because I like a lot of the regular posters here and am interested in their opinions and what they're playing even if I don't engage in conversation with them myself.

So in the end I probably post maybe 10 times a month?

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seemingly too often. Trying to do so less.

Ezlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I haven't posted in six years and ten months.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@ezlo said:

I haven't posted in six years and ten months.

I anxiously await your next post in 2025!

Leadcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only a few times a year. This is my second of today though.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

Not as much as I should. Have become more and more of a lurker over the past few years.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was posting frequently back when the site had quests. The removal of the quests and the fact that I rarely sit at a computer/laptop at home now are the biggest factors in my lack of posts. The site has such a cool search system but I’m rarely motivated to use it. I’m still a diehard fan.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By BaneFireLord

I've been hanging around her for about 9 years, so based on my post count just a little over once a day on average.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I never post on this forum.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've posted five or six times since I joined, give or take ~8980 posts or so.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another here from near the beginning.

Not as much as I used to.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Once or twice a day usually.

Francium34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

once every week or so, in terms of reply/comments

for original posts, much less often, I should try to do it more though, just for practice

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By oodli

Once a month or two on average? I'm more of a lurker and most of the time I feel I have nothing to add to a topic.

I would like to post more, but I'm always too lazy to formulate an actual post that is worth something.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Greg

I've been active on the forum for less than a year, I post just about every day. Sometimes two or three times a day, some times not at all.

It depends on how bored I am at work.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Turambar

My total post history according to my profile is 700 pages long. The most recent 50 pages (7% of all my posts) were made in the last 3 out of 9 years I spent on GB. That's a pretty precipitous drop.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably every 1-2 days or so.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#45 riostarwind  Moderator

Not very often at all. I spend most of my time reading the forums and writing game reviews.

drdust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not often.

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mekon

I've been here prior to the Big Live Live Show Live in 2010 (my previous account got deleted when I created a paid account with a different name at that time, but that's all good) and my current post account says close to 490 posts. On that basis the average is a little over one a week, but they'll accumulate around the subjects I'm interested in. So maybe about twice a month really. Edit: I spend some time on chat too. Edit 2: Wanna see Jeff with a moustache? Here you go, you weird people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOyOQATcR7A

sjandltkdgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I've got a free minute or if I don't quite know what I want to do at the moment,

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couple of times a week, sometimes more, usually way less. I assume my post count includes comments on videos as well?

I tend to stay away from discussing topics that I imagine can turn into debates very often. I really just don’t like heated discussions, even if those involved aren’t hurling insults and being complete jerks.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To much, i blame slow work days.