• 117 results
Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By Jecrell

As a disillusioned republican, one who knows that the last several presidents who ran on the "fiscal conservative" label ended up expanding the government and sending us further into debt, I'm willing to give the democrats a chance rather than continue to pretend that a third tier candidate like McCain has any idea what to do about the world at large. That is not to say that Obama is the best candidate for president, but I believe he has more control over his mental facilities and bowels than McCain. I also believe we need to dump the military spending back into the United States coffers, and bring our world police force back home.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By xruntime

I believe that 90% agreement with Bush was verified by the non partisan factcheck.org. So it's the truth. 

Also, I find it interesting they say:

Obama's acceptance speech - "He mostly stuck to the truth, except when he stretched it."

McCain's acceptance speech - "He made some flubs in accepting the nomination."

Why would you say the media is biased? There are just as many Republican outlets (New York Post, Wall Street Journal) as there are liberal (New York Times, Washington Post).

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By BoG
Blazin_Moe said:
"Here my OPINION of John McCain. The guys old and all he and the republicans did was bad mouth OBAMA and had no policys of their own and Palin WTF they go on about change when her husband works for BP!!!! yeah she's really gonna get coruption out of the white house......NOT! . I think its funny that americans dont want to pull out of Iraq because they think it would turn the country to mud....ummm but in 2003 the same people were blood thirsty for iraqi men, woman and children. And why did you bomb Iraq because they wouldnt let inspectors into their military barracks...what if saddam came to America and said "i need to look at area 51 i think your hiding something". did you see the bombs that hit baghdad they were noway co-ordinated in any way. YOU went into Iraq you stay AMERICA, you cant just commit genocide, get the oil and leave. If your country doesnt vote for OBAMA you cowboys dont deserve a good President...period."
Please, do not give your input anymore. Half of what you said made no sense. Actually, most of it made no sense. Also, everyone saying "I hate Politcs" or "Politics FTL,' don't waste your time, you are just cluttering up good discussion.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By xruntime

BoG, why don't you tell us what's wrong with it? Sure, some of it is exaggerated/misinterpreted, but he rasies a few good points as well. 

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#105  Edited By grilledcheez
TheJollyRajah said:
"Oh, so we can juggle two wars at once??? I don't think so.

If we pull our troops out of Iraq too quickly, it may bring more harm than good. And THEN we'll have another war to worry about. It's ridiculous."
The way I see it...there's going to be conflict in Iraq regardless of when or how we pull out because the different denominations of Islam there hate each other and they all want to have power.  So why not get out now and save ourselves a lump sum of money that we don't even have?
Blazin_Moe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By Blazin_Moe

Sorry BoG for bringing the world view of america into this blog.......NOT!!!!!!!

I speak nothing but truth and you know it, it just pisses you off that you have been lied to by your govt. for the past 7 years.
I got nothing against americans (apart from the ones in the cowboy hats) just your govt. but hey the people put Bush in there in the 1st place or did they put Al Gore in there but Bush is in there ahhhhhhhhhhh......i dont know what im against now.

Heres to a fair election.........yeah right.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107  Edited By atejas
xruntime said:
"BoG, why don't you tell us what's wrong with it? Sure, some of it is exaggerated/misinterpreted, but he rasies a few good points as well. "
Could you even tell what he was trying to say? I know I couldnt.
Except forthe whole 'leaving Iraq' thing, which is so incoherently written that I had to read it three times, the rest of his points can be summed up in the tactful phrase 'lol amerikkka'
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By Jayge_
atejas said:
"xruntime said:
"BoG, why don't you tell us what's wrong with it? Sure, some of it is exaggerated/misinterpreted, but he rasies a few good points as well. "
Except forthe whole 'leaving Iraq' thing, which is so incoherently written that I had to read it three times, the rest of his points can be summed up in the tactful phrase 'lol amerikkka'
"
He called us all hypocrites and said we don't deserve our space on the earth, from what I could decipher.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By BoG
Blazin_Moe said:
"Here my OPINION of John McCain. The guys old and all he and the republicans did was bad mouth OBAMA and had no policys of their own arguably, neither did Obama. Both of them gave vague overviews of their plans. They really don't want to give their plans away so early in the campaign. and Palin WTF they go on about change when her husband works for BP The republicans can't bad mouth OBAMA, but you can bad mouth Palin's family?!!!! yeah she's really gonna get coruption out of the white house......NOT! What makes you think this? What makes you think Obama will?. I think its funny that americans dont want to pull out of Iraq because they think it would turn the country to mud Turn the country to mud? The nation is split on the issue. Most people don't actually care about pulling out for the sake of Iraq, but because of the billions we are spending on the war.....ummm but in 2003 the same people were blood thirsty for iraqi men, woman and children. Really? And why did you bomb Iraq because they wouldnt let inspectors into their military barrack ...what if saddam came to America and said "i need to look at area 51 i think your hiding something". Just read that last sentence again, everyone. I don't need to say anything. did you see the bombs that hit baghdad they were noway co-ordinated in any way. What? YOU went into Iraq you stay AMERICA, you cant just commit genocide It's genocide now? You're comparing the Iraq war to the holocaust? To Darfur?  get the oil and leave. If your country doesnt vote for OBAMA you cowboys dont deserve a good President...period."
My statements are in bold.
Also, I take offense to the cowboy hat remark. My mother grew up in Wyoming, as did her father. My grandfather is an avid rodeo attendee, and owns a cowboy hat.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By xruntime
Jecrell said:
"As a disillusioned republican, one who knows that the last several presidents who ran on the "fiscal conservative" label ended up expanding the government and sending us further into debt, I'm willing to give the democrats a chance rather than continue to pretend that a third tier candidate like McCain has any idea what to do about the world at large. That is not to say that Obama is the best candidate for president, but I believe he has more control over his mental facilities and bowels than McCain. I also believe we need to dump the military spending back into the United States coffers, and bring our world police force back home."
I agree with this....the conservatives aren't so conservative anymore on many issues. 
Blazin_Moe said:
"Here my OPINION of John McCain. The guys old and all he and the republicans did was bad mouth OBAMA and had no policys of their own and Palin WTF they go on about change when her husband works for BP!!!! yeah she's really gonna get coruption out of the white house......NOT! . I think its funny that americans dont want to pull out of Iraq because they think it would turn the country to mud....ummm but in 2003 the same people were blood thirsty for iraqi men, woman and children. And why did you bomb Iraq because they wouldnt let inspectors into their military barracks...what if saddam came to America and said "i need to look at area 51 i think your hiding something". did you see the bombs that hit baghdad they were noway co-ordinated in any way. YOU went into Iraq you stay AMERICA, you cant just commit genocide, get the oil and leave. If your country doesnt vote for OBAMA you cowboys dont deserve a good President...period."
what i think are valid points in bold...rest of it is questionable, though..
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111  Edited By atejas
Jayge said:
"atejas said:
"xruntime said:
"
He called us all hypocrites and said we don't deserve our space on the earth, from what I could decipher."
I meant something constructive.
Apparently it's not there.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BoG
xruntime said:
Blazin_Moe said:
what i think are valid points in bold...rest of it is questionable, though..
"
Did you not read what I said?
Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#113  Edited By Shadow2K6
Silverain said:
"Metasin said:
"we've let the republicans fuck things up 8 years running, I say we give the democrats a chance to fuck things up for awhile"
Yes, because as we all know, Republicans run the majority of the government. . . .

Wait! The Senate AND Congress are both Liberal majority AND have a lower approval rating than even Bush, who doesn't have a grain of power compared to those two institutions! *gasp!*"

You do know Senate is part of Congress =/.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By BoG
Shadow2K6 said:
"Silverain said:
"Metasin said:
"we've let the republicans fuck things up 8 years running, I say we give the democrats a chance to fuck things up for awhile"
Yes, because as we all know, Republicans run the majority of the government. . . .

Wait! The Senate AND Congress are both Liberal majority AND have a lower approval rating than even Bush, who doesn't have a grain of power compared to those two institutions! *gasp!*"

You do know Senate is part of Congress =/.

"
I'm going to be nice and say he meant House. Of course, Congress ALWAYS has a low rating, and this is the first time in a while that they have been run by the democrats.  Also worth noting, despite the low rating as congress as a whole, individual representatives ave higher approval rating. For example, our representative is a man named Jim Matheson, a democrat,  and he has over an 80% approval rate. That may mean nothing from a liberal state, but I live in Utah. 80% approval ratings for democrats are as scarce as high alcohol content beverages.
Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Colonel_Cool
nail1080 said:
"Palin McCain = Creation bull being taught in school

When science is attacked it angers me, vote Obama please"
I would not worry that Palin wants ID taught in schools, because the the thing is, it will never actually happen. There would be so much opposition to it if a law tried to get passed letting public schools teach ID, and the courts would just smack it down just as easily as they have in the past.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Jayge_
Colonel_Cool said:
"Jayge said:
"Colonel_Cool said:
"Jayge said:
"Just like Vietnam and Korea, it was all a combination of testing out US Military Technology and/or resources. It had nothing to do with WMD's. That's been well established already.

No, ripping out of Iraq wouldn't be the best thing to do. Not that we'd ever bother setting up a working government anyway. It'll descend into civil war and corruption no matter what."
Are you serious? That has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. The US did not go to Vietnam, Korea, (or Iraq) to test our military technology. It was all hysteria from communism and the US's Containment policy to keep communism from spreading and to keep the Soviet Union's global influence to a minimum. This here is borderline conspiracy theory."
Not really. Every 10-15 years a good 3 or so year skirmish pops up. A long enough drought that the US seems to feel obligated to fill out by testing its new innovations in real combat. It's perfectly logical. Think about it- Hysteria from Communism. Hysteria from WMDs. Hysteria over whatever. It's just a simple cover."
Sorry, sounds more like conspiracy theory bs to me."
How so.
Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Giantkitty

[Silverain]
There was a series of checks of balances between the three branches implemented in when our country was founded. While you could argue one actually has more power than the other, to say "doesn't have a grain of power" (still has veto power) compared to the legislative branch is just a gross exaggeration, just like the abortion comment.

The President has no power compared to the Senate and Congress. The President can declare martial law. . . .and that's all he can do with his own authority.

See the Wikipedia article "Powers of the President of the United States"

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Jayge_

Those are the powers that the government officially gives the President.