Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Maajin

Is it?

Would you guys recommend watching the anime or reading the manga? Any good starting point? I've always liked the crazy art style but feel kind of intimidated by the staggering amount of episodes/volumes.

What really peaked my interests though, was watching the video below. The characters look really crazy and creative and all of it seems super intense! And I usually hate AMVs.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dungbootle

It's quite beloved even among those who dislike shounen fighting manga. I was just thinking about starting to read it today myself.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By shadows_kill

I watched it way back when it was on toonami and I thought it was hilarious and the characters where super interesting. Not sure if I'd be into as much now but back then I liked it a lot! I would recommend the first season or so and if you like it then keep going!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

I read a whole crap load of it at one point, up to an arc that was about a haunted island boat. I think it's a pretty masterfully well done manga for what it is, although the plethora of exaggerated one note character traits got pretty boring after a while.

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ley_Lines

Yes, I would absolutely recommend it, however, I would read the manga. There are currently like 567 episodes, whereas there are only like 67 volumes of manga.

If you really want to watch the anime, it's available on hulu/funimation's website (some of which are dubbed if you'd prefer). They just recently did a 2-year time skip (like episode 517) if you want to watch the anime but don't want to start from the very beginning. New episodes come out pretty much every week.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'm planning on getting into it, but not reading the manga because I always prefer anime over manga. I envision it's going to be tough, but if I actually enjoy it it shouldn't be that bad. Lots of people have recommended it in our anime discussion thread.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By envane

i enjoy reading the manga , but cant stand watching the anime , even tho they animate the actual fights pretty well .. plus the manga is always far ahead

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Genkkaku

The manga is really good, The anime like most drag on for longer than necessary..

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#9  Edited By Little_Socrates

Does it bother you that it's probably not got an end in sight? It's not like Dragon Ball Z or most shonen anime where it's got a plotline; it's basically just the characters sailing around the Grand Line. There's occasionally character development and stuff, but it's almost more of an action sitcom than a traditional narrative anime. As a result, it'll go until the ratings flounder, and then it'll end and maybe get all crazy, but that's many years away.

If that doesn't bother you, I think it's perfectly fine to watch, but I have trouble recommending it over Breaking Bad, Looney Tunes, Cheers, Twin Peaks, or the plethora of good TV shows throughout history. As a specific blend between Looney Tunes and Dragon Ball Z, it has no parallel, but I'd suggest watching Looney Tunes AND DBZ long before I'd recommend One Piece. I'd also recommend Naruto before One Piece, as its light continuity allows for characters to develop in interesting ways over time.

I'm also going to say that I don't like most of the characters I've seen that were introduced after Buggy the Clown, so my view on One Piece is pretty damning compared to most people. I really dislike Usopp and Chopper specifically, and I haven't enjoyed any antagonists I've seen in one-off bits at other times.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By BabyChooChoo

It's a really fun series and definitely worth a read/watch. Just be warned that there's a lot to catch up on so the longer you wait, the longer it'll take to catch up.

Sursh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sursh

i've read a few volumes of the manga and i liked it. granted this is coming from someone who can't clarify what good manga is. but yeah, i reccomend it, if it interests your being.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By BraveToaster

I don't like the art style and the dialog in the manga is way too cheesy. I've tried to get into it, but I just can't.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Simplexity

@Little_Socrates said:

Does it bother you that it's probably not got an end in sight? It's not like Dragon Ball Z or most shonen anime where it's got a plotline; it's basically just the characters sailing around the Grand Line. There's occasionally character development and stuff, but it's almost more of an action sitcom than a traditional narrative anime. As a result, it'll go until the ratings flounder, and then it'll end and maybe get all crazy, but that's many years away.

If that doesn't bother you, I think it's perfectly fine to watch, but I have trouble recommending it over Breaking Bad, Looney Tunes, Cheers, Twin Peaks, or the plethora of good TV shows throughout history. As a specific blend between Looney Tunes and Dragon Ball Z, it has no parallel, but I'd suggest watching Looney Tunes AND DBZ long before I'd recommend One Piece. I'd also recommend Naruto before One Piece, as its light continuity allows for characters to develop in interesting ways over time.

I'm also going to say that I don't like most of the characters I've seen that were introduced after Buggy the Clown, so my view on One Piece is pretty damning compared to most people. I really dislike Usopp and Chopper specifically, and I haven't enjoyed any antagonists I've seen in one-off bits at other times.

There is an end though, when they get to the end of the Grand Line and find One Piece thus Luffy becomes the Pirate king.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Simplexity

@BraveToaster: I defy you to find a manga without Cheesy dialogue.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Knave

@Little_Socrates: LOL

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By super2j

So, coming off watching the two most recent 5 minutes ago, and then somehow lucking onto seeing this thread (what are the chances!!). I can say that this show is amazing. I absolutely love it. Now, for where to start. Dont worry, bc i was where u are at now almost 2 years ago. I knew the gist of the show and who the general characters were. So, i asked on animevice where i could start because i really didnt want to start from zero.

bless his soul said

"I suggest you start with episode 229 which begins season 8. It kicks off the "Water 7" and "Ennis Lobby" story arcs. These two are my personal favorites to date. I don't know how familiar you are with the crew, but these stories take place before the two most recent members joined. One makes their appearance during the "Water 7" arc. Each story runs into the next which is another reason why I like them so much. But, the biggest reason is probably because they focus on Robin Nico. Up to this point, we didn't know much about her even though she was a crewmate. She joined after the "Alabasta" arc (93-130), but most of her background remained a mystery until these stories. A word of caution, this is one long tale starting with 229 it then runs to 324. That's 95 episodes for one complete story."

Once you get thru even half of the action packed, heart tugging(kinda), hilarious story arc. If you dont like the show then that is where u sign off. If you do like it, then watch 2 or 3 a week and u should catch up quick. I know that i got hooked and it didnt take me very long to catch up( like 3 episodes a day or something).

There are no fillers either. Its all story, so go for the anime, better action.

And if i dont think you have to worry about missing out on story. Anime in general is really good(really bad?) at rehashing all the old stuff. They will fill you in on everything. I say take PenguinDusts advice bc, 95 episodes should be way more manageable.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By super2j

@Little_Socrates: i dislike Usopp, too, I mean Chopper seems to be stronger then him by a good deal now. Also There is one instance i enjoy their presence... its when they see something cool.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By landon

@Simplexity said:

@Little_Socrates said:

There is an end though, when they get to the end of the Grand Line and find One Piece thus Luffy becomes the Pirate king.

Who's to say that's going to be the ending? That's like saying Dragon Ball will be over once they find all the Dragon Balls.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Simplexity

@Landon said:

@Simplexity said:

@Little_Socrates said:

Who's to say that's going to be the ending? That's like saying Dragon Ball will be over once they find all the Dragon Balls.

I don't see how it could not be the ending, One Piece is allegedly located at the end of the Grand Line, when/if they get there there would be literally nothing left for them to do.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By envane

@super2j: no fillers ? you mean that arc or the show in general , ? hehe the one thing that stopped me watching early on was the huge derailment into random filler eps , when i KNEW what was coming .. of course all the big shonen animes do this , because if they didnt they would outpace the manga and then they would be in gantz territory eheh

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By CommodoreGroovy

I'm usually not someone who watches anime, but I really enjoyed the original Dragon Ball (not Z) anime, and One Piece is pretty much a similar and superior version of it. So yeah, I really like One Piece. The show can be pretty goofy, and yeah, it's probably not for everyone. Yet, if you find yourself liking the first 50 episodes or so, you'll find the rest of One Piece consistent in that quality, with some really amazing moments occasionally.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By emem
I think One Piece is the funniest anime show I know, but just like some guys mentioned before, there are a lot of fillers and some episodes are quite boring (every show has that, though). I have to admit that I sometimes skipp fillers in Bleach or Naruto, but I watched every single episode of One Piece, so... progress seems a little less important here than in some other shows. But I personally never felt like they were stuck or not moving fast enough when it comes to the main plot. 

One Piece is great, I like it a lot.

@super2j said:

@Little_Socrates: i dislike Usopp, too, I mean Chopper seems to be stronger then him by a good deal now. Also There is one instance i enjoy their presence... its when they see something cool.

Oh man, every single situation in which Luffy doesn't get something is pure gold... that simplicity is the best, it makes the character lovable and it made me laugh countless times (like really hard, almost getting side cramps). 
golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By golguin

@Maajin said:

Is it?

Would you guys recommend watching the anime or reading the manga? Any good starting point? I've always liked the crazy art style but feel kind of intimidated by the staggering amount of episodes/volumes.

What really peaked my interests though, was watching the video below. The characters look really crazy and creative and all of it seems super intense! And I usually hate AMVs.

I would say that One Piece probably has the most varied character designs out of any anime/manga out there and that's not even taking into account the crazy powers that said varied characters possess. You could never look at a new character and know what they're truly about until they slowly reveal all the insane things they are capable of.

That being said I would agree that the "Water 7" and "Ennis Lobby" arcs are probably the best place to start to see if you'll enjoy the series as a whole. There is A LOT of stuff that happens in those two arcs that are series defining moments. If you like what you see then you could go back and start at the beginning and see how everything came to those arcs.

In terms of length and arcs it is said that the story has reached the halfway mark (past Marineford arc) and you can see small amounts of overarching plot in the early episodes (before Water 7 arc).

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By blackichigo

@Landon said:

@Simplexity said:

@Little_Socrates said:

The opening.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Knave

If you're interested in the show go watch it from episode 1, don't just jump in from the so called "best" arcs to see if you're going to like it or not. I do recommend the show as I enjoy it a lot, although this most recent arc has been dragging on for shit long. I get the feeling that this show is best watched when you have a ton of episodes available, because following it weekly is a annoying when barely anything happens in an episode.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By envane

@golguin: its definately the characters and development that makes this series what it is , the powers are almost a copout sometimes and luffys style is goofy as fuck but its a testament to the characters that these ridiculous powers even have any weight to them , plenty of other series's have way more crazy hax powers , but none of it matters because you dont really care about whos using them. the fact that most ppl they end up fighting now are quite well fleshed out to the point that you start thinking they will become the next crewmate , is pretty good .. if not just a bit annoying since theres been a handful of doods already that could have been the next crewmate , whos still hanging out for jinbe ? when we have like 3 more canditates ( law , samuraiguy , monet ) i dont really buy any of it , i want my fishman punch back ... wow im rambling

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Knave

@envane: The next member will probably be an Astronomer female which hasn't been introduced yet.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By envane

@Knave: what arc are they in now in the anime ? fishman still ? not too far off , they will have to throw in some filler to pace themselves because the next arc is even sloooower (mabye nearing the end now but it will most likely jump into a even bigger arc that was setup earilier )

and i was just going off the last hint at a new member which was "a boss type" which made everyone think jinbe etc

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By YI_Orange

@Maajin: Yes. I love it. Also, I'm gonna go against some people and say start from the beginning. It stats off a little iffy, but once you get to Arlong it starts to get Awesome. If you don't like it after the Arlong arc, I don't think you'll like it. People saying skip to Enies Lobby/Water 7 aren't wrong, since that's arguably the best arc(though I personally really liked the saobody/impel down/marineford arc. Also, Trafalgar Law is a badass), but I always prefer to start things from the beginning, it'll make some things mean so much more and I think you'll be missing out on some important stuff if you skip so much. Especially since I except we haven't seen the last of a large majority of the characters.

As for the characters, they're some of the best there is for anime/manga in my opinion. Luffy is just awesome. If you've seen Legend of Korra, him and Korra have a lot in common, but Luffy is a more extreme version. Zoro is really awesome too. He seems like your typical quiet tough guy, but he's got a lot to him. The ending thing with him at Thriller Bark was powerful. Hell, I even like a lot of the minor characters. I do wish they would lean away from humor sometimes though.

This part applies to you and @FluxWaveZ: Read the manga. I usually prefer watching things too, and I watched a significant portion of the anime before switching to the manga, and it's the better experience. While the anime has the benefit of sound(and my god is it a benefit at one specific point...when you get to it, I recommend the anime version of Brooke's back story), and motion, the manga is paced a lot better. It's not even that there's too many filler episodes(though there are), they fill episodes with heavy breathing and shots of everyone gasping and stuff just to kill time so they don't get too close, it's annoying and really detracts from it.

Anyway, it's quite an undertaking, but it's worth it. Your heart will be wrenched.

Edit - @envane: Don't forget Paulie! There was a huge debate between him and Franky during Water 7. I wanted Paulie. Also, Smoker for crew! Calling it!

Edit2 - To everyone saying it's not gonna end, it is. Luffy is totally gonna die(executed is where my money's at right now) at the end and I'm gonna be sooooooooo fucking sad.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Knave

@envane: Yeah, it's still at Fishman. It's dragging so fucking bad, it came to the point where I'm considering just putting it on hold until this arc finishes. I really hope they make a filler arc after this one, so that way they can stop doing this 1 chapter per episode bullshit.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#31  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Simplexity: Yeah, they'll probably find the One Piece treasure at the end and Luffy will probably become Pirate King and that'll be the end of it, but fuck all if that's gonna happen any time sooner than "when the manga/anime stop making money." Here's hoping the ending is a bit more interesting than that after the length of the series, though.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@YI_Orange said:

This part applies to you and @FluxWaveZ: Read the manga. I usually prefer watching things too, and I watched a significant portion of the anime before switching to the manga, and it's the better experience. While the anime has the benefit of sound(and my god is it a benefit at one specific point...when you get to it, I recommend the anime version of Brooke's back story), and motion, the manga is paced a lot better. It's not even that there's too many filler episodes(though there are), they fill episodes with heavy breathing and shots of everyone gasping and stuff just to kill time so they don't get too close, it's annoying and really detracts from it.

Hm, I'll keep that in mind, but I don't know, man. Anime's always been the better experience than what I've seen in manga and the VA, music, animation and overall presentation is a big part of it.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By super2j

@envane: Ok maybe i was offbase with that one. But coming from Naruto and Bleach which are filler obsessed. Onepiece never seemed to have arcs that were useless. I didnt read the manga so maybe the filler arcs, if they were there, just didnt seem obvious. Remember, i skipped the first 200 episodes. And Shounen in general is not hard to predict, this is also kinda true of One piece, the difference is i never held that against it because there is enough madness surrounding it to make it interesting.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By super2j

@emem said:

I think One Piece is the funniest anime show I know, but just like some guys mentioned before, there are a lot of fillers and some episodes are quite boring (every show has that, though). I have to admit that I sometimes skipp fillers in Bleach or Naruto, but I watched every single episode of One Piece, so... progress seems a little less important here than in some other shows. But I personally never felt like they were stuck or not moving fast enough when it comes to the main plot.

One Piece is great, I like it a lot.

@super2j said:

Oh man, every single situation in which Luffy doesn't get something is pure gold... that simplicity is the best, it makes the character lovable and it made me laugh countless times (like really hard, almost getting side cramps).

I agree with everything u said. Some of the Bleach fillers were ok or good, i think i remember enjoying the zampacto revolt. But Naruto was so bad. Cookie cutter ninja's that he would tell them to believe. And he would save random village from random attackers. One piece episodes can progress slow, but once u get to the meet of the story and or fight it is a great pay off. Its almost like you invest harder. The nice thing about a backlog is u can skip rehashes and fast forward slow parts(which i never did).

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By emem
@super2j: Yeah, the Bleach filler you were talking about felt alright to me, too. Oh right, I just remembered one amazing Bleach filler, the one in which they showed Urahara's backstory and why he and the other group of guys had to leave Soul Society. Altough I'm not even sure if that was a filler, it seems too important. Anyway, I really like all of the characters who became the Visored... especially Hiyori Sarugaki, it's a real shame she is a completely different person now. Damn, I really like Bleach. ;)

And I think the fact that the flashbacks in Naruto sometimes annoy the hell out of me kinda makes Naruto my most favourite show out of the 3, because the main story is so damn good and interesting (as are all the characters). But every time they put in some childhood memories I go "nooooooooo, I want to know what happens next"! :p
Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Funrush

Read the manga. The anime's waaaaaaayyyyy too long.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#37  Edited By Icemael

Yeah, it's one of the few gems in the sea of shonen trash. I enjoyed it a lot until the Thriller Bark arc, when I stopped following it.

I've been thinking about starting over from the beginning since at this point I've forgotten most of what happened and would like to enjoy all the stories again (and maybe even get past the Thriller Bark story to see if the series returns to form after it), but it's so massive I'm afraid to begin. The anime has hundreds of episodes and the manga has upwards of 70 volumes... that shit is intimidating.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Petiew

Don't randomly jump into the water 7 arc like people have told you to do. One Piece is still a battle shonen but it places a lot emphasis on world building and character interactions. If you skipped say 30 volumes you'd miss out on what makes the series so great.
Don't worry about the length of it, if you enjoy the series you'll want to keep reading more of it.

@FluxWaveZ: How far into the anime are you? I started out watching it and really enjoyed it up to a point. There are still a select few episodes that are well animated and look great, but most of it looks terrible now. I tried watching some of the Impel Down episodes and they were doing a 1 chapter an episode thing. Tons of filler and it looked really bad.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By mesoian

Read the manga definitely. The anime is kind of tough because it follows the shonen style of everything taking so damn long. It's gotten to the point where it's a chapter pers episode at this point. It can be a real slog.

But the animation on some of the important events is UNPARALLELED. Shivers up your spine the way some things are done. That fact alone is why the assault on Marine HQ was such a dissapointment. I was expecting the Saving Private Ryan of anime, instead it was mostly "quality" animation.

Watch up through Arlong Park. If you're not sold by then, you never will be. But Arlong Park is what solidified One Piece's status as the best combat Shonen manga of all time.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By YI_Orange

@Icemael: You gotta start it again. Thriller Bark was a little weird following the brilliance of well..everything else, but it wasn't bad. I really enjoyed the very end of it as well, after they beat the big bad. And what follows Thriller Bark; Saobody/Impel Down/Marineford, is just awesome(I think the best arc so far, slightly edging out Water 7/Enies Lobby) and will tug at your heart strings so hard. Plus, it introduces a chunk of new characters with some really interesting ones.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

I absolutely love One Piece, to the point of naming myself to a on piece character on this site. Shame on anyone recommending Naruto instead of One Piece.

One Piece also has done its homework, basing its pirates on real existing pirates in history. It has some good humor in it, it's goofy but the action is always great. It can get dramatic at times. In short, it has everything. What stands out the most is the plot, how the creator can introduce plot elements in something like episode 14, only to explain it by episode 400. How it's written is always without some deus ex machina copout or some weird bullshit, it always makes sense. And the creator pulls off the adventureous side of piracy and sailing the world's seas really great.

You can never go wrong with One Piece. I recently watched episodes in the 10's and 30's...it's still great.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BraveToaster

@Simplexity said:

@BraveToaster: I defy you to find a manga without Cheesy dialogue.

Yes, quite a few do, but I can't really tolerate One Piece's compared to the few manga I do read.

Avatar image for irish_giant_bomber
Irish_Giant_Bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's better than naruto. That means you should check it out.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Petiew said:

@FluxWaveZ: How far into the anime are you? I started out watching it and really enjoyed it up to a point. There are still a select few episodes that are well animated and look great, but most of it looks terrible now. I tried watching some of the Impel Down episodes and they were doing a 1 chapter an episode thing. Tons of filler and it looked really bad.

I haven't started watching it at all. My only true exposure to the series was a few episodes on 4Kids, which I enjoyed as a kid, albeit apparently being a horrible effort.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#45  Edited By Lazyaza

One Piece is fucking awesome but make no mistake just like Dragonball Z and Bleach it's a massive time investment. I'd say overall the show is fantastic 70-80% of the time. It does have the same problem as all the big mainstream anime in that a lot of it feels really dragged out and padded but I'm certainly glad I started watching it years ago as I'm pretty invested now, which is good because apparently the creator said it's only about halfway through the overall story he wants to tell which means at least another 400 episodes to go on top of the existing 564.

The main cast has slowly expanded over the series, which for me has been one of the biggest draws as they're certainly some of the most unique characters of any show I've ever watched (anime or not). They've all gone through some cool and interesting arks and I really enjoy how the show can be so absurdly cartoonish at times and yet dead serious and kinda fucked up at others. The current saga is a story of oppression and racism but they've been dragging it out more than past sagas so it's getting a bit boring.

mrmanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mrmanga

Its not that easy to answer. You wouldnt really know before you watch it yourself.

In my opinion One Piece is amazing and one of the best animes and mangas to be made in a long time.

But thats just my personal opinion, not that many that share that view. The main draw to it for me though is how expansive the world and lore is.

Always happens something new and you can rarely guess what will happen or what they will do. And i really like the humor in it.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#47  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I think it is good. I have been reading the manga for probably like 6-7 years now and still look forward to when a new one comes out. It is very fun to read!

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NegativeCero

It's pretty much the only manga I still read. So that says something. I wouldn't watch/read all of it if I were you, though.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By LiquidPrince

It's the best fucking Shonen out there and my personal favorite anime. Watch the anime and then when you're caught up, read the manga. What you don't know is filler, won't hurt you, because even the filler episodes in One Piece are pretty good.

jlev880

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By jlev880

Yes I would most definitely recommend One Piece.