• 61 results
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I definitely see the comparisons to 808's but I think Yeezus is a much more successful experiment than that album. The production reminded me of Tyler the Creator in a way but Yeezus holds my attention way better than any of Tyler's material.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Black Skinhead and Blood on the Leaves are my favorite. Only a few songs on the album I didn't think were great, but it's a good album, not his best album though

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Is this Kanye's new music video? FUCK NO!

Loading Video...

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Another pretty good rap album with some incredible taste in production, which, in my opinion, is by far Kanye's best asset, but I'm still bitter that it came out on the same day as Zomby's new album, which is god damn fantastic, and I'm sure'll get overlooked by the sorts of people who could push it into the public eye.

But yeah, Yeezus is pretty good. I still think Kanye's flow and basic wordsmithing is yet to catch up to his impeccable taste in production. He's yet to be pressured to do it, but he has to improve in that aspect. He has a consistent and interesting world view that I think could be effectively conveyed through the medium, but it just doesn't feel like he's pushing himself to do that in a more aesthetic and cohesive way, and honestly I'm getting a bit bored, because at this point I understand where he's coming from, but I feel like he could still work on delivery and writing so that one day he could slap me across the face with that view in the way art can with a premise that's already been estsblished, rather than simply saying "your corporation can't control me". But I also know I'm not in the majority in that.

But seriously go listen to that Zomby album (i.e. With Love)

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm enjoying it, thanks for asking.

Ransnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Am I the only one who thinks that Kanye is a talentless hack when it comes to anything other than producing ?

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Kanye has no flow. Best illustration of this ever was the song he was on with Common. Production tends to be interesting though.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too shallow. Try again, Kanye.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm In It, Bound 2, and Blood on the Leaves are perfect Summer Jam™ material. The rest of it is solid. Was very disappointed in the version of Black Skinhead though. Someone took out the screams and the line about LeBron which really deflated that song.

And no, it isn't fucking Death Grips, stop saying it is.

The production is really noisy, disjointed in places, and cold. I can definitely see the comparison to Death Grips.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrible production, most beats sound like one key hit over and over. But New Slaves, I'm in it, Blood on the leaves, and Bound 2 are alright. I"m in it is my favorite track, but i skip kanyes part tbh

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This album is money. That's all I can say.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By jakob187

It's a shit album. I'm all for experimental albums, but when it comes down to it, that's basically what 808s and Heartbreaks was...and it was stellar. It was good music as well as stepping out of his comfort zone.

Yeezus is just his attempt at splashing paint at a wall, putting a price tag on it, and selling it as "art".

One of my biggest problems with the album is that he rarely breaks the rap flow he basically does ALL THE DAMN TIME. Sure, every rapper has their own flow. However, he has a very specific timing that he does when using 4/4 beats. It's the flow that he uses at the beginning of the second verse in "On Sight", and it annoys the shit out of me because it's so fucking predictable.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Will somebody bring Kanye his damn croissants already?