TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By TheLegendofLuke

Nothing is perfect.

This is obviously down to the fact that everyone has differing opinions. If we were to look at the things that would possibly be part of the perfect film we would probably have a list that reads:

Good story

Good actors

Good visual style

Good soundtrack/backing music

If we then rated films based on how many of these they had, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen would be a 1/4. 

Fortunately, that’s not how I (or hopefully anyone) rates things.

The story is strange. It feels like it almost completely voids the first film entirely, yet it wouldn’t work without elements from the first film. It also goes against the story from the Transformers of old, something that some fans may not be too pleased about. Some of the characters are underdeveloped, some are over-used and some of the story itself doesn’t make sense. Despite the bad characterisation there are some moments that pull at the heart-strings and some that really make you worry for our heroes.

The acting is much the same as the first. LaBeouf and Fox are both terrible. LeBeouf especially so when his character is forced to interact with a CGI character in the story. There have been characters that have been added for comic relief that just haven’t worked. Sam’s room mate is an utterly pointles character. 2 of the autobots are badly scripted “comic” characters. Some of the characters are played incredibly well, but it’s not enough to say that the film has good acting.

The music seems to alternate between the Linkin Park and Green Day songs that were written for the film, both of which are underwhelming and don’t add anything to the film itself.

Despite all this, I loved it. It might just be because I am a big child. T obvious redeeming feature is the visuals. The CGI is incredible (for the most part) and the Transformers themselves look even better this time round, with dents and chips in their paint. it’s clear a lot of work has gone into this and the designers should be thoroughly commended. The whole thing looks beautiful.

It’s fairly brutal for it’s rating and there are curse words thrown around which I wouldn’t have expected but seemed fitting. The fight scenes looked good and were done spectacularly with a scene in a forest probably being the best thing I have ever seen in my cinematic experiences. I don’t want to spoil anything (so look away, mildish spoilerism), but it starts with Optimus fighting Megatron as Sam runs away. A few more Decepticons join and knock Optimus down. He just gets to his feet and says something along the lines of “I WILL TAKE YOU ALL DOWN” as 2 energy axes grow from his hands and unleashes the full power of the Prime. It’s quite awe inspiring.

This might not seem like enough to make it good but all in all it’s a very enjoyable film. It runs a bit long, but if you love no brainer action, giant robots or just beautiful looking movies I would suggest you transform and roll out to see this on the big screen. Its definitely worth the (quite frankly scarily high) price.

As someone said whilst leaving the cinema. I fucking love Transformers.

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

Nothing is perfect.

This is obviously down to the fact that everyone has differing opinions. If we were to look at the things that would possibly be part of the perfect film we would probably have a list that reads:

Good story

Good actors

Good visual style

Good soundtrack/backing music

If we then rated films based on how many of these they had, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen would be a 1/4. 

Fortunately, that’s not how I (or hopefully anyone) rates things.

The story is strange. It feels like it almost completely voids the first film entirely, yet it wouldn’t work without elements from the first film. It also goes against the story from the Transformers of old, something that some fans may not be too pleased about. Some of the characters are underdeveloped, some are over-used and some of the story itself doesn’t make sense. Despite the bad characterisation there are some moments that pull at the heart-strings and some that really make you worry for our heroes.

The acting is much the same as the first. LaBeouf and Fox are both terrible. LeBeouf especially so when his character is forced to interact with a CGI character in the story. There have been characters that have been added for comic relief that just haven’t worked. Sam’s room mate is an utterly pointles character. 2 of the autobots are badly scripted “comic” characters. Some of the characters are played incredibly well, but it’s not enough to say that the film has good acting.

The music seems to alternate between the Linkin Park and Green Day songs that were written for the film, both of which are underwhelming and don’t add anything to the film itself.

Despite all this, I loved it. It might just be because I am a big child. T obvious redeeming feature is the visuals. The CGI is incredible (for the most part) and the Transformers themselves look even better this time round, with dents and chips in their paint. it’s clear a lot of work has gone into this and the designers should be thoroughly commended. The whole thing looks beautiful.

It’s fairly brutal for it’s rating and there are curse words thrown around which I wouldn’t have expected but seemed fitting. The fight scenes looked good and were done spectacularly with a scene in a forest probably being the best thing I have ever seen in my cinematic experiences. I don’t want to spoil anything (so look away, mildish spoilerism), but it starts with Optimus fighting Megatron as Sam runs away. A few more Decepticons join and knock Optimus down. He just gets to his feet and says something along the lines of “I WILL TAKE YOU ALL DOWN” as 2 energy axes grow from his hands and unleashes the full power of the Prime. It’s quite awe inspiring.

This might not seem like enough to make it good but all in all it’s a very enjoyable film. It runs a bit long, but if you love no brainer action, giant robots or just beautiful looking movies I would suggest you transform and roll out to see this on the big screen. Its definitely worth the (quite frankly scarily high) price.

As someone said whilst leaving the cinema. I fucking love Transformers.