If you want to see a film that is bonkers fun, watch Barbarian

cubbielover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cubbielover

I went to see Barbarian this past Monday, and it has stuck with me incredibly well. It's a horror movie that is crazy in some amazing ways, and the original trailer gives absolutely NOTHING away. If you want a good horror film, I can't recommend it enough. Has anyone else seen it? Also, it has one of the funniest sequences I have seen in a film in quite some time. Hint: the measuring sequence.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm curious about it, but not sure if I'm going to watch it.

Is it jump scare heavy or more psychological or what kind of horror exactly? Couldn't place it from the trailer with the audience reactions.

cubbielover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myke_tuna: I wouldn't say it is jump scare heavy, but there are some really tense, drawn out moments. I have an active imagination, so my favorite horror movies are ones that tell a story so that when it's over, everything is wrapped up so well, the scares don't linger (movies that end with an obvious sequel hook keep the scares in my head). I will say this...the trailer is NOT what the movie is. The movie does a great job building up tension, and then soothing your anxiety for 15ish minutes, then revving back up again.

Jean1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not much of a horror fan but know that others will love that kind of movie.

dreadnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between this movie, Malignant, and Nope (and most likely many others), it's neat to see the weird side of horror get played with such a straight face and to such a wide audience.