I have lost faith in the United States legal system.

• 61 results
Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Famov
@Arkthemaniac said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @Arkthemaniac said:
" @alexl86 said:
" Wow... Manslaughter is second degree murder, right? I thought Florida had pretty strict laws when it came to murder.  I think the American legal system is pretty... corrupt, I guess is the word. "
The American __________ System is corrupt, man. "
You should try going to a country with real tyranny, and get a little perspective. "
Okay. So just because America isn't as bad as some or most countries when it comes to oppression means that it shouldn't be questioned when it ends up doing an unsatisfactory job? Give me a fucking break. There are places both better and worse than the US. "

I'm not sure you can rightly claim that there are places better than the US. This is not to imply that the United States is automatically better than everywhere else, but I cannot think of any western justice system that is any better than 'comparable' when compared to that of the US. 

This is certainly the case when you look at our population. It is much more difficult to create a system for three hundred million people than it is for that of most European nations, where the ethnic, racial ,and religious makeup is more or less one dimensional. 

And then when you do have an influx of racial minorities entering your country, you have places like France and Britain talking about banning Burquas (sp?) (those head wrap things that Muslim women wear). Because the US has such a high Muslim population, that kind of restrictive legislation would never fly. It is also worth noting that, especially in France, many Muslims live in ghettos and their civil liberties have been curtailed as it regards their religion immensely. The US has not done so, even if there is racial profiling going on at airports. 
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#52  Edited By sjschmidt93
Keep in mind (FUCK! WHY WON'T BOLD TURN OFF!???, yeah ok, now it just magically turns it self off, fuck ) that Vick killed many dogs, and that dude only killed one person. 

I wouldn't want to get in too deep and say this many dog lives are worth more than one human life, because who knows what the lifestyle of the guy Stallworth killed was... maybe he raped kids, you know, then Stallworth shouldn't have got anything in jail, he did the world a favor.

Bottom line: I'd be fine with Vick's penalty if he was banned from the NFL forever, but he's not so yeah.. Stallworth's is a fucking joke, 30 days? What? 5-10 years, imo. And Burress... 2 years for shooting yourself.... bullshit. 30 days maaaybe.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By RsistncE
@Fallen189: Lol America indeed.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By iam3green

yes, the legal system is screwed up. if ur rich and did a crime then u can pretty much get away with anything or get a very reduced sentence. it's the celebrities that get it good, paris hilton got like a one year sentence but was only there for 4 days. if u have money then u are set.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By damnboyadvance

Yep, you've got the right idea. Our legal system is pretty messed up when it comes to how famous you are and stuff. I mean, the country isn't filled with nobody but murderers, so it might not be too serious, but yeah. It's pretty messed up.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By Black_Rose

You had faith in America's legal system?

sefridon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By sefridon

The legal system is screwed up but look at the details of all those cases and you can see why they got what they got.  Stallworth was driving just slightly over the legal limit for a dui, wasn't excessively speeding (if he was at all), stopped called the police and showed remorse for his accident, thats why his sentance was a light as it was.  Vick lied about his knowledge and involment to the feds in his case hampering their investagtion leading to what seemed like a slightly heavier sentence then what he should have gotten.  While plexico could have taken a deal earlier which i believe was 3 months (not positive heard it on the radio) but instead said he was going to fight it in court and while 2 yrs may seem like alot if he went to court and lost the case it was a min of 3 and a half yrs.  Also he brought a loaded weapon with no safety on into a club in a major city with no permit about the worst place you could have gotten caught.    Its not just the crime that leads to what your sentence too.  Personally i think stallworths was about right, vick should have gotten a little more jail time and plexico's getting screwed for shooting himself in the foot but i can understand how each person got what they did.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ahriman22

So?  It's not like people don't die everyday. Sure things might not make sense but get over it for christs sake, you probably have better shit to complain about then that.

Who ever said things were supposed to be fair?

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By super_machine

Well in the end its all up to the judge on how to set the punishment. A lot of crimes have flexible punishments that are up to the discretion of the court. Sometimes you just get a judge who wants to make an example out of a defendant and throws the book at them.

Shermanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Shermanator

I completely agree.  I don't care if Micheal Vick killed a million dogs, they do not equal the one HUMAN life the Daunte Stallworth took.  Also, on Plaxico Burress, give him 5 months in jail for being stupid, not 2 years for being stupid

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By RetroIce4

That is America for you. The Vick case is just sad. Seriosuly. More Time?