I locked my girlfriend in the cellar until she watched Doctor Who. She’s out now & I think we’ll live happily ever after

• 62 results
Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By Shaunage

I find doctor who annoying. Its too goofy to be taken seriously, and its too self-serious to be a goofy fun ride. Also doctor who fans are some of the most insufferable pricks, if you say you don't like it, even for valid reasons they act like i killed their dog or something and make it their mission to "prove" my opinion is wrong.

Fuck doctor who. And more importantly, fuck doctor who fans.

This man knows some things.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By zeforgotten

I find doctor who annoying. Its too goofy to be taken seriously, and its too self-serious to be a goofy fun ride. Also doctor who fans are some of the most insufferable pricks, if you say you don't like it, even for valid reasons they act like i killed their dog or something and make it their mission to "prove" my opinion is wrong.

As a Doctor Who fan who never insulted you for disliking it yet still I get insulted I would just like to flip you this bird and kindly ask you to sit on in and spin.
Who knows, you might even enjoy the spinning :P

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@clonedzero said:

As a Doctor Who fan who never insulted you for disliking it yet still I get insulted I would just like to flip you this bird and kindly ask you to sit on in and spin.

Do you clip your fingernails?

Avatar image for themaniacsgnome
TheManiacsGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By TheManiacsGnome

I watched the Christopher Eccleston stuff, I lost interest though and didn't continue.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Doctor Who cares is more like it.

MMMman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MMMman

@omdata:

I work for a company called Deluxe; they did film processing in the early days of Hollywood and have since branched out into all aspects of modern post production/distribution. We've been handling the Doctor Who releases on DVD from the beginning and I get a real kick out of seeing all the extra footage the BBC put together for the releases. Back in the Sixties they were wiping tapes as if the serials weren't important and now they are slowly piecing together the lost episodes like the actually matter. Obviously the damage can't be reversed, some will be lost forever, but the time and money they appear to be investing is mighty reassuring.

It might be hokey and dated but it ran for far longer than Star Trek, in any guise, and still isn't fully appreciated on a similar level. I just hope the BBC will one day make everything in their archive available, even for a subscription, and let the world enjoy all of the original run. The masters are there, it's really just whether the executives see it as a worthy cause. I, of course, think is is. One-hundred-percent.

MMMman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten said:
@clonedzero said:

Do you clip your fingernails?

Not for you, no

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Your title made me think of that recent story of the man who locked three young women in his cellar and kept them there for over a decade until someone finally freed them a few weeks ago.

Though, despite the chilling title, I would agree that Doctor Who is good fun.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'm nearing the end of David Tennant's first season now, and I guess I'm digging it.

Have to admit, I really liked Christopher Eccleston, and still find Tennant a little too manic. The stories also seem to be even more loosey-goosey than the first season of the "new Who." Apparently there's really good stuff later on?

It's weird - even though the series is incredibly inconsistent, and their approach to the fiction ranges from "well, whatever" to "this makes absolutely no sense, but go with it," it's still a pretty entertaining show.

omdata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mmmman: Wow! So there's hope for all those lost Hartnell and Troughton ep's? Hartnell's great, but I've always thought it was absolutely criminal how much of Troughton's work was lost. I was watching the commentary of Davison and Dicks for the 5 Doctors last night, and I have to agree with Dicks' assertion that Troughton originated the role in many ways. I'd kill to be able to see the Yeti storyline (that's one of the "lost" series, right?). And of course, more Wendy Padbury couldn't hurt....

Also, I'm glad to see someone near the source is at least putting into the ether the idea of a sub-based model for Doctor Who content. Half a century's worth of tv episodes - not to mention the radio plays that could also be made available - behind a subscription model? Sign me up day 1.

omdata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoozilla: I understand how you feel. Tennant just keeps getting better in the role, I'd say, though from that point on various other parts of the show begin to waver in quality. Without giving too much away, his next assistant's character is shamefully wasted by the writers but there are some real winners in her season. I found that his next assistant after that started out grating, and ended up a fantastic character.

You might just want to apply a 5 - 15 minute rule with some of the episodes if the "Oh, COME ON" factor gets too high, just zip to the next one as there is some really great television throughout Tennant's run.