Avatar image for markthestampede
MarktheStampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By MarktheStampede

Seriously it seems like its taking even longer for Gamefly to receive my games and to ship new ones.  Their availability is terrible now. You used to be able to put a few newer games on there and just wait until they're available. Last week I had three days of no shipping the five games on my list  till I finally loaded it with a ton of stuff I didn't really want.  Right now I've been waiting another three days for them to ship my next game, after it took them almost all of last week to receive my  return.  Skate 2 has been listed at "High" availability for the last two days.

I wish they would stop having a big game blowout every month and actually CARRY games. If this gets any more ridiculous I might have to switch back to Blockbuster's terrible service.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I tried the one month trial of Gamefly a few months ago and was extremely disappointed. Not only did it take at least a week from sending in a game until I got the next one, but I never got anything anywhere near the top of my queue. I understand that it's difficult for them to live up to the precedence set by Netflix, but I would settle for something at least half as good as Netflix...and you Gamefly are nowhere near half as good as Netflix.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

I've still never had a single problem with Gamefly yet, and it only takes 1-2 days max for me to recieve my games and send them back.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

I've got Prince of Persia, Halo Wars and Battlefield Bad Company out right now. I'm not complaining, there's plenty of older games I need to play, too.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

When I really want a game, I have to empty my cue and only have that game in there. Otherwise I get games at the bottom or middle of my cue just because they are "available now" instead of high availability. I finally got them to ship Shadow of the Colossus today after several days of waiting.

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikevanpwn

I had a some problems when I first started gamefly, but they've mellowed out actually, and I like the service.

Avatar image for markthestampede
MarktheStampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarktheStampede
Agnogenic said:
"When I really want a game, I have to empty my cue and only have that game in there. Otherwise I get games at the bottom or middle of my cue just because they are "available now" instead of high availability. I finally got them to ship Shadow of the Colossus today after several days of waiting."
That trick had been working for me, but it hasn't lately.  I've been waiting for Godfather 2 or Resident Evil 5 for days now. The other trick that sometimes work is having a new release at the top of your queue and returning something the day it comes out. But it's harder to time that now. I think I'm caught between Shipping Centers or something.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By maxszy
TooWalrus said:
"I've got Prince of Persia, Halo Wars and Battlefield Bad Company out right now. I'm not complaining, there's plenty of older games I need to play, too."
But that's the problem. What if you get something that you just put on your queue as something you want to play eventually but now you are really not in the mood yet you just wasted a slot on it? Perhaps some of you can just play something because its there and you haven't played it yet. Personally I have to be in the mood for something, otherwise I don't play it.

Personally I don't use GameFly but I do use Netflix. And even them I haven't been to happy with lately. The time between the shipping is great, but I've always had to wait months for new releases. Which really sucks. Sure I use it to catch up on old TV shows and stuff, so it gets plenty of use but even they aren't all that great.
Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
Maxszy said:
"TooWalrus said:
"I've got Prince of Persia, Halo Wars and Battlefield Bad Company out right now. I'm not complaining, there's plenty of older games I need to play, too."
But that's the problem. What if you get something that you just put on your queue as something you want to play eventually but now you are really not in the mood yet you just wasted a slot on it? Perhaps some of you can just play something because its there and you haven't played it yet. Personally I have to be in the mood for something, otherwise I don't play it.Personally I don't use GameFly but I do use Netflix. And even them I haven't been to happy with lately. The time between the shipping is great, but I've always had to wait months for new releases. Which really sucks. Sure I use it to catch up on old TV shows and stuff, so it gets plenty of use but even they aren't all that great."
I use the instant play feature all the time on Netflix. And with them allowing streaming on the 360 I use it even more. I don't have a complain for Netflix except I wish a few more things were in HD.
machgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By machgame

No issues with gamefly here. I've been using them for a couple years now and uprgraded to the 2 game plan a couple months ago. For $20 and the number of games I play, I can't complain at all.  I usually have about 10 games or less in my que and they ship out pretty fast. Found it helps to drop the game at the post office, but I don't always do it.

I got Godfather 2 like a week after release and then ended up kepping it for $35. Game prices are really good.

Pretty much Gamfly, Netflix and Hulu covers all my entertainment needs.

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By fillmoejoe
Agnogenic said:
"When I really want a game, I have to empty my cue and only have that game in there. Otherwise I get games at the bottom or middle of my cue just because they are "available now" instead of high availability. I finally got them to ship Shadow of the Colossus today after several days of waiting."
Yeah I usually do this but it takes 2 days for me so I have to send a game back 3 days early and hope the new game I want will be available. I like gamefly but there have been times when they don't send me anything for 1-2 weeks.
warp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By warp

Im pretty happy with the service though I didnt know that if a game is Available Now, gamefly will send that game first regardless of its place in the queue. I was really psyched to play Chronicles of Riddick and was dismayed to see I would be receiving Civilization Revolution (which was like 15th in line) instead. That was kind of a bummer.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By StaticFalconar

Once you figure how the algorythem works for which game they send you next, you adjust your list to only get the game you want. Remember some computer decides all that and not an actual person.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Karmum

Worse? Takes them 2-3 days to get a game, but they normally will ship one out before it even gets there, and games getting to me take about two days as well. I have had no problems with them, but then again, I'm in NJ and a center is in PA.

machgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By machgame

Same here, often they're shipping games the next day for me too.  I think I went through about 8 games since april, for $20 that can't be beat.

chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By chronicsmoke

Been with gamefly for over 2 years and Ive got no problems with them,takes about 2- 3 days for me to get a game and I love the fact I can get games much cheaper than in the stores

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Maybe worse as it gets busier?