Jeff just crossed the line. I can no longer tolerate this.

• 155 results
jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jillsandwich

Jeff hates Red Dead? Alright, it's one of my favorite games of this gen, but whatever, to each his own. Jeff hates the movie Aliens? Alright, you're losing me, I gotta admit, but whatever...I can understand someone disliking that movie.

But...this? This is over the line. OVER THE FUCKING LINE.

(I'm basing this off the distant memory that Jeff once referred to DMB in a negative context, if I am wrong about that, please ostracize me)

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So Jeff hates DMB? Good, that band is god awful.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

You know.. There's good reason why I don't use Spotify. I don't give a flying-fuck what what the Giant Bomb staff thinks about music, but I like that Jeff 'introduced me to ..I forgot what. It might take me months to remember, some hardcore band with a pink cover.

So, I like that Macklemore album a bit. I think I used to like Dave Matthews' at some point. So, this stuff doesn't bother. And I love me some Red Dead, GTA, and Aliens. It just doesn't bother me.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

You know.. There's good reason why I don't use Spotify. I don't give a flying-fuck what what the Giant Bomb staff thinks about music, but I like that Jeff 'introduced me to ..I forgot what. It might take me months to remember, some hardcore band with a pink cover.

So, I like that Macklemore album a bit. I think I used to like Dave Matthews' years ago, at some point. And I love me some Red Dead, GTA, and Aliens. It just doesn't bother me.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Andorski

Sounds like he is complimenting DMB more than anything else.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

Sounds about right.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Ehh Jeff hates half the shit I like. Doesn't really matter to me.

Also what exactly does it mean now that he's "crossed the line"? Do you hate him now? Can't you no longer take him seriously? Or is this simply a statement that ultimately means nothing?

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Macklemore is cool, but remember Jeff comes from the era of Snoop, Dre, and the Wu. I can totally see how someone a little older may not enjoy the more modern style of Mack's music. Hell I love Action Bronson, but do I think everyone should? Certainly not. Also DMB sucks, sorry :(

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god damn, dave matthews band is cheesy as fuck.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By turboman

remember, Jeff also hates everything.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only person who should be taking this news to heart should be Dave from Happy Endings.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Jeff knows what's up.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Tarsier

yea he has pretty terrible taste , but im ok with it, he knows when to stop talking shit .

PS. he also doesnt like the half life games.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TyCobb

What the fuck is a Macklemore?

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff is almost a professional hater. I feel like the only things recently he has liked is Trackmania ("ironically"), Borderlands 1 (but not 2), Fast 5, and... that's about it?

He doesn't praise things very often. To his credit, though, he agrees with me in disliking stuff that's terrible but everyone loves like Final Fantasy VII and Zelda 64... so... I still like him.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff has bad opinions.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By Hailinel

@tycobb said:

What the fuck is a Macklemore?

A rapper from Seattle.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff is almost a professional hater. I feel like the only things recently he has liked is Trackmania ("ironically"), Borderlands 1 (but not 2), Fast 5, and... that's about it?

He doesn't praise things very often. To his credit, though, he agrees with me in disliking stuff that's terrible but everyone loves like Final Fantasy VII and Zelda 64... so... I still like him.

That's impressive considering he gave Ocarina of Time a 10 and has said several times it is one of the greatest games of all time.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't even wrap my head around his statement.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no problem with this tweet.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#23  Edited By Hailinel

@shady said:

@jazgalaxy said:

That's impressive considering he gave Ocarina of Time a 10 and has said several times it is one of the greatest games of all time.

I think he's referring to Majora's Mask, which Jeff is a renowned hater of.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with him actually. Macklemore is way overhyped as a rapper.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07:

Thanks for the video. So its the dude that did the song in the Microsoft commercial.

No clue how this pertains to Dave Mathews Band.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@jillsandwich: So? He likes Trackmania. I already can't take his personal tastes as a measure of what is a good game.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@shady said:

@jazgalaxy said:

Quite the feat.

Also calling that game terrible is the most hilarious thing. Even if you don't enjoy it. It was an astounding game when it came out. And it still holds up really well on the 3DS. And Jeff is right to have praised it so highly.

EDIT: And if @jazgalaxy is actually referring to Majora's Mask, he should have specified. I still really enjoyed MM but it wasn't nearly as good as Ocarina of Time.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Lukeweizer

I hate it how people have opinions as well.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Add this to the list of reasons why I love Jeff

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Jeff is like the Kindergarten Cop of Arnold Schwarzenegger films. 21st century HD collection versions, of course.

EndlessMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By EndlessMike

Dude DMB is garbage music for bros.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shady

@hailinel said:

@shady said:

@jazgalaxy said:

I think he's referring to Majora's Mask, which Jeff is a renowned hater of.

That makes perfect sense. Also, no one calls Majora's Mask Zelda 64.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By rachelepithet

Yeah, DMB would have made a Life of Pi ass looking music video had that movie existed in 1997. Slumdog Millionaire, too.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a weird line to draw in the sand.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff likes Skylanders, so what? To each his own.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am kidding, you guys. Just trying to be funny here.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff really really liked Syndicate, so anything he hates that is controversial is nullified.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By Video_Game_King

I have no idea what any of those words mean. He might as well have said, "Project X Zone is 2013's The Mystical Dragoons."

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JazGalaxy

@shady said:

@jazgalaxy said:

Quite the feat.

Also calling that game terrible is the most hilarious thing. Even if you don't enjoy it. It was an astounding game when it came out. And it still holds up really well on the 3DS. And Jeff is right to have praised it so highly.

EDIT: And if @jazgalaxy is actually referring to Majora's Mask, he should have specified. I still really enjoyed MM but it wasn't nearly as good as Ocarina of Time.

I could write a 10 page essay on why Ocarina of Time is a terrible, terrible zelda game, and in many ways a poor game overall.

Basically it has to do with the fact that most of the design decisions that went into the game were a result of Miyamoto being scared people wouldn't be able to play games in 3D, which set the design trend for the decline of Nintendo software. It's why Zelda, one of the greatest hack and slash games of all time, became Ocarina of Time: the greatest hiding, waiting, and blocking games of all time.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By villainy

@blu3v3nom07: Wow.. Thanks for the knowledge. That was awful. DMB kinda sucks too.

Overall I probably disagree with a majority of Jeff's opinions. I appreciate his experience and his honesty when dealing with his audience though so I'm happy to continue disagreeing with him.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JazGalaxy

@shady said:

@jazgalaxy said:

Maybe you're right. I can't remember. I just remember him saying recently that he coudn't care less abotu Zelda games and that they hadn't been good since they went 3d. I thought he was including Zelda 64 in that.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely agree with Jeff here (for once), even if I don't quite get what he's trying to say.

Anyway, Macklemore sucks.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bigjeffrey

Geoff hates everything.

Gef hate everythings

Jeff hates everyting

Jeff hates everything

even the things he likes

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By Animasta

the fact that 90% of the posters didn't get that makes me depresseed.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By joshthebear

No need to hate, it's a true statement.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jdh5153

I completely agree with Jeff here (for once), even if I don't quite get what he's trying to say.

Anyway, Macklemore sucks.

Agreed

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@jillsandwich said:

the fact that 90% of the posters didn't get that makes me depresseed.

Only serious posts, please!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Jeff dislikes a lot of stuff. I don't see how this instance is any more offensive than every other instance of this happening.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By development

I think the comparison he's making is really ambiguous and mostly wrong, but -- yeah -- Macklemore sucks. I typically agree with Jeff on things; he does have a slightly skewed and more tolerable taste in music than me, though (I hate Ska).

Also, out of all the Giant Bomb staff, his Twitter feed is the worst, even though he's one of the most amusing of the crew. Don't listen to it.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre said:

@shady said:

@jazgalaxy said:

Quite the feat.

I could write a 10 page essay on why Ocarina of Time is a terrible, terrible zelda game, and in many ways a poor game overall.

Basically it has to do with the fact that most of the design decisions that went into the game were a result of Miyamoto being scared people wouldn't be able to play games in 3D, which set the design trend for the decline of Nintendo software. It's why Zelda, one of the greatest hack and slash games of all time, became Ocarina of Time: the greatest hiding, waiting, and blocking games of all time.

Ha ha. I don't even know.