Posted by Dragonps (51 posts) -

When people ask me "what is your ideal job" a few pop into my head. Games designer, astronaut, games designer but the one that stands out for me the most is community manager. I would love that job so much interacting with the gaming community, playing games before they get released, meeting all the hot gaming chicks and telling them of my stories as a level 59 berserk master on some RPG

It's the kind of job that you dream of but seldom ever get the chance to apply for, and when an opportunity does arise you would grab it with both hands feet and anything else that comes to mind.

Is anyone looking for a community manager at the moment?

I have my own hair

I don't take up too much space

I'm compact

I'm flexible (well I can get my left leg over my head)

Signed The Dragon with the ps

#1 Posted by Dragonps (51 posts) -

When people ask me "what is your ideal job" a few pop into my head. Games designer, astronaut, games designer but the one that stands out for me the most is community manager. I would love that job so much interacting with the gaming community, playing games before they get released, meeting all the hot gaming chicks and telling them of my stories as a level 59 berserk master on some RPG

It's the kind of job that you dream of but seldom ever get the chance to apply for, and when an opportunity does arise you would grab it with both hands feet and anything else that comes to mind.

Is anyone looking for a community manager at the moment?

I have my own hair

I don't take up too much space

I'm compact

I'm flexible (well I can get my left leg over my head)

Signed The Dragon with the ps

#2 Edited by foggel (2779 posts) -

I think it's a marketing position, so you might need a background too.

#3 Posted by Sweep (10172 posts) -

I think in a lot of places "Community manager" actually translates as "Glorified moderator". Moderating is OK but I think doing it as a career would get old real fucking fast.

#4 Posted by NegativeCero (3140 posts) -

Meeting "hot chicks" doesn't seem like the best reason to get into it. Personally I would hate the job because inevitably I'd have to deal with internet rage for whatever reason.

#5 Posted by Dragonps (51 posts) -

Thanks for the advise :) Your probably right but does that mean you hate your job lol dude nothing wrong with hot chicks ;)

#6 Posted by Sweep (10172 posts) -

@Dragonps: Like I said, moderating is fine. Only in small doses, though. Having to sit here all day every day would depress the shit out of me :D

#7 Posted by SexyToad (2939 posts) -

May I have a background check?

#8 Posted by LordAndrew (14601 posts) -

@Sweep said:

I think in a lot of places "Community manager" actually translates as "Glorified moderator". Moderating is OK but I think doing it as a career would get old real fucking fast.

Searching the Internet for GIFs to use when closing threads does sound pretty exhausting.

#9 Posted by Justin258 (14373 posts) -

If you wanna talk about dream jobs that we're never going to get, then I want to have something like the Bomb crew. No, I don't want to replace their jobs, but something like that? Sign me up! I'm sure there are some caveats that I'm not aware of and would never have thought about, but I doubt any of them would be bad enough to make me hate it.

#10 Posted by Dragonps (51 posts) -

Of course you may ;)

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
#11 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2043 posts) -

From what I know about 'community managers' you either need to be a former b-boy or be really good at mvc2.

But, what do I know?