Is Chick-Fil-A really that great?

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Chop

You wanna know what is really fun? Reading the first page of topics like this, then immediately skipping to the last page and trying to figure out what the fuck happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@SpaceInsomniac said:

Kevin Drum of Mother Jones magazine said "[T]here's really no excuse for Emanuel's and Menino's actions... you don't hand out business licenses based on whether you agree with the political views of the executives.

Surely this is a human rights issue, and not one of political stance, per se.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Draxyle

Never went to Chik-fil-a, and I'm really glad I didn't. It's one thing for a CEO to have an opinion, it's a totally different thing to actually fund that opinion like this. These "pray the gay away" groups are the worst kind of scum that have no place in the modern era. We should be better than this.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By dbz1995

I find it kind of terrifying how there's a morals versus taste battle going on here. To me, those two should never compete-one clearly stands above the other. Having said this, living in the UK, I don't think I'll get the opportunity to eat at Chick-Fil-A. I can only imagine what kind of heavenly virgin chicken they've got to give that allows the voice of the ignorant to be heard.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@GetEveryone said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

Kevin Drum of Mother Jones magazine said "[T]here's really no excuse for Emanuel's and Menino's actions... you don't hand out business licenses based on whether you agree with the political views of the executives.

Political stance, human rights stance, or whatever. You don't tell someone they can't do business in your town because of their opinions.

For the new page, here's the rest of that quote:

UCLA law professor and blogger Eugene Volokh observed, "[D]enying a private business permits because of such speech by its owner is a blatant First Amendment violation." Echoing those views were Glenn Greenwald of Salon, professor John Turley of George Washington University, and Adam Schwartz, a senior attorney with the ACLU.

Denying a business license in America because of someone's religion or personal beliefs is absolutely a human rights issue. The ACLU and First Amendment agree. Gay marriage is also a human rights issue, one that is currently being decided on a state by state basis.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#107  Edited By fox01313

I love the food there, though next time you're in the states, try it to find out.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Zella

I visited Alabama/Georgia for one weekend, I went to chick-fil-a three times, that's how good it is. It's just magical how chicken and a pickle could taste so fucking great. Not gonna blame the company/sandwiches for the whole bigotry thing going on, it doesn't represent the company only the opinion of those in charge. While I disagree with their stance, it's their right to have it as long as they don't hurt anybody.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@GetEveryone said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

Political stance, human rights stance, or whatever. You don't tell someone they can't do business in your town because of their opinions.

UCLA law professor and blogger Eugene Volokh observed, "[D]enying a private business permits because of such speech by its owner is a blatant First Amendment violation." Echoing those views were Glenn Greenwald of Salon, professor John Turley of George Washington University, and Adam Schwartz, a senior attorney with the ACLU.

Denying a business license in America because of someone's religion or personal beliefs is absolutely a human rights issue. The ACLU and First Amendment agree. Gay marriage is also a human rights issue, one that is currently being decided on a state by state basis.

Glad you addressed that fact with your last sentence. Seemed like you hadn't quite realised the irony of the rest of your post.

Regardless, I wasn't arguing their right to open a branch in those towns.

byterunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By byterunner

Hey guys just wanted to say that Chik fil a food is some of the best I've ha-

*sees topic*

*Slowly walks out of thread*

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By CL60
@Zella

I visited Alabama/Georgia for one weekend, I went to chick-fil-a three times, that's how good it is. It's just magical how chicken and a pickle could taste so fucking great. Not gonna blame the company/sandwiches for the whole bigotry thing going on, it doesn't represent the company only the opinion of those in charge. While I disagree with their stance, it's their right to have it as long as they don't hurt anybody.

They are hurting people by donating money to anti-gay organizations.
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#113  Edited By Little_Socrates

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@GetEveryone said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

But it's not because the CEO said something bigoted, it's because they donate to companies like Exodus International. If Gizmondo had wanted to open a location in Chicago after their ties to the Swedish Mafia were uncovered, or Monsanto had wanted to open a terminator seed production facility in the city, or if a front for Kony's Lord's Resistance Army had wanted to open a location in the city, I don't think banning them from entering the city or state would have been illegal.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#114  Edited By Dagbiker

@chrissedoff: No need for name calling.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115  Edited By Ace829

Fuck Chick-Fil-A. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Checkers. Best fast food I've ever had.

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By blindisaac

@believer258 said:

@Animasta said:

@Vinny_Says said:

If only people knew the political stances all the other companies that make their everyday use products....we do love our double standards though.

I've never had any, but Brad keeps raving about it. Next time I visit the US I'll try to get me some. That and some Portilo's if I can.

no no, brad raves about bojangles or something

Bojangle's and Chik-Fil-A are about the same. Good fast food, but nothing more than fast food.

Also, I found it insane when I learned that Bojangle's and Chik-Fil-A's aren't spread out all across America. There's pretty much one in every little town in this rural North Carolina county that I live in; no one lives more than twenty minutes from a Bojangle's or Chik-Fil-A.

EDIT: Oh, wait - actually eating at Chik-Fil-A? Yeah, I have. I haven't paid much attention to this whole "gay rights" scandal, and someone might be outraged that I'm going to say this, but I don't care.

I really don't care when the shirts you guys are wearing and the computers you guys are typing on were made in sweat shops in countries where poor people get paid less than a dollar a day to live in shacks and piss in buckets. Think about that one before yelling about the rights to stick your dick wherever you want to. Is what the Chik-Fil-A guy said wrong? Yeah. But it's hardly as bad as some other things everyone in this thread has spent money on.

I have a friend from Pittsburgh who constantly goes to Bojangles when he is here in NC for school (Wake Forest) and tons of people that are from out west love Chikfila out here.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#117  Edited By Superkenon

Food's not bad, but I don't know how anyone can afford to eat there on a regular basis. I already feel like an idiot paying normal fast food prices, and Chick-Fil-A costs way more than normal. So, I'd just as soon eat something else.

This is coming from someone on the verge of quitting fast food entirely though. Gonna buy my own goddamn bread and make my own goddamn sandwiches!!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#118  Edited By Humanity

Well they're better than Ranch *1 but thats not saying much.

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By blindisaac

I have called it delicious hate for years. Same goes for Cookout.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#120  Edited By Phatmac

It's great, at least in Georgia where it originated. Still, won't be going anytime soon unless they clean up their act.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By raviolisumo

Pretty good. Still going to go to them for my chicken sandwich/biscuit needs.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#122  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Its really overpriced and not great at all.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#123  Edited By Hunter5024

So I hadn't heard about all of this stupidity until the other day when I was at work. I'd skipped breakfast because there were no groceries in my house, and too much traffic to go pick it up, and since the night before I'd skipped dinner because I was kind of sick I was honestly in a little pain from hunger by the time it was my lunch break. Chick Fil A is the only place within the vicinity of my job that I can afford, they have great food, they make it in time for me to get back to work, and they're always super nice to me (I've gotten so many free chicken sandwich coupons) so I went there, only to find the parking lot around their store completely packed with cars. Strangely enough the drive through was empty though, so I went for it and was instantly swarmed by a group of protestors physically blocking my car. When I honked at them they called me a bigot, and a jesus freak and when I yelled at them to get out of the way two guys started making out on my hood. I moved forward just enough to knock the couple off my hood and on their asses which gave me enough room to back out. Went to in n out burger (which I always skip because it takes them forever), and they still weren't done after my lunch break had been ten minutes over (even though he assured me they could have it done before that), so I just had to leave without getting my food. Later that day when I got home I found out on facebook that one of my friends (who is a christian and very active in his church) had organized a "Chick Fil A" support day (motherfucker) where he and his church would go eat at the restaurant, and once Tucsons gay community got wind of it they went to counter protest (and apparently my brother was with them for a few hours before I got there). Anyways I don't really have any sympathy for this situation after that. I feel like no matter where I spend my money it's going to go to go somewhere I don't support, and I feel like the only reason Chick Fil A's getting attacked like this is because they're more upfront about the shitty causes they support. So I'm going to keep eating there because I know lots of the employees are super nice, and the opinions of their founder are directly contrary to what some of them believe. Also yesterday when I went there to pick up an ice cream cone for my mom they comped my meal when they heard me talking about the whole protest mess, and you'd be hard pressed to find any other restaurant whose that nice.

tl;dr Church supports Chick Fil A, LGBT community protests Chick Fil A, innocent security guard caught in the crossfire.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By GoofyGoober

Their Chicken egg and cheese bagel is on point, seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Is it like KFC where the best part is the skin?

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Wow. Who gives a shit what the CO thinks? It's not like he has a say in anything.

If the foods good, and you enjoy it, then you should eat it.

I'm going to bring a bunch of my gay friends and we're going to eat the shit out of that place and moon the protesters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CFA doesn't want gays to get married. This is not a big deal compared to the business practices a lot of companies have. No one understands what's really important. For example, Hershey's and child slavery.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By AiurFlux

I had one once when I was in the States and it was fine. Not amazing, not bad, just fine. Certainly nothing to praise Jeebus about and certainly nothing to support bigotry about. I'd rather be surrounded by In N Out. That is a fucking meal. Seriously, get everything animal style and you're golden. I didn't even know about animal style until my friend Kirsten told me to get animal style because they have a HIDDEN FUCKING MENU! How genius is that?

What I'd really like to see at Chick Fil-A is a famous gay person, like Ellen or Elton John, go in there with a Kermit shirt and a small pack of Oreos and then order a little sandwich. They'd lose their shit.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Hunter5024 said:

So I hadn't heard about all of this stupidity until the other day when I was at work. I'd skipped breakfast because there were no groceries in my house, and too much traffic to go pick it up, and since the night before I'd skipped dinner because I was kind of sick I was honestly in a little pain from hunger by the time it was my lunch break. Chick Fil A is the only place within the vicinity of my job that I can afford, they have great food, they make it in time for me to get back to work, and they're always super nice to me (I've gotten so many free chicken sandwich coupons) so I went there, only to find the parking lot around their store completely packed with cars. Strangely enough the drive through was empty though, so I went for it and was instantly swarmed by a group of protestors physically blocking my car. When I honked at them they called me a bigot, and a jesus freak and when I yelled at them to get out of the way two guys started making out on my hood. I moved forward just enough to knock the couple off my hood and on their asses which gave me enough room to back out. Went to in n out burger (which I always skip because it takes them forever), and they still weren't done after my lunch break had been ten minutes over (even though he assured me they could have it done before that), so I just had to leave without getting my food. Later that day when I got home I found out on facebook that one of my friends (who is a christian and very active in his church) had organized a "Chick Fil A" support day (motherfucker) where he and his church would go eat at the restaurant, and once Tucsons gay community got wind of it they went to counter protest (and apparently my brother was with them for a few hours before I got there). Anyways I don't really have any sympathy for this situation after that. I feel like no matter where I spend my money it's going to go to go somewhere I don't support, and I feel like the only reason Chick Fil A's getting attacked like this is because they're more upfront about the shitty causes they support. So I'm going to keep eating there because I know lots of the employees are super nice, and the opinions of their founder are directly contrary to what some of them believe. Also yesterday when I went there to pick up an ice cream cone for my mom they comped my meal when they heard me talking about the whole protest mess, and you'd be hard pressed to find any other restaurant whose that nice.

tl;dr Church supports Chick Fil A, LGBT community protests Chick Fil A, innocent security guard caught in the crossfire.

Know the feeling! Stay strong dude.

Did two dudes really make out on your car? That's hilarious. Not because they're gay, but because you had no clue what was going on... lmao.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Hunter5024

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Know the feeling! Stay strong dude.

Did two dudes really make out on your car? That's hilarious. Not because they're gay, but because you had no clue what was going on... lmao.

Dude it was the most confusing event of my entire life. I thought maybe someone put a hateful bumper sticker on my car as a prank or something.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#131  Edited By TehFlan

Chic-Fil-A is great and this issue has been blown way out of proportion.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#132  Edited By Animasta

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Wow. Who gives a shit what the CO thinks? It's not like he has a say in anything.

I'm going to bring a bunch of my gay friends and we're going to eat the shit out of that place and moon the protesters.

they literally donate your money to 'pray the gay away' camps, and I assume you know what those are.

by all means, eat there, but just know your an asshole for doing so.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By uniform

They're not in my country, but I've ate there a few times, most recently in Atlanta. I honestly thought the stuff I had was delicious. We don't have anything similar where I live.

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Lifestrike

@gaminghooligan said:

They have to close on Sunday so god can bless the chicken.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Hunter5024

@Animasta said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

they literally donate your money to 'pray the gay away' camps, and I assume you know what those are.

I don't think it's so black and white. There are plenty of employee's who work there that don't agree with those opinions and have no say in where the money goes. If everyone stopped eating there and Chick Fil A went out of business than thousands of innocent people would be out of a job. And those stupid camps would still find a way to exist with or without CFA's support.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By medacris

I support gay rights, so I will most likely boycott them as well. I do feel guilty, though, because I don't know if the boycott is fair to the rest of their employees.

(I will also miss their waffle fries, but this is more important right now.)

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#137  Edited By Animasta

@Hunter5024 said:

@Animasta said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I don't think it's so black and white. There are plenty of employee's who work there that don't agree with those opinions and have no say in where the money goes. If everyone stopped eating there and Chick Fil A went out of business than thousands of innocent people would be out of a job. And those stupid camps would still find a way to exist with or without CFA's support.

if they don't agree with the company, then it's their fault for choosing to work there right? Yeah yeah they probably don't have a choice but still. I have my doubts that it'd go out of business because people decided to stop going there because of these donations; either they'd agree to stop doing so, owner would step down or something else. Even if they did, surely there would be other chains to step in and collect all of that business.

and that last statement is pretty horrible, just saying.

WiqidBritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By WiqidBritt

you don't need a big menu when all anyone wants to order is a chicken sandwich or chicken nuggets.

you also don't need to be a bigot to make good chicken, thankfully there are recipes online that are pretty close to what chick-fil-a has to offer, all I need is a pressure fryer...

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Animasta said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

You want to play this game?

Do you really want me to list a large amount of corporations and joints that you probably support and visit every single day that supports or funds some sort of asshole cause??

I think it was already mentioned that Hershey's funds child slavery. Do you eat Hershey's? How about shop Victoria's Secret? Or Philip Morris? Or almost anything made in China? OR

Forever 21, Aeropostale, Toys ‘R’ Us, Urban Outfitters?

Now please tell me now that I am an asshole for eating a sandwhich that might indirectly support Pray The Gay Away Caps, while you probably support things like animal cruelty and child slavery. You are the asshole and so is everyone else who is making such a big deal about this. WHO THE FUCK CARES? THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO CARE ABOUT.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Nah, it's nothing special.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Animasta said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@Animasta said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

if they don't agree with the company, then it's their fault for choosing to work there right? Yeah yeah they probably don't have a choice but still. I have my doubts that it'd go out of business because people decided to stop going there because of these donations; either they'd agree to stop doing so, owner would step down or something else. Even if they did, surely there would be other chains to step in and collect all of that business.

I can't believe this response. It's so ... PG 80's Family Movie. Things don't work out like that. If everyone decided to boycott CFA so many more people would be out of jobs for something that isn't their fault and no, it's not that simple to find a job. Not anymore. I speak from experience.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Hunter5024

@Animasta said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Sure maybe other chains would step in, but I'm sure every company supports something that you or I would consider morally wrong. And I know it's horrible, but it's true. Believe it or not I knew a person who wanted to go to one of those camps. We can't expect them to go away when some people have an attitude like that.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Animasta said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Do you really want me to list a large amount of corporations and joints that you probably support and visit every single day that supports or funds some sort of asshole cause??

I think it was already mentioned that Hershey's funds child slavery. Do you eat Hershey's? How about shop Victoria's Secret? Or Philip Morris? Or almost anything made in China? OR

Now please tell me now that I am an asshole for not eating a sandwhich that might indirectly support Pray The Gay Away Caps, while you probably support things like animal cruelty and child slavery. You are the asshole and so is everyone else who is making such a big deal about this. WHO THE FUCK CARES? THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO CARE ABOUT.

I would like to play.

I will simply not buy or consume anything made by hershey until they until they provide total change in their organization. I quick search gave me this huffington post article about the current state of hershey and I made the decision based on that.

Now you don't need to provide a link for all those places, I don't even go to half of them, but if you could at least let me know the controversy related to each of those places it would help me research them and make a decision on if I'll do the same.

I'm not going to call you an asshole but I would very much like to play this game.

happyfatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By happyfatman

I am absolutely dumbfounded that some people are unable to distinguish between bigotry and... not. The CEO of Chick-fil-A said he is personally against same-sex marriage. This does not mean that he hates gay people, he just happens to believe that the institution we call "marriage" should be reserved solely for the joining of two people of the opposite sex, nothing more. One can be opposed to gay marriage, and not be a bigot. Shocking as it may seem, it is possible, and really in my experience, that's the norm. I have yet to meet one person who is opposed to gay marriage and also claims to genuinely hate gay people. Opposing gay marriage is not bigotry... that's the point I'm attempting to make here.

Avatar image for deactivated-629f1111f1060
deactivated-629f1111f1060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:

First time hearing about this. Reading about it is funny though. I love reading through the arguments that the bigots come up with, they're always so nonsensical. I'm in Canada do they exist here? I've never even seen this place before.

I feel pretty certain that bigots exist everywhere. Sad, really.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#146  Edited By ThePickle

It's really quite delicious. But it's America so there are ample food options.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@ThePhantomStranger said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Animasta said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Now please tell me now that I am an asshole for not eating a sandwhich that might indirectly support Pray The Gay Away Caps, while you probably support things like animal cruelty and child slavery. You are the asshole and so is everyone else who is making such a big deal about this. WHO THE FUCK CARES? THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO CARE ABOUT.

I would like to play.

I will simply not buy or consume anything made by hershey until they until they provide total change in their organization. I quick search gave me this huffington post article about the current state of hershey and I made the decision based on that.

Now you don't need to provide a link for all those places, I don't even go to half of them, but if you could at least let me know the controversy related to each of those places it would help me research them and make a decision on if I'll do the same.

I'm not going to call you an asshole but I would very much like to play this game.

Sure thing. All those places I mentioned are all affiliated with child slavery. http://www.businesspundit.com/5-giant-companies-who-use-slave-labor/

That is one single link in an almost endless loop of asshole corperations.

This one is if you never want to eat meat again. http://www.meat.org/ (Dont click if you have a weak stomach)

This one is for skin and hygiene products that test on animals. http://www.thevegetariansite.com/ethics_test.htm

And because i'm a huge fan of irony..... http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/24/7-religious-companies-besides-chick-fil-a/

This list contains a list of other highly religious company COs, which includes In and Out... Some of you bombers stated that you would rather eat there as an alternative. Heh.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Hunter5024

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Animasta said:

Now please tell me now that I am an asshole for eating a sandwhich that might indirectly support Pray The Gay Away Caps, while you probably support things like animal cruelty and child slavery. You are the asshole and so is everyone else who is making such a big deal about this. WHO THE FUCK CARES? THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO CARE ABOUT.

I think it's true that no matter where we spend our money it's going to fund some cause we don't like, but I don't think this makes any consumer an asshole, just the companies. We don't have any control where companies spend their money, so it's not fair to ask us to ignore the companies who support bad causes because they all do. That's their fault not ours, and we're not accountable for pray the gay away camps or child slavery because we pick up a chicken sandwich and a chocolate bar for lunch.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#149  Edited By MocBucket62

Hell Yeah its that great! Every second Friday of the month at my College, I get up early in the morning to get a free Chicken Biscuit sandwich for Breakfast and its always the best breakfast of the month! You really do need to get up early because Chick-Fil-A will only provide 100 sandwiches a month.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By mitsuko_souma

@happyfatman said:

I am absolutely dumbfounded that some people are unable to distinguish between bigotry and... not. The CEO of Chick-fil-A said he is personally against same-sex marriage. This does not mean that he hates gay people, he just happens to believe that the institution we call "marriage" should be reserved solely for the joining of two people of the opposite sex, nothing more. One can be opposed to gay marriage, and not be a bigot. Shocking as it may seem, it is possible, and really in my experience, that's the norm. I have yet to meet one person who is opposed to gay marriage and also claims to genuinely hate gay people. Opposing gay marriage is not bigotry... that's the point I'm attempting to make here.

This.