User Lists: 0

Once. Hi!

cashbasket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Very Infrequently. I was in that [unofficial] Giant Bomb Facebook group, and I'd post there some, but I quit Facebook because... well, I probably don't have to explain that decision. I do like reading stuff in the forums, but I'm usually too busy watching Load Our Last Souls again to post much.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I post on video's a bunch and the forums not that much but that's mainly because of how the forum functions and looks, it's messy, threads get burried and forgotten very quickly and game specific discussion threads are almost non existent. Take a forum like resetera for example - layoutwise, you have one thread for a game and everyone posts in there to talk about a game, here it's a game page in which you can make a bunch of different threads and nobody talks. Even popular games are a ghost town when it comes to game discussion.

clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I've pretty much been a member since the beginning, check the site daily and yet only have this few posts. But I have about 10 times this number of posts I started writing, realized I was talking about something I don't care about / don't need y'alls feedback on what I have to say / don't feel like y'all should care about what I think and just left the page without actually submitting.

The main thing that keeps me from posting more is the general lack of interactivity, though. Actual discussion is almost non-existent on these forums, most threads are just a random list of opinions without anyone replying to anyone else.

I like the chat, though, during live streams. Feels way more like actually talking to someone than just adding another random opinion.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#57 gamer_152  Moderator

It's changed a lot for me over time, but generally, I think I post a few times a month now. The forums aren't as busy as they used to be and my interests are pretty selective.

Tempa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Tempa

I just stated today.

Never was a "Community person". That is why i also turn of chat during the streams or just dont write them E-Mails or Voice Mails

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By ToxicAntidote

I often feel like I'm not posting enough, although I have been more active in the last 2 years than I used to be before that. But I always have the feeling that I want to participate more in this community, be part of the zeitgeist, make my voice heard. But I tend to just sit back and observe more instead, probably because I struggle a lot with social anxiety.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I don't post here much anymore. Is it my imagination or are the forums and comments sections not nearly as active as they used to be?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Uh, a lot. Though much, much less now than I used to. The forums are pretty dead nowadays, especially compared to back in the heyday so I mostly stick to the wrestling thread. It was pretty different place back in the day. If you look at the top posters, I think somewhere around half of the top 10 is banned now. It's a minor miracle that I've made it this long, to be honest.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the past, a whole lot but these days I don’t have the time for long winded remarks so my replies are down to maybe once or twice a week, and then usually not about a game because I rarely play new releases. I am often playing a game that’s a year or two old and the community has moved onto more recent fare. I don’t mind since it also means there are many resources online in case I have questions or need a play through video to get me past a rough spot.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

About 1/10th of the time that I open a thread and start thinking about whether I actually want to take the time to post a reply or not.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Well, given the 5 digit number next to my username acquired over 10 years, I think the answer is probably "too much." Not as much as I used to, thankfully, but I still spend maybe a little too much time lurking on these forums when I have nothing better to do.

ColtonCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been a premium member for awhile. Don't use the forums much though.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I just went almost a full year between posts.

richyhahn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spend all my downtime consuming content, so i never have time to post much of interest...

Wait what am I doing?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#69  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Far less than I used to. The lack of a way to track sitewide new blogs and updates from friends since Sea Serpent has continued to be a real bummer. As I’ve said repeatedly before, community is what drove me to love this site and the gutting of the tools to make that aspect meaningful and fun makes me less inclined to interact much on the forums. I hope that eventually becomes a priority again for the design team because I think there are a lot of potentially great writers here just waiting to be given a means of discovery.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I wish I posted more. But it’s far less than I used to, partially due to time spent on here in front of a computer has lessened compared to that on my phone and typing long replies on phone isn’t that fun. Partially because I blog less because I feel like I have less to say in general. But I have also lost a little bit of the community feel I had for this place. Yet I still read the forums daily. But it’s a trend all over for me. I stopped posting on Facebook a few years ago, except for sharing some science news. I post on twitter a few times per year at best.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#71  Edited By CastroCasper

Too much previously. Tried to tone it down since then, but you ruined it! :D

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

Very occasionally, I prefer to just lurk, read what others are getting up to and talking about. There are lots of great people within the community so despite my alienation from the site's main content I still stick around.

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I think I have social media addiction. I posted so much on this site that mods gave me a warning and locked some of my threads. And am on a thread posting probation of sorts.

I have people now thinking I'm a troll or disruptive now. But I'm not troll. What I think is the matter is that I have social media addiction and I like posting way too much. And, given that this is a smaller community where people don't post as often as other sites, that's probably not a very welcome thing.

I would ask for recommendations for video game websites to use where I can talk about games to my heart's content. Since I'm kind of in need of one after no longer being able/allowed to use NeoGAF and ResetERA. I'm definitely in the market for a video game community/forum/social network. Steam community is full of jerks, and reddit's administration openly condones Nazis. And I have no interest in GamerGate, so the Escapist isn't for me. The only reason I ever used The Escapist frequently years ago, is because of Extra Credits, who in my opinion were the best content on the site.

Unfortunately, every website I have gone to, asking for recommendations for other forums/communities has been frowned upon as a faux pas. The usual response is that you shouldn't ask that question, or answers like "who do you need but us? Obviously we're the best forum." Though, in my opinion, no forum is perfect. Every single one has facets I would consider issues. Anyway, I'm not a troll. I'm only here because I heard about this site from GAF/ERA for years, and needed a new forum.

I definitely have an addition, a social media addiction. Wait, Forums are Social Media, right? When I search internet forum addition in search engines, I'm usually redirected to articles about "social media addiction", there aren't many specifically talking about internet forums. But forums are my favourite form of social media. Twitter and Tumblr are somewhat nice, but not very conversational and overly clique-ish. It feels like getting on a soapbox in the middle of a public sidewalk and having everyone ignore you unless you have a strong group of social media friends. I find forums easier and more verbose, in that regard.

I also post a lot of controversial topics about things, so I guess you could say I'm not an adherent of "color blindness". Or avoiding non-harmonious topics like gender or race. Perhaps because I have unresolved internal conflicts and find the back and forth stimulating.

But yeah, as a whole, I post a lot on the internet. And crave posting a lot on the internet. I would post more here if I didn't think it would get me in trouble. I have several topics I wish I could create right now. And would do so if I weren't afraid of getting banned from yet another website.