HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset, or just good gaming headsets in general question.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone. Hopefully, you're all having a great day. My brother gave me an Amazon gift card, so I'm trying to figure out what I should spend the money on, and since I am very much into anything that (within my price range) can allow for a more immersive experience when gaming and watching film, be it a sound system, a new TV or new game console, headphones came to mind. That said, I have never really delved into headphones, so I don't know what to look for when it comes to what's best, so I thought I'd come on here to ask. I've only done about 20 minutes of researching on Google for the 'best surround sound gaming headsets' which led me to a handful of sites, and the HyperX Cloud Revolver S headset pops up on the few sites I've seen.

Has anyone tried that one out and can give me some input? I don't really care about the communication part, with the microphone, just sound quality. I also prefer surround. I was looking for Dolby Atmos, but to be honest, that probably doesn't matter right now considering most games don't support it. The last thing to mention is that it needs to be accessible with the Xbox One, PS4, and (even though I play it very little) the Nintendo Switch; basically, anything I want to watch or play on screen. Okay, have a great day everyone!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, no help? Hmm.

blackadder88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

get ath 700x .

tissot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tissot

If sound quality is the main thing then example brands like Sennheiser, Beyerdynamics, Audio-Technica and Sony would be a good bet. Gaming advertised headphones unfortunately tend to be set of features that don't do much to help the cheap drivers inside and often packaged into far from robust materials.

That said in the gaming spectrum my brother has Sennheiser GAME ZERO and he has at least liked them. Above mentioned Audio-Technica 700x or the standard recommended m50x below 200 euro range are great headphones that should last you. Same goes for Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 32 Ohm. If surround is really important I've heard good things about Sony MDR-HW700, though they are wireless and the price is ~350 euros around here.

blackadder88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hifiman 400i is also really good headphone