Avatar image for captainlunchbox
Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

Edited By Captainlunchbox

So within the next few weeks, some stellar-looking fighting games will be coming out. It's bittersweet for me because I will have to choose carefully or I'll essentially be blowing all my money.

We got Fight Night Round 4 this week.
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger before the end of the month.
July 7 sees the release of The King of Fighters XII

Damn.

So the Fight Night demo really impressed me a lot. Love the way that game plays and feels. Not too many games recently have satisfied me as much as getting a first-round knockout with judicious and skillful play. Very rewarding.

Blazblue- Here's a tough one: Basically I'll play anything Guilty Gears related, and this is made by those guys and it looks phenomenal. I already bought into the sweet preorder deal. I usually wait for reviews on games I haven't played for purchasing them, but I dunno if I'll be able to for this one.

The recent quick look for KOF definitely has me intrigued. As a kid, I stuck mostly with Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, so I've never really had any experience with this series. I'm loving the amazing sprites and fluid animations. The special moves look killer, too. And, call me superficial, but the special moves in 2d fighters are what tend to wow me to an embarassing degree. To a purchase-or-rent degree.

Damn, again.

Decisions, decisions.

Comments?

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Captainlunchbox

So within the next few weeks, some stellar-looking fighting games will be coming out. It's bittersweet for me because I will have to choose carefully or I'll essentially be blowing all my money.

We got Fight Night Round 4 this week.
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger before the end of the month.
July 7 sees the release of The King of Fighters XII

Damn.

So the Fight Night demo really impressed me a lot. Love the way that game plays and feels. Not too many games recently have satisfied me as much as getting a first-round knockout with judicious and skillful play. Very rewarding.

Blazblue- Here's a tough one: Basically I'll play anything Guilty Gears related, and this is made by those guys and it looks phenomenal. I already bought into the sweet preorder deal. I usually wait for reviews on games I haven't played for purchasing them, but I dunno if I'll be able to for this one.

The recent quick look for KOF definitely has me intrigued. As a kid, I stuck mostly with Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, so I've never really had any experience with this series. I'm loving the amazing sprites and fluid animations. The special moves look killer, too. And, call me superficial, but the special moves in 2d fighters are what tend to wow me to an embarassing degree. To a purchase-or-rent degree.

Damn, again.

Decisions, decisions.

Comments?