I want to be a community manager

Dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Dragonps

When people ask me "what is your ideal job" a few pop into my head. Games designer, astronaut, games designer but the one that stands out for me the most is community manager. I would love that job so much interacting with the gaming community, playing games before they get released, meeting all the hot gaming chicks and telling them of my stories as a level 59 berserk master on some RPG

It's the kind of job that you dream of but seldom ever get the chance to apply for, and when an opportunity does arise you would grab it with both hands feet and anything else that comes to mind.

Is anyone looking for a community manager at the moment?

I have my own hair

I don't take up too much space

I'm compact

I'm flexible (well I can get my left leg over my head)

Signed The Dragon with the ps

Dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dragonps

When people ask me "what is your ideal job" a few pop into my head. Games designer, astronaut, games designer but the one that stands out for me the most is community manager. I would love that job so much interacting with the gaming community, playing games before they get released, meeting all the hot gaming chicks and telling them of my stories as a level 59 berserk master on some RPG

It's the kind of job that you dream of but seldom ever get the chance to apply for, and when an opportunity does arise you would grab it with both hands feet and anything else that comes to mind.

Is anyone looking for a community manager at the moment?

I have my own hair

I don't take up too much space

I'm compact

I'm flexible (well I can get my left leg over my head)

Signed The Dragon with the ps

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By foggel

I think it's a marketing position, so you might need a background too.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I think in a lot of places "Community manager" actually translates as "Glorified moderator". Moderating is OK but I think doing it as a career would get old real fucking fast.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NegativeCero

Meeting "hot chicks" doesn't seem like the best reason to get into it. Personally I would hate the job because inevitably I'd have to deal with internet rage for whatever reason.

Dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dragonps

Thanks for the advise :) Your probably right but does that mean you hate your job lol dude nothing wrong with hot chicks ;)

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Dragonps: Like I said, moderating is fine. Only in small doses, though. Having to sit here all day every day would depress the shit out of me :D

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SexyToad

May I have a background check?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew

@Sweep said:

I think in a lot of places "Community manager" actually translates as "Glorified moderator". Moderating is OK but I think doing it as a career would get old real fucking fast.

Searching the Internet for GIFs to use when closing threads does sound pretty exhausting.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

If you wanna talk about dream jobs that we're never going to get, then I want to have something like the Bomb crew. No, I don't want to replace their jobs, but something like that? Sign me up! I'm sure there are some caveats that I'm not aware of and would never have thought about, but I doubt any of them would be bad enough to make me hate it.

Dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dragonps

Of course you may ;)

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

From what I know about 'community managers' you either need to be a former b-boy or be really good at mvc2.

But, what do I know?