• 120 results
putz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By putz

You have a bunch of confused people running around claiming that they are eating healthy.  They don't what that you need meat to survive and it's the easiest most healthy way of getting your protein and iron.  It helps prevent diabetes and certain types of cancer.  What is wrong with these people and is their a way I can help them, help themselves?

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

It's their business if they don't want to eat meat, let them be.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By StarFoxA
@Black_Rose said:
" It's their business if they don't want to eat meat, let them be. "
But screw those nuts at PETA.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4  Edited By Black_Rose
@StarFoxA said:
" But screw those nuts at PETA. "
Yeah well, it's one thing when they try to convince you to become a vegeterian which is bullshit. But here is the opposite, so i'm telling him the same thing I would tell someone trying to convince me: "stfu and mind your own business".
Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Muttinus_Rump
@StarFoxA said:
" @Black_Rose said:
" It's their business if they don't want to eat meat, let them be. "
But screw those nuts at PETA. "
Yep, this just about sums it up.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Gunner

You can form a group called MEATA.

Then shove your meat eating lifestyle on vegetarians.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slinky6

people are free to choose what and what not they want to put in their bodies.   I only have a problem when people tell me what I should eat.   so if you want to help them, don't be a douche and stay the fuck out of their life.

@Gunner said:

" You can form a group called MEATA.Then shove your meat eating lifestyle on vegetarians. "
I think ted nugent would be the president of that association.
Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

oh ya? maybe i'll only eat ice berge lettuce.

cdstacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cdstacker

We're fine, we live long healthy lives and have an average higher lifespan. We also have found other sources rich in both iron and protein, it's sweet that you care though.

putz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By putz
@cdstacker said:
"We're fine, we live long healthy lives and have an average higher lifespan. We also have found other sources rich in both iron and protein, it's sweet that you care though. "

Plants don't have enough protein though.  Meat is the only source of a complete protein.
slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By slinky6
@putz said:
" @cdstacker said:
"We're fine, we live long healthy lives and have an average higher lifespan. We also have found other sources rich in both iron and protein, it's sweet that you care though. "
Plants don't have enough protein though.  Meat is the only source of a complete protein. "
no
cdstacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cdstacker
@putz: Trust me, we do fine with dairy, nuts, beans and seeds.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Red12b
@putz said:
"

You have a bunch of confused people running around claiming that they are eating healthy.  They don't what that you need meat to survive and it's the easiest most healthy way of getting your protein and iron.  It helps prevent diabetes and certain types of cancer.  What is wrong with these people and is their a way I can help them, help themselves?

"

What?
deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deadmonkeys

Keep my delicious obesity, colon cancer, and heart attacks away from those vegetarians!

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By wealllikepie
@DeadMonkeys: ITS A LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! honestly though i dont see why vegetarians make such a big deal out of all of this theyre protesting against selling and eating meat, but honestly i dont think the whole food industry really gives a shit
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I agree. Eating meat is natural and healthy. Vegetarianism is unnatural and unhealthy. But it's their prerogative, just let them get on with life.

LeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By LeadNinja

Well, we'll live longer, so you can stop worrying, thanks.

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ChickenPants

We get by on healthier foods.Don't lose any sleep over us.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By eric_buck

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm one because I hate plants. Lol jk just always wanted to say that!

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Commando

Actually you can live without meat, but you can't live without plants.

I'm not a vegetarian, but plants are more vital to our lives than meat.
Celegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Celegus

Animals are way too cute to eat, and the way they're bred just to be slaughtered is a disgusting process. Just thinking about eating meat is enough to make me feel sick. There's plenty of other ways to get the vitamins you need, and most people take in way more protein than what's actually needed anyway. It's really not that hard.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FlipperDesert

Okay, so here's what you do. Head over to a PETA rally, run up to someone with a rib-eye steak, yell "The power of steak compels you!" and slap them in the face with it until they convert.

Works like a charm every time.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By angelkanarias

this post has flame-wars written all over it

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_A_Drain

It's Vegans that don't get everything they need without supplement. Not vegetarians. If you want to be a dick about things you clearly know very little about and make stupid threads that are vaguely described and horrendously misinformed, then hey, you'll fit right in, welcome to the internet, douchebag.

Disclaimer: I'm not a vegetarian so there goes the knee-jerk response, and no, I don't agree that if someone wants to live a certain way and aren't damaging other peopl, you should attempt to force them around to your way of doing things. I believe that you should STFU.

Were someone shoving their vegetarian lifestyle in your face on the other hand, i'd justly suggest punching them, or at least verbally chewing them out, but that's not the case here, you're just wasting everybodies time with this thread, it's not even vaguely informed.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By eric_buck

Hey someone please laugh at my joke! And the TC is acting kinda like a dick. "What is wrong with these people?" Not very nice....

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iam3green

actually vegetarians are very healthy people. my brother is vegan, he doesn't eat meat or dairy. there are a lot of alternatives to meat and dairy. he is very healthy person.

a lot of people that process meat are vegetarians because of seeing the animals die, the insides of the animal.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jayge_

I don't know who annoys me more, the "omg cute little animals" vegetarians or the "we will live longer you're all idiots" vegetarians. Probably the latter, given that the first choice is just people who like cute little animals, and the others are arrogant fucktards with no idea what they're talking about.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Babble
@putz said:
"

"
No Caption Provided

T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By T0mF5

All animals get their food from plants.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ververdan0226

I respect vegetarians. Its a noble cause, even if its not going to stop all the animals from being slaughtered, it is respectable. Plus, some people just don't like meat. Now vegans, I think that's a little extreme, but hey, its their choice and their life. They can do what they want to. Who am I to judge?

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By djstyles92
@Babble: u win
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#32  Edited By dsplayer1010

They can get all the nutrients they need without eating meat.

mexicanhatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mexicanhatboy

Seems like this thread would be more at home on Engadget.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ahriman22

I don't give a crap about average lifespan or whatever other bullshit they spew. I don't want to live to 100 and I prefer a nice steak over some bland salad... Hell, even my salads contain meat.

MEEEEAAAAT.

ezekielzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ezekielzero

well i say im vegetarian however if i was dropped in to the middle of a forest with nothing but animals and had the means lets just say we may need a revised food chain like this:

No Caption Provided

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mikemcn

I respect their fortitude in sticking to it, but they are idiots, eating meat is a natural part of life on Earth, its how things have been done since life began, now its great to make a statement but it just makes life harder on the person, How do they feel about lions eating meat? Are they gonna make them eat Tofu too?

Also they are represented by PETA the most screwball, moronic excuse for an organization ever, they mock the very vegetarians they claim to be, fools
So i have trouble respecting them for that, if PETA went away i might be more open to vegetarianism (Is that a word?)

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By lordofultima
@putz: I believe vegetarians get their iron and other supplement through the use of vitamin packs and random powdered stuff. Believe it or not, you can get your daily recommended amount of protein without eating any meat at all. Crazy I know.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@Mikemcn: There's a ton of vegans that are not affiliated with PETA at all. I can think of at least 5 vegans I know that don't support PETA in any way, shape, or form. And I live in the same city PETA is HQ'd at. To make matters worse, I may as well work for PETA - I don't, but I work for a company that PETA pays to do their mail. They send out a ton of junk mail every day. It drives me crazy.

Personally, I won't give up eating steak for nothing. I've often thought about creating my own non-profit group, dedicated to meat-eaters.  I'd call it PAP (People against PETA) and we can run a smear campaign.  Get it? PAP-Smear? ;-)  
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Azteck

This is a very weird topic, why worry, they have survived for years without meat. Can't really understand it though, meat is just too awesome.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RetroIce4

I don't care if they are vegetarian or not. Its their choice, but I always think on the back of my head they are going to die anyway and humans are meant to eat meat too.. but I certainly don't like the way they slaughtered and all that.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PercyChuggs

I don't tell other people how to live their lives, so be a vegetarian or a vegan or eat nothing but bacon for all I care. Just don't tell me I should do it too, or think you're better than me because or your dietary choices.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DanielJW

I really don't care what other people do or don't eat, but saying it's wrong to kill animals is kind of silly in my opinion. Do other animals not kill and eat other animals? Keeping in mind humans are just animals. It's natural of an omnivorous species to eat plants as well as animals is it not? By no means are humans herbivores, check out those pointy old fangs near the front of your mouth. 

By all means eat what you want, I respect vegetarians and vegans for sticking to it for their own preference of not killing animals, but I believe it's incorrect to use the argument that killing animals for food is wrong.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dbz1995
@FlipperDesert said:
" Okay, so here's what you do. Head over to a PETA rally, run up to someone with a rib-eye steak, yell "The power of steak compels you!" and slap them in the face with it until they convert.Works like a charm every time. "
THIS. Somebody make a t-shirt of this.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By artofwar420
@dsplayer1010 said:
" They can get all the nutrients they need without eating meat. "
This guy.

Yes PETA does crazy stupid shit, but their intentions are good, their implementation not always so. Who doesn't want to treat animals with respect, even if you're gonna eat them?
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Xeiphyer
@Gunner said:
" You can form a group called MEATA.Then shove your meat eating lifestyle on vegetarians. "
DUDE I LOVE PETA!!!!!!!!!  People Eating Tasty Animals!!! I am a member.

Time for a hamburger. With ham and bacon. That rocks. UahhH~~~
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@DanielJW said:
"I really don't care what other people do or don't eat, but saying it's wrong to kill animals is kind of silly in my opinion. Do other animals not kill and eat other animals? Keeping in mind humans are just animals. It's natural of an omnivorous species to eat plants as well as animals is it not? By no means are humans herbivores, check out those pointy old fangs near the front of your mouth. 

By all means eat what you want, I respect vegetarians and vegans for sticking to it for their own preference of not killing animals, but I believe it's incorrect to use the argument that killing animals for food is wrong.
"

Our teeth aren't actually meant for eating meat.  Our "fangs" are way too small and not very sharp.  If you look at animals that are truly omnivorous their fangs are still much larger and sharper than ours.  They have much smaller insisors for tearing meat off of bone.  Their jaws are also much stronger.  And the biggest reason that some animals kill animals is because they have to survive. 
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DanielJW
@FiestaUnicorn: True I suppose but I think our evolutionary path has probably shrunk down our fangs since the invention of utensils has really decimated our need for fangs, unless your a wing fanatic. We have to survive as a species as well, just because we have evolved past the point of needing to kill animals for food due to other available options, should we stop? We've gotten where we are through the consumption of meat to survive. Whether protein is available through other sources or not, what's wrong with continuing to eat the meat that's gotten us it all these years? 
Sick_J0ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sick_J0ke

Who said that vegetarians only eat plants? Diary products, grain products, all those things can be eaten by a vegetarian. 

Shit the average college student is practically a vegetarian with their diets of pizza, ramen noodles, and mac & cheese. So yea the list of things a vegetarian can eat is countless. As for their nutrients they receive more than  they need to live a healthy life, and no meat is not the most plentiful source of protein. Ever wonder what whey protein shakes are made from? Dried yogurt. So most the muscular people you see out there take dried yogurt as their protein supplement. Personally I love meat, it's my choice but in no way is it going to ruin my life if I stop eating it. 

I'm not trying to be condescending, but you should go out and do a little research, and if you meet a vegetarian get to know them so you can see what being one is really like before assuming they eat plants and salads all day. A close minded attitude benefits nothing but your ego. 
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By bennyboy
@DanielJW said:
" @FiestaUnicorn: True I suppose but I think our evolutionary path has probably shrunk down our fangs since the invention of utensils has really decimated our need for fangs, unless your a wing fanatic. We have to survive as a species as well, just because we have evolved past the point of needing to kill animals for food due to other available options, should we stop? We've gotten where we are through the consumption of meat to survive. Whether protein is available through other sources or not, what's wrong with continuing to eat the meat that's gotten us it all these years?  "
Sure we've gotten to where we are through meat consumption, but that does not mean we still need it to survive.  We've evolved to the point where we now have the resources to thrive without it.

There are plenty of good reasons to stop (or at the very least, cut down significantly.)  For one, excessive consumption of meat by wealthier countries mandates the destruction of rain forests to make room for grazing livestock.  Hence more than half of the earth's land is used for grazing such livestock, effectively wiping out much of the biodiversity needed to sustain life.   If that land was used to grow crops that could directly feed people, MUCH more food could go around and world hunger could be greatly alleviated.

Not to mention, the artificial breeding of a shitload of cows for the specific purpose of feeding humans results in a lot of methane being released into the air.  Methane as you may know is a greenhouse gas.  Fewer people eating meat = fewer cows bred = happier earth.  Yes, aside from ethical and health reasons, people do go veg for environmental concerns as well.

I'm only scratching the surface environmentally but you get the idea.  No one has to necessarily go vegetarian/vegan or anything but if they're not even willing to admit that excessive meat consumption is a problem in our society then something tells me they're either suffering a baby-like reactionary tantrum towards the vegetarian lifestyle or are just plain ignorant and afraid to learn the truth for fear of having their macho meat-eating ways threatened.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Oriental_Jams

The wonders of supplements. I'd rather not do it that way, meat just tastes too damn good, but vegetarianism is the healthier way to live, even if it's because they are warier of what they eat due to the intensely minor risks (or so my friend says).