International Radio Stations - Staving Off Work-From-Home Boredom

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As I grow increasingly weary with working from home and staring at my walls with limited human interaction (my family sort of keeps their distance, which is sweet, but makes me lonely) I've decided to pick a nation outside of Canada/US every day and listen to a radio station.

Any recommendations out there of international stations? I prefer rock; but, hey, while I'm having fun with broadening my horizons I'll gladly look at any and all suggestions. Maybe avoid rap, since I'm not a fan; but otherwise the sky's the limit. Mild exposure to new things never hurt anybody; and if I can't leave my home in person then I may as well allow my mind to wander to new locales.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

The closest thing we have to a rock station in Ireland is Radio Nova. You can listen to it here which is a site that will let you load up a load more different countries and radio stations. Newstalk is our talk radio station if you ever wanted to see what that's like outside the US/Canada.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Excellent site! Thank you for that, I could see it coming in handy.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

Retreat Radio is a Swedish radio station dealing with a lot of underground music genres and often invite local bands to play music that has inspired them: https://www.retreatradio.net/

There's also https://radiooooo.com/ where you can pick a country of origin, if the music should be "slow, fast or weird" and which decade you want it to be from, and it'll serve you a non-stop playlist with music within those parameters.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about talk radio from English speaking countries you are not from? Does that do anything for you?

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: Sorry for the wait.

Yes, I'm open to it, certainly. It's all just to pass the time, and I enjoy hearing other perspectives. Especially considering how terrible I find the quality of US news reporting. I also avoid Canadian news, but only because I AM Canadian, albeit one who has moved to the US, so I'm already well aware of that perspective.

I often listen to BBC World Service, so aside from that one, of which I am already aware, then I'm open to any talk suggestions.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd recommend TalkSport but erm ... I don't know what it's like now there's no sport.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wollywoo

radio.garden is a neat web site that lets you listen to radio stations from anywhere in the world by locating them on the globe.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you all for the recommendations. Radio garden in particular had a fun interface.