Just a thought about the wrestling thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Wouldn't it be more efficient if we had wrestling forums instead of having everything in one thread. That way people can make all different types of post example like if you want to talk about old school wrestling or talk about who your favorite wrestlers are ect... it just seems you would get more discussions on different wrestling topics doing it that way.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like the stream of consciousness, plus we pride ourselves on being the biggest and best thread on giant bomb.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video game website.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That would probably be better. Either way if you want to discuss old wrestling feel free to post about it, I'm sure there are people who would like to talk about it in the thread.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

That's how the wrestling thread started. The original idea was to turn the "Wrestling Ring" location page into a wrestling forum. We even had Jeff's approval but the mods shut it down and had us keep it all in one thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmblasko said:

That would probably be better. Either way if you want to discuss old wrestling feel free to post about it, I'm sure there are people who would like to talk about it in the thread.

@milkman said:

That's how the wrestling thread started. The original idea was to turn the "Wrestling Ring" location page into a wrestling forum. We even had Jeff's approval but the mods shut it down and had us keep it all in one thread.

Thanks guys that's all I needed to know.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rigas said:

Video game website.

Is it though?

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly if you feel like actually discussing topics like that, just throw them up in the thread because we've been pretty thin on actual discussion topics recently beyond "Hot takes on most recent weekly show". Actually that makes me think about maybe doing like a weekly topic to drive discussion a little better, though realistically I'm far too lazy to do that myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

The wrestling thread is unwieldy. I love pro wrestling but I avoid that thread like hot garbage. Thank God I'm in another forum that is a little goony but has a decent wrestling and mma board that can actually be deciphered by normal people.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mike

This is a site primarily about video games. The Wrestling Ring concept forum is for discussion about wrestling rings in video games - not pro wrestling. The reason why topics on wrestling and the like are restricted to Off Topic is because many people don't want to see Off Topic threads on the site. This way people can have their off topic discussion about Wrestling and Anime or whatever without bothering people who are here for video games. Many users completely hide all Off Topic discussion from their main feed, including myself, and we aren't going to force threads about Wrestling onto everyone else who has no interest in seeing them.

Anyway, there is already a wrestling thread and I don't think we need to have a topic about a topic. Also wrestling is bad.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@milkman said:

The actual problem with this is that it's not possible for users to hide wiki boards from the main forum view. Without that, the multiple threads would really start to clutter up the forums front door with a bunch of (yuck) wrestling talk. We speced out that idea at one point but got distracted with some other stuff. If we ever get that functionality in place, I'll probably revisit this idea and see if it'd make sense to allow for some of the less-used wiki boards to be used for this sort of thing.