I wore a dress and I liked it. (fancy dress)

• 83 results
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Edited By oldschool

Well I went an did it.  I went to the work function dressed as The Joker, but as the nurse in Dark Knight.  Let me paint you a scary picture. 

The make-up.  

Having a house of 3 women, I had some good teaching on how to use make-up.  Son in my suitcase goes 2 types of lipstick, eyeliner pencil, mascara, 2 types of eye shadow, white face paint, 2 types of green hairspray, cold cream (for removing make-up), cotton buds (Q-tips), skin lotion and some make-up brushes.   

Apparently, I am to apply the lotion first as it makes removing the make-up easier.  I use the eye shadow below the mascara as it makes removing the mascara easier.  I am learning stuff I never wanted to learn. 

There I am in my room in Sydney and it is going to take a while to put it on.  My room partner has not arrived yet and I need to start.  So, there I am in my underwear, undershirt (more on that later) and a towel with a mirror and make-up all around me.  Now, my roommate has no idea I am doing this and I have no idea who it was going to be.  Clunk goes the door and in walks a senior manager.  I was expecting someone lower down the corporate ladder.  Quickly I explain what I am doing and why.  I think he believed that I don't normally wear make-up. 

What I learned about make-up.  

Why do women do this to themselves?  It is a pain in the arse.   I found that I can put make-up on very well on the right side of my face, but the left side is near impossible.  I just could not co-ordinate myself to get my hand in the right position.  Are all women ambidextrous or just good at this stuff?  Putting on lipstick is just pain weird.  Making those lips was really hard and frankly, I didn't want to enjoy what I was doing.  Hey, the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras is on in a couple of weeks, I am just early  :/ 

Well, I got my make-up on, so you can judge the result.  Don't be too harsh  :-) 

The nurses dress.  

I just hired a dress.  That part was simple.  However, it was pretty short.  So short that there was a risk of exposing my bits.  I think that would breach our Code of Conduct rules.  How do women wear short skirts and skimpy underwear?  I normally wear boxers, but for this, I wore briefs and my daughter's bike shorts.  Yup, that's right, I wore her shorts - I don't have any.   

As scary as it is to admit it, that dress felt pretty damn good.  It was a hot Sydney evening and I fared much better than my many sweaty colleagues.  I won't be making it a habit though.  As for an undershirt, I felt I needed one.  The dress was low cut and although I had the boobs (moobs) to fill it out, I really needed to cover up a little more.  I didn't have a suitable v-neck shirt for it, so again, into my daughter's wardrobe and out with one of her shirts.  Believe me, that shirt was TIGHT.  My daughter doesn't want it back - fair enough.  I think it would give her nightmares. 

The party.  

Now for the horror that is me as a Joker dressed as a nurse. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

In all honesty, it worked.  I had a ball and was complimented all night about how good it came out.  The first reactions when I walked into a crowd of fellow workers was priceless.  Those who knew me were in hysterics.  Going from my 10th floor room in the lift to the foyer of a very upmarket hotel was an unforgettable experience.  What did come up a lot was questions on who did my make-up.  They were just totally shocked that I did it myself.  Some of the girls thought I was just freakin' scary and perhaps they were right.  

For my effort though, I won $200 in vouchers, so it was really worth it.

Going out in public in drag.  

During the evening I made several phone calls to home.  As the noise was too much inside, I had to go out into the busy street in the middle of Sydney.  I really enjoyed the reactions of passing strangers and I played it up for amusement.  At the end of the evening, around midnight, buses came to pick us up.  I decided that it was a lovely evening and walking back to the hotel at Darling Harbour would be much nicer.  So I did.  I got myself a few propositions, which I declined - they had the wrong plumbing.  That was a pleasant and enjoyable 35 minute stroll.  

Getting the make-up off.  

Yet again, I was left wondering, "why the hell do women use make-up?"  I spent ages scrubbing my face, despite the efforts I went to making it easier.  Luckily the mascara came off quickly, as they tell me that is the hardest.  The lipstick - not so easy.   I went to the meeting next morning with a faint, but visible line across my cheeks and lips.  The hair colour took five washes to run clear and I had a bugger of a time getting green off the walls in the shower.

So, there you have it.  I had a blast.  I promised photos and there you are.  All the horror  you should have expected.  I
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By oldschool

Well I went an did it.  I went to the work function dressed as The Joker, but as the nurse in Dark Knight.  Let me paint you a scary picture. 

The make-up.  

Having a house of 3 women, I had some good teaching on how to use make-up.  Son in my suitcase goes 2 types of lipstick, eyeliner pencil, mascara, 2 types of eye shadow, white face paint, 2 types of green hairspray, cold cream (for removing make-up), cotton buds (Q-tips), skin lotion and some make-up brushes.   

Apparently, I am to apply the lotion first as it makes removing the make-up easier.  I use the eye shadow below the mascara as it makes removing the mascara easier.  I am learning stuff I never wanted to learn. 

There I am in my room in Sydney and it is going to take a while to put it on.  My room partner has not arrived yet and I need to start.  So, there I am in my underwear, undershirt (more on that later) and a towel with a mirror and make-up all around me.  Now, my roommate has no idea I am doing this and I have no idea who it was going to be.  Clunk goes the door and in walks a senior manager.  I was expecting someone lower down the corporate ladder.  Quickly I explain what I am doing and why.  I think he believed that I don't normally wear make-up. 

What I learned about make-up.  

Why do women do this to themselves?  It is a pain in the arse.   I found that I can put make-up on very well on the right side of my face, but the left side is near impossible.  I just could not co-ordinate myself to get my hand in the right position.  Are all women ambidextrous or just good at this stuff?  Putting on lipstick is just pain weird.  Making those lips was really hard and frankly, I didn't want to enjoy what I was doing.  Hey, the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras is on in a couple of weeks, I am just early  :/ 

Well, I got my make-up on, so you can judge the result.  Don't be too harsh  :-) 

The nurses dress.  

I just hired a dress.  That part was simple.  However, it was pretty short.  So short that there was a risk of exposing my bits.  I think that would breach our Code of Conduct rules.  How do women wear short skirts and skimpy underwear?  I normally wear boxers, but for this, I wore briefs and my daughter's bike shorts.  Yup, that's right, I wore her shorts - I don't have any.   

As scary as it is to admit it, that dress felt pretty damn good.  It was a hot Sydney evening and I fared much better than my many sweaty colleagues.  I won't be making it a habit though.  As for an undershirt, I felt I needed one.  The dress was low cut and although I had the boobs (moobs) to fill it out, I really needed to cover up a little more.  I didn't have a suitable v-neck shirt for it, so again, into my daughter's wardrobe and out with one of her shirts.  Believe me, that shirt was TIGHT.  My daughter doesn't want it back - fair enough.  I think it would give her nightmares. 

The party.  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

In all honesty, it worked.  I had a ball and was complimented all night about how good it came out.  The first reactions when I walked into a crowd of fellow workers was priceless.  Those who knew me were in hysterics.  Going from my 10th floor room in the lift to the foyer of a very upmarket hotel was an unforgettable experience.  What did come up a lot was questions on who did my make-up.  They were just totally shocked that I did it myself.  Some of the girls thought I was just freakin' scary and perhaps they were right.  

For my effort though, I won $200 in vouchers, so it was really worth it.

Going out in public in drag.  

During the evening I made several phone calls to home.  As the noise was too much inside, I had to go out into the busy street in the middle of Sydney.  I really enjoyed the reactions of passing strangers and I played it up for amusement.  At the end of the evening, around midnight, buses came to pick us up.  I decided that it was a lovely evening and walking back to the hotel at Darling Harbour would be much nicer.  So I did.  I got myself a few propositions, which I declined - they had the wrong plumbing.  That was a pleasant and enjoyable 35 minute stroll.  

Getting the make-up off.  

Yet again, I was left wondering, "why the hell do women use make-up?"  I spent ages scrubbing my face, despite the efforts I went to making it easier.  Luckily the mascara came off quickly, as they tell me that is the hardest.  The lipstick - not so easy.   I went to the meeting next morning with a faint, but visible line across my cheeks and lips.  The hair colour took five washes to run clear and I had a bugger of a time getting green off the walls in the shower.

So, there you have it.  I had a blast.  I promised photos and there you are.  All the horror  you should have expected.  I
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ryax

image = burned into brain but very well put together. very nice

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FartyMcNarly

Why aren't your balls hanging out?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

Haha, you look great. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when you were explaining yourself to that senior manager :)

"At the end of the evening, around midnight, buses came to pick us up.  I decided that it was a lovely evening and walking back to the hotel at Darling Harbour would be much nicer.  So I did.  I got myself a few propositions, which I declined - they had the wrong plumbing."    

lol  

It is indeed quite liberating ;)  Cold cream is perfect for getting make up off.

Glad you won, and glad you had fun mate.  Thanks for the blog, we both found it to be an amusing read.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Red12b

Heh, good stuff mate, you clean up nicely :)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oldschool
@FartyMcNarly said:
" Why aren't your balls hanging out? "
Hey, I may be old, but ball sag hasn't kicked in that much yet  :/  

@Ryax said:
" image = burned into brain but very well put together. very nice "
Sorry, but I won't be paying for the therapy.  

@Linkyshinks said:
" Haha, that smile in the second pic is scary.  I'll read what you wrote now :)  "
Extremely scary. 

@Red12b said:
" Heh, good stuff mate, you clean up nicely :) "
Sorry, I'm married.  Didn't you proposition me in Sydney xP 
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Red12b
@oldschool:  
Yeah, I was the guy in the anorak, Just heading to my normal haunt outside the primary school, er I mean the Bar, yep, that's what I meant. 
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By baconbits33

Dude..... High Five!

Avatar image for collegefootballguy
CollegeFootballGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And thats what i get for not reading and just scrolling down. I cant unsee that : )
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
@baconbits33 said:
" Dude..... High Five! "
High fives back. 

@CollegeFootballGuy said:
" And thats what i get for not reading and just scrolling down. I cant unsee that : ) "
Dude, I'll tell you what I told the other guy - I'm not paying for your therapy  :-) 
 Oh, and I am really, really. really sorry about it.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ryax
@CollegeFootballGuy: its true. thats exactly what he said to me. hurt me feelings *sadface
Avatar image for collegefootballguy
CollegeFootballGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldschool:
Well after i cleaned my eyes out I went back and got a good laugh out of that blog post. Sounds like a very fun and very disturbing night out   

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Meowayne

I learned something today.

I look better in a dress than you! :D

Well. Looked.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eric_buck

Pretty good, but the shoes don't match. 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oldschool
@Meowayne said:
" I learned something today.   I look better in a dress than you! :D    Well. Looked. "
Pics or it isn't real. 

Man, for your sake I hope you look better in a dress than me.  That is a very low standard of competition  :/
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oldschool
@Eric_Buck said:
" Pretty good, but the shoes don't match.  "
Dude, you giving fashion tips on dressing like a woman?  From experience  ^_^

That is kind of what the Joker had, so that is why I went with them.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shirogane

Urgh...mental scarring... 
And i thought i already had the maximum amount possible... 

Walking around like that in Sydney is normal isn't it? I mean, it's be more weird if you weren't dressed like that in Sydney.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By dbz1995

You should have worn white socks. And different shoes. Other than that, looks brill and disturbing.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee

I saw a man in a ladys nurse outfit caked in makeup and I didn't like it O.O
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By c1337us

Oh dude. Simultaniously disturbing and awesome. I think I might have to watch some cartoons or something before I go to bed though in an effort to avoid some nightmares I'd rather not have lol.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oldschool
@dbz1995 said:
" You should have worn white socks. And different shoes. Other than that, looks brill and disturbing. "
No Caption Provided
I went with them because that is what he wore in the movie.  These are as close as I can get to show you as they are replica toys.  I even bought new white shoes to match.   

@c1337us said:
" Oh dude. Simultaniously disturbing and awesome. I think I might have to watch some cartoons or something before I go to bed though in an effort to avoid some nightmares I'd rather not have lol. "
I truly understand your need for that. 

What is hilarious is, if I ever go psycho and do something really bad, this is the picture they will show of me on the news.  I just know it  :-) 
He was a seemingly normal family man, but this image shows the insanity that lie beneath. 
He was a seemingly normal family man, but this image shows the insanity that lie beneath. 
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By c1337us
@oldschool
What is hilarious is, if I ever go psycho and do something really bad, this is the picture they will show of me on the news.  I just know it  :-) 
"
Not that I condone violence or anything. But that is a news bulletin I would love to see.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ArchScabby

Slutting yourself up to the boss is always a good way to get that promotion.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Fallen189

Check out those legs!

TinaWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TinaWood

lol, I love it, you look like shaved your legs too!  Your feminine fashion sense kinda sucks though, only a man would wear those black socks, what you should have worn were opaque white tights, they would have looked great on your silky smooth legs :) 

Hope you and your wife had a happy Valentines <3

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Capum15

...creepy? Yes. 

Awesome? Totally.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oldschool
@Shirogane said:
" Urgh...mental scarring... And i thought i already had the maximum amount possible...  Walking around like that in Sydney is normal isn't it? I mean, it's be more weird if you weren't dressed like that in Sydney. "
I figured no-one in Sydney would bat an eyelid, but I was wrong.  I would so have fit into the Gay Mardi Gras in a couple of weeks.
crystalskull2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By crystalskull2

That was awesome, oldschool. But i never want to see another pic like that. You should have put a warning for us.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By oldschool
@ArchScabby said:
" Slutting yourself up to the boss is always a good way to get that promotion. "
I don't think I am his type.  I am pretty sure men from Chile are REAL men  :-) 
@Fallen189 said:
" Check out those legs! "
@TinaWood said:
" lol, I love it, you look like shaved your legs too!  Your feminine fashion sense kinda sucks though, only a man would wear those black socks, what you should have worn were opaque white tights, they would have looked great on your silky smooth legs :)  Hope you and your wife had a happy Valentines <3 "
Funny story.  Well, not really funny.  I have never shaved my legs - ever.  However, there is hardly any hair on my legs naturally.  What there is is blonde, so you can't see them.  maybe that helped in my long past marathon running days.  I did consider shaving my chest though - but didn't.  Maybe that could have been my Valentine's present for my loving partner who hates hairy bodies. 
@Capum15 said:
" ...creepy? Yes.   Awesome? Totally. "
Oh, so very creepy.  I am really happy making that choice.  It was actually my second choice.  I first chose to go in full drag as Frankenfurter from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.  First, Debbie told me, despite how small it is, no-one needed to see my package (she is loving that way).  Secondly, she said that she loved the character and was not going to have her image of it ruined by my trying to copy it.  She is the one who generally stops me from doing really stupid things.  I love her for that  :-)
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By oldschool
@crystalskull2 said:

" That was awesome, oldschool. But i never want to see another pic like that. You should have put a warning for us. "

In retrospect - yes.  It should have been titled: 

I wore a dress and I liked it. (Not suitable for anyone with eyes as it contains images that may shock and nauseate leading to nightmares and sleep disruption.  It is strongly advised that you disable images in your search engine settings.)

Probably a bit long and maybe not strong enough.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By Video_Game_King
@oldschool said:
How do women wear short skirts and skimpy underwear?

They don't have balls. Trust me, I know.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32  Edited By Hamst3r
@oldschool said:
"How do women wear short skirts and skimpy underwear?"
By feigning modesty. Remember, you're the pervert for looking!

No Caption Provided
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cspiffo

You're a brave man dude.  Excuse me now while I jab my eyes out... jk
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Osaladin

That's a very scary picture, and I don't mean that in a good way.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By penguindust

Well played, sir.  How long did it take to wash the dye from your hair?  

@Hamst3r:
I looked...I'm a perv.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By eroticfishcake

Σ(゜д゜;)

ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ryoma122

nice work and the joker was a nice choice considering you seem crazy

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus... the outfit is perfect.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By Bruce

That's hot.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By EpicSteve

The make up is pretty sweet.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By toowalrus

I hate it when Giantbomb users post pictures of themselves and destroy the mental image I've built up :-(

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#42  Edited By Claude

I often joke that I got into the theater just to wear makeup. You look... just lovely.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43  Edited By Geno

That lady in the second picture looks scarier than you tbh. 

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By turbomonkey138
@oldschool said:

The party.  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

is it so wrong for a duder to enjoy wearing a dress ?
rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By rallier

Slow clap

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ninjakiller

No Caption Provided
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47  Edited By Gunner

I didnt need to see that...

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CornontheCobbe

You look absolutely stunning.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By Black_Rose

What is the deal with the "I was wrong" avatar? >_> 

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jambones
@Ryax said:
" image = burned into brain but very well put together. very nice "
Ha ha! Not going to sleep well tonight either. But awesome job! 

Also, "Wilmaaaaaa!"

Glad you had a good night out. I just started following you on G.B., but I swear it has nothing to do with the dress! lol.