How to best deal with chavs (Or your national equivalent)

• 77 results
Furyjoell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Furyjoell

Ok so I'm a van driver. The other day I delivered to a place called Blaenymaes. It's one of the local "rough" areas. Some chavs walked out in front of my van and started throwing fireworks at me. One of them got caught in the side-step and actually charred the side of the van. Do you think anyone would mind if I run them over next time I see them? If you don't think I'd get away with killing them, how do you propose I deal with these little pritts?    

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Just reassure yourself that they'll most likely be dead by the age of 25. Either from tripping over their own shoelaces or a drug overdose.

the2ndLayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By the2ndLayer

You should check out the movie Harry Brown. It shows Michael Caine dealing with chavs. Great movie.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShadowConqueror

..?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Report em to the cops if they keep doing it.
Otherwise, nope, you're pretty much out of luck, I know the feeling.

And no, hurting them or anything will not fix it.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thegoldencat7

For the benfit of those who don't know what hes talking about. 

Chav is a derogatory term used to describe certain young people in the United Kingdom. "Chav" is often used to describe aggressive teenagers, of white working class background, who repeatedly engage in anti-social behaviour such as street drinking, drug abuse and rowdiness, or other forms of juvenile delinquency.

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By matiaz_tapia

@Furyjoell:  
 Well, not without motivation, but you could " get blinded by the fireworks" to the point where you "regrettably lost control" and "unfortunately ran over some of them"

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Geno
@Matiaz_Tapia said:
"  @Furyjoell:  
 Well, not without motivation, but you could " get blinded by the fireworks" to the point where you "regrettably lost control" and "unfortunately ran over some of them" "
Lmao, you'd make a nice lawyer. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Don't they have a problem in England of chavs just randomly slapping people. Nothing is funnier then watching clips of those guys getting their asses kicked for happy slapping the wrong dude.

BassmanPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BassmanPaul

Taekwon-Do practitioners will carry 3 bricks with them. If attacked, we lay them out and smash them with our forefists. No one will ever give you grief after that. 

You might want to condition your knuckles first, or you'll look like a tit.

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY

You're in England, it is illegal to defend yourself and the police won't help. Good luck! 

DeepSpaceJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeepSpaceJesus

Chavs sounds like a racial slur.

Furyjoell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Furyjoell
@GIVEMEREPLAY: I am in Wales, but yes you are still correct. Maybe I'll throw fireworks back at them... 

@Matiaz_Tapia : That's also a very good idea. 
ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ryoma122
@Furyjoell: 
 well you could get a hold of one of them tie them up take them out to the middle of no were beat the utter shit out of them 
and leave them there
Furyjoell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Furyjoell
@ryoma122: Then I'd be late to my delivery and we can't have that can we? haha
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Just to get some perspective from my fellow Americans, are chavs essentially wiggers? If so just remind them that they're white. They hate that.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheFreeMan
@dudeglove said:
" @the2ndLayer said:
" You should check out the movie Harry Brown. It shows Michael Caine dealing with chavs. Great movie. "
That's the one where he decks them on the London Tube train, right? "
I don't think so.

He generally goes around shooting them and being a badass senior. Though, how he deals with two extremely scummy drug dealers is the fucking tops. "You failed to maintain your weapon, son"
solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By solidlife
@Everyones_A_Critic:  Nope. They are kind of like your Trailer trash but Much more Anti social e.g just being a nuisance to society and a tax burden.  
I would say all you have to do to sort out a chav is spark him one in his jaw and tell him hes Not hard. I dont even get any trouble with Chavs because they already know the deal that people from london actually live in a "real" poverty areas where we actually will fight back.
thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thegoldencat7

Some chavs picking the wrong person to F- with. Hitting a women is not fighting like gentlemen.
nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nemt

Get Neg from Balls of Steel to play pranks on them.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" You're in England, it is illegal to defend yourself and the police won't help. Good luck!  "
do you have any idea how sad and terrifying that sounds ? in this day and age, no less..
Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BassmanPaul said:
" Taekwon-Do practitioners will carry 3 bricks with them. If attacked, we throw the bricks at them. No one will ever give you grief after that.  . "
Fixed
GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" You're in England, it is illegal to defend yourself and the police won't help. Good luck!  "
do you have any idea how sad and terrifying that sounds ? in this day and age, no less.. "
It is sad and terrifying. A country held hostage by street scum, and watched constantly from above (fruitlessly, I might add) by the state. Let's hope the Conservatives have the balls to legalize firearms and self defense once again; they're doing a decent job of reversing Britain's security/welfare state thus far. 
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
do you have any idea how sad and terrifying that sounds ? in this day and age, no less.. "
It is sad and terrifying. A country held hostage by street scum, and watched constantly from above (fruitlessly, I might add) by the state. Let's hope the Conservatives have the balls to legalize firearms and self defense once again; they're doing a decent job of reversing Britain's security/welfare state thus far.  "
no wonder my msn friend from Liverpool keeps talking about chavs jumping him and shit...  ive been to many countries in Europe, and the UK wasnt one of them. i was planning to visit this year or the next, but after hearing and reading so much about how the british street is nothing but chavs and muggers and trouble makers, i think i'll pass.. allow me to say that it is disappointing and disgusting =/ 
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I suppose if you Americans need some idea what a chav is imagine some sort of inverted version of Dr. Tracksuit. I've had deal with chavs all my life and they can be infuriating, dumb, and a danger to themselves and others, but with all people like this the best thing you can do is ignore them. Violence is rarely the answer for a number of reasons but these people often carry knives and even if you manage to get rid of them once you better pray to hell that they don't see you again because they may come back better equipped.

These kinds of people are a serious problem though; I lived in a rather unremarkable town in South-East England and knew a guy who was about as passive as people come, however, while wandering on the outskirts of town a gang of teenagers slammed his head into a metal bar, chipping his front teeth because he was apparently "on their territory", that this kind of thing can happen in this day and age in a first-world country is something that really makes you think. I'm just glad I've never lived in a part of the country where the problem was at its worst.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MikkaQ
@Furyjoell: Well, why didn't you start doing a burn-out with your van when they approached to freak them out. Then let go of the brakes for a short second, watch them flee. 
Furyjoell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Furyjoell
@Gamer_152: I was beaten up by a group of them a few years ago while walking home from work because I apparently told their brother to fuck off or something. One of them had a hammer, it was scary as shit I tell you that.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Gamer_152 said:
"I lived in a rather unremarkable town in South-East England and knew a guy who was about as passive as people come, however, while wandering on the outskirts of town a gang of teenagers slammed his head into a metal bar, chipping his front teeth because he was apparently "on their territory", that this kind of thing can happen in this day and age in a first-world country is something that really makes you think. I'm just glad I've never lived in a part of the country where the problem was at its worst. "
That's just fucking disgusting. "On their territoy." give me a fucking break. I'm sorry that happened to your friend.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#31  Edited By wefwefasdf
@thegoldencat7: That is the most awesome video. 
markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#32  Edited By markini6

Super Soaker + Tabasco. 

Aim for the eyes.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
It is sad and terrifying. A country held hostage by street scum, and watched constantly from above (fruitlessly, I might add) by the state. Let's hope the Conservatives have the balls to legalize firearms and self defense once again; they're doing a decent job of reversing Britain's security/welfare state thus far.  "
no wonder my msn friend from Liverpool keeps talking about chavs jumping him and shit...  ive been to many countries in Europe, and the UK wasnt one of them. i was planning to visit this year or the next, but after hearing and reading so much about how the british street is nothing but chavs and muggers and trouble makers, i think i'll pass.. allow me to say that it is disappointing and disgusting =/  "
Does your friend from Liverpool ever go The Krazyhouse? But yeah, I know what he's getting at, going out after dark in some areas is a death wish.
Stew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By Stew
@BassmanPaul said:
" Taekwon-Do practitioners will carry 3 bricks with them. If attacked, we lay them out and smash them with our forefists. No one will ever give you grief after that.  You might want to condition your knuckles first, or you'll look like a tit. "
hahahahahaha
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AhmadMetallic
" @Gamer_152 said:
" that this kind of thing can happen in this day and age in a first-world country is something that really makes you think"
Exactly... how the fuck are you guys letting something like this go on? it doesnt belong to such a country in such a century !
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FourWude

It's a common problem of youth violence that can be found is many countries around the world. It's nothing more than unorganized gang culture. 

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CandleJakk

Last run-in I had with a chav ended up with him pulling a knife on me because I didn't have a lighter. I don't smoke, so why would I? His response was "Wanna bet?"

For the most part though, and realistically, England is a pretty fucking safe place to be, unless you're in a big city (Manchester, Liverpool, London, Leeds), or a fairly deprived town (Reading, Newbury, Oxford).

ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ClaritySam
@GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
Yes it would be great if we all started shooting each other like in America.................
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HandsomeDead
@CandleJakk said:
"For the most part though, and realistically, England is a pretty fucking safe place to be, unless you're in a big city (Manchester, Liverpool, London, Leeds), or a fairly deprived town (Reading, Newbury, Oxford). "
Not really, considering you're basically saying if you're rich enough to live outside a metropolitan centre, you'll be fine.
Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Djeffers03

I fucking hate chavs.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CandleJakk
@HandsomeDead: In my experience, it's more expensive to live inside a metropolitan centre; though I do see where you're coming from. Ultimately though, it balances, most places have 'good' and 'bad' areas, just some places will have a higher proportion of 'bad' areas than other places do.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FunExplosions

I'm waiting on the day that people like this are executed by police on sight.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#43  Edited By Sin4profit

just start snapping their pictures with yer phone or have some kind of video surveillance.

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By Faint

"where were you when we were shit" <- the famous chavs (chelsea) chant to their thousands of glory supporters ;)

yes, i know not quite the chavs you're talking about, but chavs none the less!

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By infininja
@ClaritySam said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
Yes it would be great if we all started shooting each other like in America................. "
It's not the people with legal firearms starting the shooting.
babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By babblinmule

Even if they have knives its not too big of an issue these days since the vast majority of them have utterly no idea how to use one. Couple of years back, me and a few friends were walking back to Reading train station at 11pm (a mistake i dont make anymore) and 5 chavs (im guessing 15-17 years old) basically came up to us and told us to give them the subway sandwiches we were eating. We said no, the 'leader' pulls out a knife.

Long story short, the kid had utterly no idea what he was doing with it, lunged at me when i told to run home, I disarmed him and chucked it down the nearby drain..... and typically thats when 2 policemen walked round the corner.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Djeffers03
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
no wonder my msn friend from Liverpool keeps talking about chavs jumping him and shit...  ive been to many countries in Europe, and the UK wasnt one of them. i was planning to visit this year or the next, but after hearing and reading so much about how the british street is nothing but chavs and muggers and trouble makers, i think i'll pass.. allow me to say that it is disappointing and disgusting =/  "
It's fine if you just avoid the more run down areas which no tourists would ever visit anyway. Im sure it's just the same in the US, but instead of chavs you guys have gangsters.
Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Quacktastic

Lift weights.

marrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By marrec
@Sin4profit said:
" just start snapping their pictures with yer phone or have some kind of video surveillance. "

This is the U.K. we're talking about... 

Also yes there is a similar problem in the US with 'Gangstas' but they are, in their tiny shriveled up black hearts, business people. If, for example, you were to wander around McKeesport (A part of Pittsburgh) at night, the most you'd have to worry about is getting harassed by a few 'Gangstas' who are trying to sell you some kind of illegal material. Most of the violence takes place between themselves and they really look down on people killing off good business.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Djeffers03 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
It's fine if you just avoid the more run down areas which no tourists would ever visit anyway. Im sure it's just the same in the US, but instead of chavs you guys have gangsters. "
makes sense.. im from israel btw 
are those chavs in your avy ? :P