Is anyone watching Locke and Key on Netflix? (Impressions in OP, please tag spoilers)

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

My roommate and I just finished watching the ten episodes of this show. We both really enjoyed it. It's a supernatural mystery set in a mansion and small town around Cape Cod, Massachusetts. After moving into their dead father's old house, three kids start to discover magical keys that bestow certain magical capabilities. The show is about them discovering the keys and trying to protect the keys--and themselves--from someone who wants them for nefarious reasons. It's well-written, suspenseful, and kind of dark. The performances by the children actors are pretty good. The show itself is not particularly child-friendly.

Anyone else watch it? What do you think?

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I did not enjoy the first 2 episodes and nearly dropped it, but by episode 3 I really started to enjoy it much more. It's very different from the comics and that is both good and bad, as there is no way that comic can properly be adapted directly from its source material. If you did enjoy the series I very much recommend the comics, as things get far more insane and much darker.