Hurricane Sandy

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By yevinorion

I hope you guys in the East coast are keeping a close eye on this one. It's not super powerful (a Category 2 right now), but the way it's tracking it could really get up in that North Eastern area.

I'm in The Bahamas now and we're already feeling the effects and bracing for impact within the next 10-12 hours. Since I work at the Atlantis Resort, I get the enjoyable task of having to stay at work during the storm away from my fiancée and family. That really fucking sucks.

Anyways, I hope anyone who lives in Jamaica or Cuba is ok and anyone in The Bahamas is making their preparations. Again, you guys on the East Coast should pay special attention. Everyone be safe!

No Caption Provided
tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By tread311

Apparently it might get here, here being South Jersey, about the same time as an odd early winter storm. Could be interesting.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jewunit

Right back at you on staying safe. I have heard that Sunday is the time when the storm will make its way to Philadelphia, but I don't know what shape it will be in by then.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By psylah

AW SHIT

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sanity

Yea, there saying we could get major snowfall here in PA next week from this... not looking forward to 9 inches of snow in October.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Yes, I hope all duders and non-duders alike will be safe.

In any case, storms don't really bother/frighten me as much as Maryland's seemingly constant lack of preparation for any sort of weather does. We get like 2 hours of a shitty thunderstorm and suddenly entire counties are out of power for weeks at a time. I can't imagine what a hurricane will do. Well, actually, now that I think about it, I do remember one (I think it got downgraded to a tropical storm though) hitting pretty hard back in '03-04 and it was shitty then so I imagine it will be shitty now.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daryl

Exciting times!

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Giefcookie

I know its serious business but I cant help but smile at "Tropical Depression" as lowest classification for a storm. Sounds like a Bob Marley album.

Meepasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Meepasaurus

Ugh, this does not look good. My block always loses power whenever a squirrel sneezes on the power lines. Everyone stay safe!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ravenlight

Fuck y'all East-coasters! This is the one time of the year that makes me glad I moved from the East coast into the middle of the desert.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By inkerman

I think the most pressing issue is that we named this fucking thing 'Sandy'. Not exactly awe inspiring. Nobody gets wrecked up by an ex called Sandy, but you dump a girl named Katrina and you are toast.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MikkaQ

@Giefcookie said:

I know its serious business but I cant help but smile at "Tropical Depression" as lowest classification for a storm. Sounds like a Bob Marley album.

That or like the last ever Jimmy Buffett album.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LikeaSsur

Didn't Hurricane Ivan actually tear through the mainland? Come on, you guys can take this.

Now, if it beelines west after Tuesday, we're in trouble.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Ace829
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FourWude
Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sanity

@Giefcookie said:

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Justin258

I'm in North Carolina. I'll probably see some wind, maybe some rain, off of it, but all of the predictions I saw made it look like this area won't get much.

Best of luck to anyone in its path!

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#18  Edited By yevinorion

It passed through Nassau (The Bahamas) mostly last night, although they're saying we'll still have Tropical Storm winds until about 2-3pm today. It seems to be losing strength, which is a good thing. Not too much damage that I've seen, just mostly some trees/branches down and debris all over the roads. The hotel didn't think it was serious enough for us to spend the night, so I got to go home and had to come back in this morning. Still had no power when I left my house at 8:30am, not sure of the situation now, but my parents say they have power. The outer islands got a lot more rain than we did and presumably more damage, but I haven't heard too many reports. I'm sure the local news this evening will give me more info.

It's actually kind of bizarre, as they're projecting it'll go more East and then turn back West to hit the East Coast. Hope you guys are using this time to make preparations and all the best in the storm! Here's the latest forecast from Weather Underground:

No Caption Provided