sponge3164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sponge3164

Every OT needs a zombie thread <_<
Alright, imagine you're sitting here posting on forums talking on AIM ect. Now a zombie busts through your door, you have 5 seconds to grab something and defend yourself with.
Look around you, what item could you use to save yourself that is at arms distance and how would you use it?
For me I got a baseball bat close so I could knock his head off. I also got a heavy metal case that I could use to knock him out.
Now OT, how would YOU survive?

mr_korean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mr_korean

My cat...

Ehden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ehden

The only thing within arms reach of me is my mouse, keyboard and a metronome. I guess i could just drive the zombie crazy with the constant clicking of the metronome. Not sure how effective that would be though.

fuzzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By fuzzay

Jeez, just use your computer chair to drive it out. The real question is figuring out the easiest way to get to your favorite pub.

sponge3164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sponge3164
Ehden said:
"The only thing within arms reach of me is my mouse, keyboard and a metronome. I guess i could just drive the zombie crazy with the constant clicking of the metronome. Not sure how effective that would be though.
"
bump it up to 500 bpm and that'll drive anyone away :P
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Karmum

The laptop that I use ti post on Giant Bomb.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By fr0br0

I wouldn't have enough time to grab something to fend myself because I would use the 5 seconds I have trying to figure out how the hell zombies really exist.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

God, I really have nothing close to me that could be used as a weapon...my PS3 controller? I guess I could strangle it with my chain wallet. :( I'm usually prepared for this sort of thing, being such a big zombie fan.

Ehden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ehden
sponge3164 said:
"Ehden said:
"The only thing within arms reach of me is my mouse, keyboard and a metronome. I guess i could just drive the zombie crazy with the constant clicking of the metronome. Not sure how effective that would be though.
"
"
Theres a fine line between driving the zombies away and driving me insane.
Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Aarny91

I'd grab one of the 4 stools closest to me.. Or the Samurai Sword in my Living Room

henjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By henjin
sponge3164 said:
"Ehden said:
"
"
I know someone who can play drums at about 3 times that speed. I think so at least, I would confirm but hes in Australia.
infect999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By infect999

I have some options. I could:

a) pick up the stack of blank CDs on my desk and chuck them at the zombie in a Dead Rising esque fashion

b) pick up the computer duster, spray it in the zombie's mouth, and hope it kills it

c) spray the zombie with an "antibacterial disinfectant spray" and hope it kills the parasite that has taken over the zombie. if it fails, at least the area will smell pretty when I die

d) run out the back door. it's only about 2 1/2 arm's-lengths away.

buyj3llo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By buyj3llo
Aarny said:
"I'd grab one of the 4 stools closest to me.. Or the Samurai Sword in my Living Room"
Samurai sword in the living room? How classy.

I would probably use my chair.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Karmum
Aarny said:
"I'd grab one of the 4 stools closest to me.. Or the Samurai Sword in my Living Room"
Samurai Sword for the win. I need to get me one of those types of swords.
efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By efrucht

I have my really old cell phone right here, I could melt his brain with it.... 9_6

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

Either toss my heavy computer tower at it or hope to kill if with my TV...?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By brukaoru

Within arms reach... I don't think my couch cushions would do much damage. I guess I could chuck the original Xbox at his head but somehow I'd think I'd probably miss. :|

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Termite

I don't have much to defend myself, other than a slightly sharp small shiva statue. That or a hard coaster I have...

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By kush
brukaoru said:
"Within arms reach... I don't think my couch cushions would do much damage. I guess I could chuck the original Xbox at his head but somehow I'd think I'd probably miss. :|
"
Why not chuck your PS3 ...or better yet, your Wii!!! I mean...that's pretty much the best use for it.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By brukaoru
Kush said:
"brukaoru said:
"Within arms reach... I don't think my couch cushions would do much damage. I guess I could chuck the original Xbox at his head but somehow I'd think I'd probably miss. :|"
Why not chuck your PS3 ...or better yet, your Wii!!! I mean...that's pretty much the best use for it."
Because the Xbox doesn't cost as much as those. Plus 360s are backwards compatible. And you know, maybe the zombie came over to play the Wii with me. :P
Corsaer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Corsaer

My door is about ten feet away from where I now sit in the corner of my room.
If a zombie burst in, it would probably take me close to a full second to process just what the fuck was going on.
So now I have four seconds left.  A quick glance to my left and right eats up another second but shows me that, in terms of weapons within reach--the best being a pair of scissors, a glass beer mug, a pen, and a floor lamp--I'm quite royally screwed.  With my last three seconds I would reach out and pull over a set of crates and cinder blocks that my 360 is sitting on (sounds ghetto as hell, but they're old wooden crates and old painted cinder blocks so it actually doesn't look too bad) to partially block it's course, then stand up and kick my huge computer chair in to the mess of zombie, 360, crates, and cinder blocks.  Now this would buy me possibly five or six more seconds, and with that time I would sidle between the bed and my wall (keeping my bed between the zombie and me) to grab the baseball bat I keep laying propped up against my night stand (which is a huge carboard box on its end, also ghetto, I know, but it's between my wall and my bed so you can only see what's sitting on top of it).  Now either the zombie can reach over my bed (twin size) to get at me, or navigate the mess I made for him and try to follow me behind the bed (about a foot between it and the wall).  I like to think, that with the severely limited processing power of the zombie brain, my attacker would see the open walkway of six or so feet along the outer side of my bed and opt for just reaching or crawling over to get at me, instead of taking the longer, narrow, and blocked path behind the bed that I took.  So when he leans over to reach for me, or crawl on to the bed, he'll be presenting his head much as if we were playing a game of teeball.  Home run?

Man am I bored.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Absurd

I have a pen, Headset, Lamp, Phone, Ipod, my laptop, and an extra chair...
Actually I have an easy way out no matter which way the zombie comes from so whatever, assuming it's a slow zombie, I'm outta there.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By kush
brukaoru said:
"Kush said:
"brukaoru said:
"Within arms reach... I don't think my couch cushions would do much damage. I guess I could chuck the original Xbox at his head but somehow I'd think I'd probably miss. :|"
Why not chuck your PS3 ...or better yet, your Wii!!! I mean...that's pretty much the best use for it."
Because the Xbox doesn't cost as much as those. Plus 360s are backwards compatible. And you know, maybe the zombie came over to play the Wii with me. :P
"
That is crazy talk...a Zombie isn't capable of the extensive moves needed for Wii games...especially if he's not using WiiMotion + or whatever that garbage was called.
logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By logson

My initial reaction would be to grab the chair next to me, but I do more damage with my banjo. I would disorient it with a cranium shot, then try to bust a knee cap, rendering it floor-bound. Then I would get on my bed, jump over the zombie, and escape.

TimeAttac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TimeAttac

After playing Dead Rising.... I am going to grab a teddy bear!!!!! ;)

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DarkLegend

I would use my water pistol. 

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Clean

grab a chair and kill it.

Kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Kaycon11

Well, this is a pretty awesome thread, and here is what I would do...

I would grab my glass cup in one hand, and I would grab my digital clock and yank it out of the wall. I would smash the glass into the zombie's face and then I would prolly smash my clock on the zombie's head and wrap the cord around it's neck and choke it.

Afterward I would prolly take a leak on it.

Real life zombie
Real life zombie
Digital Clock
Digital Clock
Glass
Glass
kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By kenzo287

i'd break the glass bottle next to me and fight him like a man! a fat half eaten man but a man no less...well technically a lot less with the whole half eaten thing...

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By megagene

I would throw my cat at the zombie. She can kick anyone's ass.

sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sdodd02

the fan!

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By brukaoru
Kush said:
"brukaoru said:
"Because the Xbox doesn't cost as much as those. Plus 360s are backwards compatible. And you know, maybe the zombie came over to play the Wii with me. :P"
That is crazy talk...a Zombie isn't capable of the extensive moves needed for Wii games...especially if he's not using WiiMotion + or whatever that garbage was called."
Well that zombie can go somewhere else! I probably will not buy one MotionPlus add-on, let alone two! >:|
sponge3164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sponge3164
Corsaer said:
"My door is about ten feet away from where I now sit in the corner of my room.
If a zombie burst in, it would probably take me close to a full second to process just what the fuck was going on.
So now I have four seconds left.  A quick glance to my left and right eats up another second but shows me that, in terms of weapons within reach--the best being a pair of scissors, a glass beer mug, a pen, and a floor lamp--I'm quite royally screwed.  With my last three seconds I would reach out and pull over a set of crates and cinder blocks that my 360 is sitting on (sounds ghetto as hell, but they're old wooden crates and old painted cinder blocks so it actually doesn't look too bad) to partially block it's course, then stand up and kick my huge computer chair in to the mess of zombie, 360, crates, and cinder blocks.  Now this would buy me possibly five or six more seconds, and with that time I would sidle between the bed and my wall (keeping my bed between the zombie and me) to grab the baseball bat I keep laying propped up against my night stand (which is a huge carboard box on its end, also ghetto, I know, but it's between my wall and my bed so you can only see what's sitting on top of it).  Now either the zombie can reach over my bed (twin size) to get at me, or navigate the mess I made for him and try to follow me behind the bed (about a foot between it and the wall).  I like to think, that with the severely limited processing power of the zombie brain, my attacker would see the open walkway of six or so feet along the outer side of my bed and opt for just reaching or crawling over to get at me, instead of taking the longer, narrow, and blocked path behind the bed that I took.  So when he leans over to reach for me, or crawl on to the bed, he'll be presenting his head much as if we were playing a game of teeball.  Home run?

Man am I bored.
"
hahahaha wow, you ARE pretty bored.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hazelnutman

A can of Febreez >_>

Mudkip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mudkip

I have this..Metal clock,Metal light,And a glass cup. >_<.
If things get hella worse I have a guitar behind me.

Merforga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Merforga

I'd do either of the following:
Ctrl+Alt+Del, go to Processes tab, close zombieindoor.exe
Alt+F4
Ctrl+Z

Avatar image for wsgrandomperson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WSGRandomPerson

Most likely beat it over the head with my monitor, and run..

FOXHOUND19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FOXHOUND19

I'd take the vacuum hose and shove it in his eye socket, sucking out the remaining brain matter in his head.  :D.

ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ReapersPuppy

this is & easy one..
I wouldnt survive!
I wanna see how the other side is =)
eating people...
walking really slow
making weird noises like I just orgasmd!!

right now Im practicing my zombie walk
ya know?..for when it happends

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Batman

I'd just fashion some improvised explosives to distract the zombie while I contained him.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By Black_Rose

I only have the keys to my mom's car next to me so i'll probably jump out the window a get the hell out of here