Humble Farmer Makes Cool Giant Bomb Logo Art

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cerberus3dog

I saw this on twitter via Dave Snider. Haven't seen a thread created and thought duders might enjoy this. Below is a great video of a fan showing his process creating a rustic Giant Bomb sign.

I love his demeanor and his easy going narration. Seems like a super nice dude. This is probably going to be a very hefty mailbag item in the near future.

Giant Bomb fans come from every corner of the world and each one lives a unique life. Hearing this guy talk about what Giant Bomb means to him is definitely worth listening to. I'll bet a lot of us here have similar feelings. Enjoy!

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Xeiphyer

This whole video is so earnest and adorable.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. SCUMBAG ADMITTED TO SENDING IN FAKE EMAILS TO TRICK EVERYONE.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a really cool and well edited video. But I wish he used the forward looking version of the logo. Like the one that is on top of this page.

@xeiphyer said:

EDIT: NEVERMIND. SCUMBAG ADMITTED TO SENDING IN FAKE EMAILS TO TRICK EVERYONE.

He was the entire Australian Beef all along.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sending Fake Emails ! This has to be one of those weird pizza Emails right ?!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

This was outright hypnotic to watch. I figured that I'd bear with it for 2 minutes, get the jist and move on, but I ended up transfixed and saw it to the very end. Guy has such a soothing quality to his voice that really puts one at ease.

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By katpottz

I'm gonna be honest, when I first saw the title of this thread I was hoping for a "crop circles" GB logo. Still really cool though.

(EDIT: The high level of quality and amount of time and effort this guy put into both the end product and the video is astounding. His stopmotion wasn't bad either.)

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Man that was great to watch, when he mentioned Ryan it's hard not to get a little emotional. One thing I haven't seen anyone mention it but his editing is also really well done, there's so many cuts and edits it must've taken him equally as long as him making those signs! All around excellent work!

@whatshisface: Well, I guess it's time for another listen.....

Loading Video...
pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is AMAZING!

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

This video is really cool!

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Yeah, just saw it this morning. That dude did more work on that logo than I did on... well... anything.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Humanity

The cadence of his voice is kind of insane.

For some reason when he was talking about Ryan passing away that got me feeling emotional.

EDIT: Also this guy reminds me of Drew like a whole bunch.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That guy seems really great and this video was very well made. Makes me want to be a farmer with welding skills. Surely this guy has a username on the site? Maybe not though he seems pretty busy.

Edit: I'm going to guess this is @jdchambers01?

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Incredible commitment to his projects. Those signs look fantastic.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think that was the most sincere YouTube video I've ever seen. Great narration, editing, voice - the whole works. Well done!

Now I'm looking forward to the mailbag!

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fucking awesome!

And yea the Ryan part hit me too it also reminded how awful and sad I felt about someone I never new in person.

Can't wait for this to arrive! I bet Dan gets taco bell sauce on it the first week it's there..... Damn it DAN!!!!! :p

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool work I wish i could find time and passion to do art again, it's inspiring to see people who do stuff like this.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! Incredible work, and that dude seems awesome! His honest humility and good-natured self-deprecation really shines through. It's an honor to be a part of the same community.

GearSol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope I'm not the only one that noticed he spelled out "fart honk aw" with the one guy's name at one point.

Anyways, that was real awesome.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BoOzak

Impressive, nicely cut video too. Really wish I could build stuff like that. Seems very rewarding.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was really neat seeing this crossover in my video feeds. His youtube channel has some awesome projects where he just does cool handy man farm stuff, fabricating tractor parts barn doors and whatnot. I find it very relaxing and fun to learn about parts of life I don't experience. If anybody used to watch New Yankee Workshop or This Old House as a kid (I was weird. Yea...was...), imagine it with Drew as the host. Quality entertainment. I found him over at a reddit page called artisanvideos. If you like people who craft cool shit and take pride in their work, it has a ton of cool videos about everything from tempura to lathing hydraulic parts.

petervs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is so freaken awesome !

hope we get to see it in a mailbag edition soon :)

EMPRPNGN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ragnar_mike: I was really getting the New Yankee Workshop vibe as well... I dig stuff like that, it's inspiring to watch master craftsman make cool stuff.

mjhwwbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guys videos are really cool, I've been going back through and watching old ones and they are just super chilled out, relaxing videos to watch. The guy is awesome and all of the stuff he makes is truly impressive.