User Lists: 5

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Mirado

@musou: The ones that come from AudioNetwork are the easiest to find; a combination of understanding the keywords a song might be tagged with and the usage of music identifier apps like Shazam usually suss those out fast. Once I realized Shazam could pick up on these royalty free songs, I was posting them in-chat before the song was even over. I usually run everything through twice to make sure I don't get a false positive, but it's getting to the point that I recognize the names of the artists when they show up, and a quick search on AudioNetwork pulls it up for a comparison to the stream.

As long as I'm around for a live broadcast, I'll keep identifying any new ones that pop up as they happen. The Jurassic Lark stream wound up being a good haul; I only missed one song (nothing I had would identify it, leading me to think it wasn't a AudioNetwork clip), and none of the ones that I did find were already on the list.

It isn't foolproof (no luck finding that HTBAB Part 7 song that people want, for instance), but we'll probably catch a ton more from here on out, as even if I'm not around, it only takes one duder with Shazam to grab like 70% of their music.

EDIT: Any interest in songs from past broadcasts? I can probably find a bunch that were missed from older live shows, as long as those shows are available on twitch. If you have a specific song from an older broadcast that you'd like me to try my hand at, I can give it a look. No guarantee, but it's worth a shot.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By RafaelMei

@mirado: Oh, I had no idea Shazam would pick up on them! I usually use SoundHound and couldn't get anything when I tried, thanks for the tip!

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Mirado

@musou: Of course, sometimes you get a stream like this Professional Wednesday where you get absolutely fuck all out of it. I had one of the songs register as something different each time.

At least I found I Want You out of the pile.

EDIT: And Day of Doom.

EDIT: And Red Carpet.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirado: Got Day of Doom also, I'll be updating throught the stream here

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Mirado

@musou: Ok, cool. Now that you know my secret (such as it was, haha), I'll leave it it your capable hands for tonight. Have to run out.

Best of luck.

Duder_Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was the dubstep one from the DotA 2 TNT?

evil_gordita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By evil_gordita

Hey, while we have some eyeballs looking at the thread, can anyone confirm or deny if Back To The Hood appeared in any of the streams or videos? I want to say I heard it somewhere, but I can't say for sure.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By RafaelMei

@evil_gordita: I've certainly heard it somewhere too, I'll guess it was in some livestream. I'll put it up on OP.

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void: Ok, it's been added, thanks!

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Mirado
Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirado: Found that one too, it's already on OP. Sadly the other two didn't come up (the last one was cut real short unfortunately)

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musou: Ah, ok. Wasn't up there when I posted. And yeah, didn't get anything on the other two.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Mirado
RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By RafaelMei

@mirado: It's up there, thanks duder!

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By JouselDelka

this is one hip ass thread

hacksword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musou: The Robot Laser Death link in the first post actually links to the Duck Juice song.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hacksword: Just fixed it, thanks for the heads up!

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By RuthLoose
RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By RafaelMei

I just noticed this thread got pinned, that's awesome! To celebrate, I've done what I've been planning to do for some time and rearranged the post so that the descriptions (and thanks) are better displayed. Thanks for everyone's help and let's keep this library growing!

Also, I was wondering if anyone could do some sort of "cover art" for this? I'd do it myself but it would probably look like ass.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is magic, thank you all. I'll definitely contribute if I get the chance.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#127  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I have to thank Giant Bomb for highlighting these tracks, which some I have now used on my Audio Portfolio for my class-final. Thanks!

I petition to include Tootie Fruity. (I used 2) I reckon its pretty fucking great!.

audio network: Tootie Fruity

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: I second that feeling. Audio Network only came to my attention thanks to Giant Bomb and I've used a couple songs from them for college.

drewbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Just thought I'd hop in for some clarifications! The "TNT Theme" was correctly identified as "The Battleships" by @hamst3r in this thread. And the "E3 Bombcast Break Song" is "Ghetto Bird" from RoyaltyFreeMusic.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131  Edited By hockeymask27

@drewbert: If you could dig up the how to build a bomb 7 music that be beyond awesome.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drewbert: Oh man! Thanks for the help, we've been searching like crazy for those tracks!

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@musou: I think the first post got messed up.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoneCollecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musou: I was able to find the google cache of this thread before it was too late:

Song NameDescription
28 Hours a Day - Midnight BrownUsed in ILM and Video Reviews, among other stuff. From Jeff's band so not actually royalty free, I guess. (Thanks to @Snail)
Back To The HoodUsed before some livestream, can't quite point out which one. (Thanks to @evil_gordita)
Bounce It BigPlayed during waiting time for several livestreams. (Thanks to @void)
Call, ThePlayed before Monaco's TNT (05/02/2013). Aggressive dance groove with Middle Eastern vocal.
Cheeky HoodyFound during the latest (4/19) Unprofessional Friday. (Thanks to @mirado)
Crunk itUsed during the "Please Wait" before the GDC 2013 After Hours. (Thanks to the man himself, @drewbert)
Day of DoomPlayed before 04/09/2013 Professional Fridays. Orchestral, menacing. A little reminiscent of LoTR.
Do ItPlayed before Injustice's TNT.
Detectives in a CarPlayed right before 04/05/2013's Unprofessional Friday. (Thanks to @mirado)
Duck JuiceUsed on livestreams. Very quirky, kinda reminiscent of Rayman Origins. (Thanks to @evil_gordita)
E3 Bombcast Break SongAs the name says, used during breaks in the E3 Bombscasts. No idea on actual name or source yet. (Thanks to @DKWildz)
Fast EddieRemix of Love Birds, probably played at some point. (Thanks to @stalefishies)
Gypsy TattooUsed on GDC 2013 Day 2 After Hours Livestream. (Thanks to @crazer119)
HipstraBastion-sounding song. (Thanks to @TheHT)
I Want YouPlayed before 04/09/2013 Professional Fridays. (Thanks to @mirado)
The Liquid LoungeThird or fourth song in the newest (04/09/2013) Jurassic Lark broadcast. (Thanks to @mirado)
Lock DownUsed at the end of "Cop Show" in the Day Three Recap of their GOTY 2012 features. (Thanks to @ahgunsillyo)
Love BirdsThe whistle song Vinny was REALLY into some time ago.
Party HardPop song that has vocals saying Party Hard, no way to really be more specific.
Permission to LandPlayed on "Please Stand By" right before the start of the Bioshock Infinite spoiler livestream. (Thanks to @psychohead)
PC BobVinny used it once. That's all I got. (Thanks @alpha1)
Pimp My BassYear of the Bow theme. (Thanks to @chainreaction01)
Pious ReflectionLast song in the newest (04/09/2013) Jurassic Lark broadcast. (Thanks to @mirado)
Putcha In Da GraveyardPlayed during waiting time for several livestreams. (Thanks to @void)
Red CarpetPlayed before 04/09/2013 Professional Fridays. (Thanks to @mirado)
Robot Laser DeathUsed on Farm Simulator 2013 Quick Look. (Thanks to @monkey523)
Rock The RodeoUsed on GDC 2013 Day 2 After Hours Livestream. (Thanks to @dobschutz, but found by some hero on the stream)
Sin City BluesUsed on livestreams. Menacing, and dark, blues guitars and synths. (Thanks to @evil_gordita)
Sonic RequiemUsed before 05/03/2013's Unprofessional Friday. (Thanks to @mirado)
Stadium StompILM background song. (Thanks to @MattyFTM)
Street Wize GuizeUsed on "Please wait", very Hip Hop-ish.
Swing SistersUsed on livestreams. It's electro-swing, and jaunty as all get out. (Thanks to @TheFakePsychic)
Tinkle BlingSecond song in the newest (04/09/2013) Jurassic Lark broadcast. (Thanks to @mirado)
Those Gipsy GirlsUsed on the GDC 2013: After Hours Livestream Spectacular - Part 01 interim from about 40 minutes in. (Thanks to @dodgyc)
TNT ThemeUsed during TNT openings/waiting. (Thanks to @papercut)
Trick or TreatPlayed before Injustice's TNT.
TriplestepDubstep that starts with piano. (Thanks to @Eujin)
UrbaniteUsed in between segments in the game of the year videos. (Thanks to @Teoball)

Hope that helps.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By RafaelMei

@bonecollecta: You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I'm talking to @rorie to see if it's possible to revert the thread to a previous state, if that's not possible I've written down most of the songs that were on the list (including ones after that cache) and will make the table again.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#138  Edited By ahgunsillyo
BoneCollecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By BoneCollecta

@musou: I just checked and that google cache was from 5/9/2013. So I tried the bing cache and it was actually more up to date (5/14/2013):

SongDescriptionWhen was it used?Who found it?
28 Hours a DayFrom Jeff's Band, Midnight Brown, sick bassILM and Video Reviews, among other stuff.Snail
Back To The HoodDramatic hip hop with menacing string stabs & funky guitar riffBefore some livestream, can't quite point out which oneevil_gordita
Beats MeLaid back, Latin infused jazz hip hop with nylon guitar, funky bass & saxFirst song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Below Asteroids

An arrangement from EVE Online's Soundtrack, not actually royalty free

Third song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Bounce It BigMenacing & stabbing hip hop with unrelenting arpeggio synth riffsBefore several livestreamsvoid
Bubble BathVintage ballroom Cha Cha with quirky brass & chirpy fluteSeventh song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Café Jazz 2Jaunty French gypsy jazz underscore. Acoustic guitars onlyFifth song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Call, TheAggressive dance groove with Middle Eastern vocalPlayed before Monaco's TNT (05/02/2013)musou
Cheeky HoodyHip-Hop groove with vocals, big bass riff, Hammond & guitarsDuring the (04/19/2013) Unprofessional Fridaymirado
Clap Your HandsReggae dancehall with dark, urban bass lineBefore (05/10/2013) Unprofessional Fridaymusou
Coconut DreamsSundrenched, Hawaiian flavoured fun with lap steel guitar & ukuleleSixth song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Crunk itCrunk/hip hop stomper with dirty synths & male chantsBefore the GDC 2013 After Hoursdrewbert
Day of DoomOrchestral, menacing. A little reminiscent of LoTR.Before (04/09/2013) Professional Fridaysmusou
Do ItDirty riffs & beats instrumentalBefore Injustice's TNT (04/18/2013)musou
Detectives in a CarUrgent, retro funk with smooth brassRight before (04/05/2013) Unprofessional Fridaymirado
Duck Juice

Quirky fun groove with recorders, Jews harp & mandolin. Rayman Origins-ish

Used sparsely on livestreamsevil_gordita
E3 Bombcast Break SongHeavy beat with funky guitar licks.During breaks on the E3 Bombscasts. No idea on actual name or source yetDKWildz
Fast EddieRemix of Love BirdsProbably played at some pointstalefishies
Fiesta BravaLight pop Latin with big brass playingFourth song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Gypsy TattooPumping electro house with gypsy jazz guitar & zany vocal texturesGDC 2013 Day 2 After Hours Livestreamcrazer119
Hard HittaUrban hip-hop groove, with dramatic stabs & urban chantsBefore (05/10/2013) Unprofessional Fridaymusou
HipstraBastion-sounding songUsed sparsely on livestreamsTheHT
I Want YouUrban RnB pop instrumentalBefore (04/09/2013) Professional Fridaysmirado
Jazz Warriors 2Cool, fast, optimistic jazz underscore with walking bass line. No brassSecond song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Liquid Lounge, TheSlow & scratchy jazz bass & trip hop underscoreThird or fourth song in the (04/09/2013) Jurassic Lark broadcastmirado
Lock DownBombastic vintage soul with a driving groove, brass & male vocalIn the end of "Cop Show" in the Day Three Recap of GOTY 2012 featuresahgunsillyo
Love BirdsThe whistle song Vinny was REALLY into some time ago.Before/during/after various livestreamsmusou
Memories of BennyNostalgic, smooth 1940s big band. Featured clarinetEight and final song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Party HardClubbing pop song with quirky synths & auto tuned vocals. Kinda sounds like Ke$haBefore/during/after various livestreamsmusou
Permission to LandFunky electro instrumentalRight before the start of the Bioshock Infinite spoiler livestreampsychohead
PC BobChildren's song about a helpful policemanVinny used it once. That's all I gotalpha1
Pimp My BassYear of the Bow theme.A couple times on livestreamschainreaction01
Pious ReflectionPeaceful sombre choir & organ in big churchLast song in the (04/09/2013) Jurassic Larkmirado
Putcha In Da GraveyardDark spooky hip hop with pizzicato strings & Theremin-style leadDuring waiting time for several livestreamsvoid
Red CarpetDriving funk/big beat. Slap bass, vintage vinyl effects & sampled brassBefore (04/09/2013) Professional Fridaysmirado
Robot Laser DeathDistorted dubstep with choppy synth fx, building to phat rhythm dropFarm Simulator 2013 Quick Lookmonkey523
Rock The RodeoFunky, foot tapping banjo with dirty bass groove & solid dance beatsGDC 2013 Day 2 After Hours Livestreamdobschutz
Sin City Blues21st century urban blues with guitars, phat synths & stomp funkUsed sparsely on livestreamsevil_gordita
Sonic Requiem1980s 'new romantic' electro popUsed before (05/03/2013) Unprofessional Fridaymirado
Stadium Stomp

Electronica, Techno, Trance, Energetic, Fun, Hi-Tech, Synth Lead, Synth Pad

ILM background songMattyFTM
Street Wize GuizeMedium paced, urban hip hop vibe. Dark, with hits, scratches and loads of attitudeBefore various livestreamsmusou
Swing SistersIt's electro-swing, and jaunty as all get outUsed on various livestreamsTheFakePsychic
Tinkle BlingPhatt hip hop drums with high bell melodySecond song in the (04/09/2013) Jurassic Larkmirado
Those Gipsy GirlsGypsy dance party with accordion, cool breakbeats & smokin' Balkan brassGDC 2013: After Hours Livestream Spectacular - Part 01 interim from about 40 minutes indodgyc
TNT ThemeTNT opening, has Pirates of The Caribbean vibeTNT openings/waiting. No idea on actual name or source yetpapercut
Trick or TreatMysterious urban instrumental with fat beats, pizzicato strings & spooky FXPlayed before Injustice's TNT (04/18/2013)musou
TriplestepDubstep that starts with pianoUsed on various livestreamsEujin
Urbanite 2Urban, laid back Hip-Hop. No orchestral samplesUsed in between segments in the GOTY 2012 videosTeoball

Hope you can just get the thread reverted, that would be a lot easier. Also I didn't even know bing did caches...

@ahgunsillyo: Just trying to help. I really like GB's royalty free collection of music.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonecollecta: Dude... THANKS A LOT. Seriously, if for some reason this thread can't be reverted you just helped me immensely, you're a saint!

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#141  Edited By mrpibb

Restored the content from 3 days ago.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SeanFoster

I've always wanted a copy of the TNT theme, thank you so much!

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By RafaelMei

@mrpibb: Awesome! Thanks for the help dudes! TOP. MEN.

evil_gordita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#144  Edited By evil_gordita

@musou: Cool beans, duder! The list doesn't have the "TNT Theme" (The Battleships) and "E3 Bombcast Break Song" (Ghetto Bird) that @drewbert posted earlier on this page.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By RafaelMei
RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked up Robobop from the intermission of the Xbox stream. Pretty good beat on it.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanks so much for this thread, so glad I was able to find Robot Laser Death and Triplestep. After they played it yesterday they were stuck in my head the rest of the day.

smeddly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By smeddly

Yeah I could see Vinny using "PC Bob", Needs to be used alot more, for anything!!

criacow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Here's Storm Warning, which played right after Robot Laser Death before the Magicka test stream yesterday. (That was the chiptune-ish over filthy dubstep one.)