I need help associating a song with a movie...

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was listening to the Disney Pandora station with my kids earlier when the song Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a wonderful world by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole came on. My wife and I remember it from 50 First Dates with Adam Sandler, but WHAT Disney movie had this song??? It's driving me NUTS!!!

Thanks duders!!!

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone?

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By stonyman65

Somewhere Over the Rainbow was from The Wizard of Oz. Not sure about the other one.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Corevi

Google is a thing, the list of movies it's been in are: Finding Forrester, 50 First Dates, Fred Claus, Happy, Happy and IMAX: Hubble 3D.

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MakoTitan

@corruptedevil: And none of them are Disney movies. Trust me, I TRIED!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@vegetashonor said:

@corruptedevil: And none of them are Disney movies. Trust me, I TRIED!

Are you sure none of them are made by Disney-owned studios, in some roundabout way? I'm too lazy to look up what studios made those movies, I'm at school.

blackcat0158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I might be misremembering this based on the Hawaiian connection, but was it Lilo and Stitch?

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackcat0158: Unfortunately, it wasn't. Me and my kids re watched it today in fact. It's still driving me nuts.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

From what I can gather it has been on various TV shows, so it could have been in some episode of some Disney show I guess and not in an actual Disney movie. If it was in a Disney movie, I sure can't find which one it was.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

From what I can tell, it's never been in a Disney movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's a stretch, but Scrubs has a Disney credit.

Loading Video...

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Somewhere over the rainbow was in Wizard of Oz. What a wonderful world is a Louis Armstrong song used in tons of movies over the years. Both have been used in many many films on there own for various reasons in various ways.

Disney wise they used what a wonderful world in Toy Story but I don't think they used it in the actual film- rather it was used for supplemental features from what I recall (maybe an out take gag? I don't remember. I remember it being there somewhere). It was more recently used in Madagascar. The Over the Rainbow/What a wonderful world by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version was not in any Disney films- however I have to add that I am only knowledgeable of DIsney films up until they went all CGI (I fell off sometime after Wall-E which isn't technically Disney but Pixar does get roped into that thought process because of how much they took over where Disney dropped off for a very long time). If it was used in a purely Disney film it was not one I have ever seen and had to have been fairly recently (within the last 5 years).

Come to think of it I should also add I haven't seen any Disney franchise cash in films like all their Tinker Bell films, sequels to classics (like sequels to Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Cinderella, etc.) and what not so if it was one of those I wouldn't know of it either. I doubt it would be in one of those, but you never know (I just mention that stuff so at least I could help narrow down where you look I guess).

It's entirely possible, too, you are getting your studio mixed up if that exact version is the one you are thinking of. Just something to keep in mind. I know when I forget stuff where I think it may have come from can become muddled. Not to say you did, but it's possible.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By mosespippy

According to Wikipedia it has been used on Scrubs and LOST, which are both Disney properties. Also, sometimes songs get licensed for a movie and then don't make it into the movie, but the company still has the license.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

DBP19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt anyone will respond to this because this was four and a half years ago, but I was wondering the same thing because I just listened to Over the Rainbow and it sounded extremely familiar specifically something Disney related. I had a hunch it was Pixar for some reason and stumbled upon the short Lava by Pixar. It was shown before the movie Inside Out. This isn't listed on Wikipedia because the actual song wasn't used but a new song was created that was inspired by Over the Rainbow, or that's what it seems like. But they should create a section for that Wikipedia page that lists this as a source of inspiration or something. I just created this post just in case someone else is trying to find the song and they stumble upon this thread as I did.

Damenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really, this song is really cool