• 183 results
Avatar image for vindictivepotato
VindictivePotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Well, rich or not, he needs gaming and gaming related peripherals as soon as possible for him to run his business and run it well.

Just as much as a truck driver needs a truck or a builder needs tools.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#152  Edited By artofwar420

NO, Jeff is Jeff. Rich is Rich... how would you get to that conclusion?

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By dichemstys

@SoothsayerGB said:

For his part ownership of Giant Bomb he was payed over 1.7 million. So yes, he does quite well for himself. Also, not saying this means anything, but... he is jewish too.

...Jeff's Jewish?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#154  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Am I wrong to assume that it's only teenagers that aren't out of high school (or maybe not even made it to high school) that think Jeff might be rich?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By Animasta

@Chaser324 said:

Am I wrong to assume that it's only teenagers that aren't out of high school (or maybe not even made it to high school) that think Jeff might be rich?

you forget that the economy is terrible right now

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#156  Edited By Zereta

He just seems like the kind of guy who needs everything. I can get behind that.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#157  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Animasta said:

@Chaser324 said:

you forget that the economy is terrible right now

True, but I would think that someone that's unemployed in their 20's or 30's would still be able to roughly estimate Jeff's financial situation.

I guess maybe you could debate how you define "rich", but I don't think those standards have been lowered enough that someone like Jeff would be considered rich.

sevenLiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#158  Edited By sevenLiter

I'd think his flesh would have an unpleasently rich flavor to it since he admits to not eating a lot of vegetables.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#159  Edited By Milkman
@me3639 said:
You know he's making that paper, becasue he's fluuushhhh with caaaassssshhhh!
He's in the business of making STACKS ON STACKS ON STACKS.
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By dichemstys

@FreakAche said:

No. This is Rich.

EDIT: How do I embed GIFs?!?!?!?

EDIT 2: Thanks Trainer_Red!

Today has been one of the worst days of my life, and this singlehandedly cheered me up.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Osaladin
NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By NekuCTR

So this clusterfuck/circle jerk/most amazing thread ever is still trucking eh? Better go get some popcorn.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hated the idea of this thread upon initial creation, but now it's evolved into something much, much more tolerable.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By eskimo

Has Jeff got dope grillz?

NO!

So he isnt rich.

Easy.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Sinusoidal

His job is playing video games (OK, writing about them too.) Every purchase of video games and related hardware is a tax write-off.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By jkz

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

I really hated the idea of this thread upon initial creation, but now it's evolved into something much, much more tolerable.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By dichemstys
If you're not this guy, you don't have shit.
If you're not this guy, you don't have shit.
CLinendoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#168  Edited By CLinendoll

Can anyone link to the Gamespot Cribs video mentioned in this thread? I'd love to see The Compound

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

@Brodehouse said:

He's also technically a journalist with 20 years experience.

Qualifying it with "technically" makes that the greatest underhanded compliment I've ever seen.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

This thread is weirdly fascinating

@Osaladin: Is he actually rapping with grills on? I literally could not understand anything in that pre-chorus bit, holy shit.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More money more problems.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@FreakAche said:

No. This is Rich.

EDIT: How do I embed GIFs?!?!?!?

EDIT 2: Thanks Trainer_Red!

Today has been one of the worst days of my life, and this singlehandedly cheered me up.

Hang in there dude, sorry to hear that.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#173  Edited By VisariLoyalist
DOES HE LOOK RICH
DOES HE LOOK RICH
pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By pandorasbox

I know this thread has gone fucking bonkers, but i would call Jeff "pretty wealthy". At one point he mentions going to a car dealership and almost purchasing a crazy expensive car but the dealer apparently didn't want to sell it to Jeff because "it was the type of car people usually pay for with a suitcase full of money".

I think this conversation may have happened while Jeff was on a tested podcast as a guest?

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By freakin9

Given that people like Brad and Dave seem to be living off this website, you have to assume Jeff is making at least three times what they are making. Plus the amount Jeff actually seems to care about this website both indicates his position and that he's doing well.

Though to call him rich is a stretch, I consider 10s of millions the bottom of rich. But he's very well off.

Also the lack of a family... what's going on with that, seems everyone on this website is getting married but him. Is there any mention that he even does much dating? I don't get the impression Jeff is uncool or lame. I can't imagine he just goes home and plays games, sipping out of jars. Resorting his videogame collection... over and over again.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#176  Edited By Winternet

I just spent way too much time reading posts in this thread.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By pandorasbox

@freakin9:

Finding girlfriends is hard. The people who are getting married/having babies have had their girls for years.

Psychohead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Psychohead

Jeff owns his own home, and that can count for a lot, as I've learned these past couple years. Roommates don't exactly hurt either. Lack of kids is another huge factor. Extremely careful management and prioritizing of your spending can make your money do all sorts of fun tricks.

Or, if you wanna get potentially bleak about it, maybe he's got loads of consumer debt. Who knows. Who cares.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By freakin9

@pandorasbox said:

@freakin9:

Finding girlfriends is hard. The people who are getting married/having babies have had their girls for years.

Lol, finding a girlfriend is hard? No it isn't. Most people who say it's hard aren't even bothering to make an effort.

Now finding the right one, or being ready to settle down, is another thing.

aceofspudz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By aceofspudz

Jeff is probably pretty wealthy, monetarily. Definitely upper middle class or higher. He alluded on a podcast once to having around 100k liquid. He lives in a suburb where people are classy enough to disapprove of his behavior, which I think is his primary reason for living there.

I say he's well on his way to being eccentric, and his home will eventually resemble a museum dedicated to his life playing games.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By selbie

@aceofspudz said:

Jeff is probably pretty wealthy, monetarily. Definitely upper middle class or higher. He alluded on a podcast once to having around 100k liquid. He lives in a suburb where people are classy enough to disapprove of his behavior, which I think is his primary reason for living there.

I say he's well on his way to being eccentric, and his home will eventually resemble a museum dedicated to his life playing games.

I would totally visit that museum, though not in a stalkerish way....or maybe Jeff likes stalkerish

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

@Brodehouse said:

He's also technically a journalist with 20 years experience.

Qualifying it with "technically" makes that the greatest underhanded compliment I've ever seen.

Wasn't really a compliment, or an underhanded one. Jeff himself says he's a writer, not a journalist. But I bet he gets paid closer to a journalist than a guy who writes copy.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#183  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@aceofspudz said:

He lives in a suburb where people are classy enough to disapprove of his behavior

That's rad man I wish I lived there

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#184  Edited By korolev

I don't think he's rich, but I don't think he's poor. I think he's moderately well off, but not well off enough to buy a mansion.

He's only come into the money recently. The pre-CBS days at Giant Bomb weren't a financial wonderland - they were actually losing money for a while there. Jeff and Co aren't "poor" - Vinny was able to move due to his salary, after all. Brad and Ryan don't look like they are starving.

I'd peg Jeff, Brad, Ryan, Vinny, Alex, Drew and Patrick as Middle-class. But only recently middle class.

And not having kids DOES free up a LOT of money. Do you have any idea how much it costs to give a kid a decent life? How much the extra food, clothing, supplies, necessities, schooling and health-care costs when bringing up a child? It's a LOT OF MONEY. To give a kid a good life, we're talking about tens of thousands dollars minimum, and more like hundreds of thousands of dollars as a good average (over the life of the child, from Age 0 to 18). That stuff's expensive. My family have undoubtedly spent more than 100,000 dollars on me over the course of my childhood, and no I wasn't richy-rich living in a mansion.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By mnzy

@George_Hukas said:

If he truly is writing everything off he needs to be careful IRS auditors don't show up. There is a fine line between business and personal expenses and things that fall into both must be divided appropriately. For example, if you use your car for both business and personal purposes, you must divide your expenses based on actual mileage.

If he doesn't have a review, a quick look or something written up to correlate with deduction, he shouldn't deduct it because the burden of proof is on him should he get audited.

That's obviously the reason for Encyclopedia Bombastica. Write off all the things.

Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#186  Edited By Vao

I miss the random live streams from his car from before the cbsi change.

Also kinda missing the fact that it might be easy to justify when the job is based on the knowledge of the newest in gaming hardware and it's content.

also, why does this thread have 10 pages?

quemador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By quemador

@BigDaddy81: Wow