Latest PPV and weekly show discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

@milkman: incoming Kurt Angle excuse of "My account was hacked"?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12002  Edited By turboman

ROH's facebook just updated with this:

Ring of Honor Wrestling respects and appreciates every fan regardless of age, gender, race, religion or sexual preference. The recent post by Jay Briscoe does not represent the views or opinions of Ring of Honor Wrestling, its owners, management or employees.

The comments is (unsurprisingly) filled with ugliness from both sides of the issue.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That is idiotic on Briscoe on so many levels.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't know how I feel about Jay Briscoe right now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...but come on dude. I love him as performer and I don't want his personal life to effect my opinion of him in the ring.

On a lighter note, Pizzamania is officially a thing today! Check out my #SWAG.

http://instagram.com/p/ZGSeMTJfYB/

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@papercut said:

I don't know how I feel about Jay Briscoe right now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...but come on dude. I love him as performer and I don't want his personal life to effect my opinion of him in the ring.

There's a drastic difference between voicing his opinions on gay marriage and threatening to shoot people. He crossed that line so I think we are all allowed to think of him as a complete dumbshit

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12006  Edited By turboman

So.... /wooo seems to have come up with an answer to there no longer being a synchtube. I should be able to come up with a Wednesday* Night Wrestling by Sunday. Is Sunday night a good time to get together?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12007  Edited By turboman

ROH just made another lengthy announcement about Jay Briscoe:

Jay Briscoe would like to again express his sincerest apologies and regrets to all, especially his young fans, for his recent hateful twitter comment. Ring of Honor has insisted that Jay also make a public apology at the Ring of Honor event this Saturday night. Jay will address the public during the event.

In addition to this apology, Ring of Honor and Jay have agreed that he will donate his full pay from the next two Ring of Honor events to the Partners Against Hate charitable organization. Partners Against Hate was created to help prevent, deter, and reduce juvenile hate-related behavior.

For more information on PAH, visit

http://www.partnersagainsthate.org/

So I guess that settles it.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Henry vs Sheamus at Extreme Rules is a strap match. Has there ever been a strap match that didn't suck? I hope the strap is just incidental and they don't go with the "touching the 4 corners" part because that always makes some of the most contrived wrestling drama I can think of

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12009  Edited By Milkman

@turboman: Pretty decent response from ROH. I'm glad they didn't just try to sweep it under the rug.

So Henry vs Sheamus at Extreme Rules is a strap match. Has there ever been a strap match that didn't suck? I hope the strap is just incidental and they don't go with the "touching the 4 corners" part because that always makes some of the most contrived wrestling drama I can think of

This is the best strap match, for my money. It also is a pretty good parallel for Mark Henry and Sheamus since like Vader, Henry is an awesome, giant killing machine and like Sting, Sheamus is an asshole sore losing weenie that everyone likes for some reason.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on you guys don't remember the CLASSIC EXTREME RULES STRAP MATCH of JTG VS SHAD?

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12011  Edited By papercut

@turboman: I think I can do Sunday. I think I might be able to throw a little something something in the mix too if that's ok.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mildmolasses: When they announced the match, they said it was four corners rules and not a normal match with a strap.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Jack had a cameo on the Daily Show tonight.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gorillamopena: Looks like New Jack might be a new correspondent, didn't catch the show tonight, but that's a pretty major accomplishment if he has a consistent job with TDS.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12015  Edited By MildMolasses

@drx25 said:

@mildmolasses: When they announced the match, they said it was four corners rules and not a normal match with a strap.

Well, then Sheamus wins when Henry splashes him into the 4th turnbuckle. That's how these always turn out, right?

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12016  Edited By dazzhardy

I only have one thing to say after listening to this weeks Art of Wrestling with Trent?

Jabroni

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12017  Edited By Milkman

@turboman said:

@gorillamopena: Looks like New Jack might be a new correspondent, didn't catch the show tonight, but that's a pretty major accomplishment if he has a consistent job with TDS.

It wasn't anything like that. It was just a cameo in this "Scared Straight"-like segment. He just ran in and yelled at some kids.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So, I was watching Smackdown and, during the main event of Ryback vs Chris Jericho, Josh Mathews seemed to have a psychotic break and became Ryback's cheerleader while calling out Michael Cole for being Cena's hype man (comparing him to JR with Austin). I don't know how to react to it, but I think I liked it.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12019  Edited By joshthebear

The Dazzler is unstoppable.

Loading Video...
bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Yeah, Jay Briscoe said some ignorant shit. Should he be punished? Absolutely not.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomorrow, TurboMan Proudly brings you:

WRESTLING IN 2013 IS NOT THAT BAD.*

Featuring a handful of matches from various wrestling promotions. This includes Chikara, PWG, NXT, NJPW, WWE, TNA(maybe), and Five Dollar Wrestling.

• Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano vs. The Young Bucks
  • Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kazushi Sakuraba
  • Cliff Compton vs. Big Donnie
  • Archibald Peck vs. Mr. Touchdown
  • Daniel Bryan vs. The Ryback
  • William Regal vs. Kassius Ohno
  • *Wildcard Match*
  • Okada vs. Tanahashi

So come join me, starting at 8 PM EST.

---

*brought to you by DiveKick

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bennym6 said:

Yeah, Jay Briscoe said some ignorant shit. Should he be punished? Absolutely not.

Yep. Freedom of speech and all that.

Really cool of him to donate 2 weeks pay, even though it seems kind like a shakedown on ROH's part.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#12023  Edited By damswedon

Oh wow, I didn't know Kenta Kobashi retired today.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmblasko said:

@bennym6 said:

Really cool of him to donate 2 weeks pay, even though it seems kind like a shakedown on ROH's part.

Not to get into this again but you don't have "freedom of speech" when you're representing a national company. He made himself and ROH look like shit. If you're going to be an ignorant asshole, you need to at least have the decency to keep it to yourself.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow, I didn't know Kenta Kobashi retired today.

Yeah, crazy. Too bad we never got to see another match between him and Samoa Joe.

@milkman said:

@cmblasko said:

@bennym6 said:

Not to get into this again but you don't have "freedom of speech" when you're representing a national company. He made himself and ROH look like shit. If you're going to be an ignorant asshole, you need to at least have the decency to keep it to yourself.

How'd he make ROH look bad? His words, not theirs. He's not the representative for the company, he is an entertainer who works for them. Anyone with a modicum of common sense would be able to separate the two, but of course ROH need to follow in the footsteps of every other cowardly company who are scared to death of angering oversensitive people. Just once I would like to see a company say "we completely disagree with this opinion, but support the right of our employee to express it."

Briscoe's been with the company a LONG time and made them a lot of money. He deserves better than to be thrown under the bus like that, even if his views are despicable and stupid.

And not to be snarky, but ROH are hardly a national company.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12026  Edited By Milkman

@cmblasko: He's totally representing their company. He's the world champion. I don't think someone needs to be "overly sensitive" to be a little disturbed by the fact that Briscoe said that he was going to shoot anyone who told his kids that gay marriage was okay. There's a big difference between "I don't agree with gay marriage" and "I'm going to shoot anyone who says it's okay." I don't understand how ROH is cowardly for not letting one of their employees spew hate speech in public.

Briscoe doesn't deserve anything after what he said. He should be extremely thankful that his punishment isn't much more severe. Think about your job and if you had said something like in a public forum, you probably wouldn't have that job anymore.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just started watching Raw after some time away from it.

"Ryback Rules"

Okay yeah this show is quite literally for children now and has given up on hiding it. Ryback is playing the big bully to Cena's "witty" everykid. I hate WWE again already.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

@cmblasko: He's totally representing their company. He's the world champion. I don't think someone needs to be "overly sensitive" to be a little disturbed by the fact that Briscoe said that he was going to shoot anyone who told his kids that gay marriage was okay. There's a big difference between "I don't agree with gay marriage" and "I'm going to shoot anyone who says it's okay." I don't understand how ROH is cowardly for not letting one of their employees spew hate speech in public.

Briscoe doesn't deserve anything after what he said. He should be extremely thankful that his punishment isn't much more severe. Think about your job and if you had said something like in a public forum, you probably wouldn't have that job anymore.

Does every movie company who signs Tom Cruise to play a role in one of their movies also endorse scientology and agree that psychology does not work?

And yeah, let's not pretend that Briscoe's comments were to be taken at face value. I'm totally sure he's never going to shoot anyone for doing anything. His comments were made on Twitter which is a public forum completely independent of ROH; as long as Twitter themselves are cool with allowing people to say what they want on their service then Briscoe's done no wrong on that front, either.

I'm pretty sure that neither my company nor anyone I work with follows me on Twitter, so my job would be safe. Not that I usually make my homophobic rants on Twitter, anyway.

Just started watching Raw after some time away from it.

"Ryback Rules"

Okay yeah this show is quite literally for children now and has given up on hiding it. Ryback is playing the big bully to Cena's "witty" everykid. I hate WWE again already.

Has Cena retorted with "No, Ryback DROOLS" yet?

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmblasko: Not yet. Does that really happen? I can't wait.

o.O What happened to Zack Ryder's hair!?

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12030  Edited By joshthebear

A solid picture of the streamers for Kobashi's last match.

No Caption Provided

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmblasko: Well, first off, as far as your Tom Cruise example goes, there was this guy named Mel Gibson who said some shit and didn't get a whole lot of work after that but I digress.

Here's the bottom line with the Briscoe stuff. You're right. He absolutely has the right to say whatever he wants. If he wants to go on Twitter and say he wants to kill gays, blacks, jews, whatever. Go right ahead. But Ring of Honor also has the right to punish him in whatever way they see fit. Don't act like Briscoe is suddenly the victim here and is receiving anything more than a slap on the wrist. He'll donate his money, give his apology (I have my doubts about how sincere that will be) and everyone will forget about it. He's incredibly fortunate that he happens to be an extremely talented wrestler as well as an ignorant asshole.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12033  Edited By musubi

Poor Ziggy. =( Also, I hope any and all kids Brisco have are all gay just so he can die from having an aneurysm trying to cope with this fact. Fucking Idiot.

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't the Briscoe stuff just in-character nonsense? At least, I assumed/hoped it was.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched ASW9 on Friday. Both shows were amazing. Night 2 for me is my current show of the year. PWG are the best in the universe.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12036  Edited By turboman

You guys don't know how much shit I'm going through just to get this Cliff Compton/Big Donnie match up... I can trim the video but the sound is lost everytime and I have to get sound through Soundflower and synch it up later...

But the match is worth it.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12037  Edited By bennym6

Jay Briscoe's apology: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n_3uZoUk5ag

It came off as very sincere.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't the Briscoe stuff just in-character nonsense? At least, I assumed/hoped it was.

The funny thing about all this is, prior to all this happening, I thought they were Puerto Rican. I've never heard them talk, and I remember seeing a giant star on their bandanas, which I thought was for the PR flag. They looked like hoodlums, and I thought their gimmick was that they were street thugs. I'm shocked to discover they are actually white trash. I'm not sure how racist that makes me

@turboman said:

You guys don't know how much shit I'm going through just to get this Cliff Compton/Big Donnie match up... I can trim the video but the sound is lost everytime and I have to get sound through Soundflower and synch it up later...

But the match is worth it.

I don't know much about Cliff Compton beyond the Deuce & Domino stuff, but the idea that he was in a match worth seeing is sort of freaking me out

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12039  Edited By turboman

@bennym6: I'm happy that he didn't come across as "I love gay people all of the sudden". He understood what part of what he said was over the line and apologized for it.

@gunslingerpanda said:

The funny thing about all this is, prior to all this happening, I thought they were Puerto Rican. I've never heard them talk, and I remember seeing a giant star on their bandanas, which I thought was for the PR flag. They looked like hoodlums, and I thought their gimmick was that they were street thugs. I'm shocked to discover they are actually white trash. I'm not sure how racist that makes me

They're actually really good at being white trash (and one of the very few in ROH that can cut a promo)... he's a good promo from them:

Loading Video...

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Been commissioned to draw a character called American Dream Girl. Hopefully, you guys can figure out why I'm having difficulty getting her drawn... if you wheel.

Loading Video...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently at the show where Briscoe apologized, he got rainbow streamers and someone had a sign that said "Marry Me, Jay!"

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12042  Edited By cmblasko

@milkman said:

@cmblasko: Well, first off, as far as your Tom Cruise example goes, there was this guy named Mel Gibson who said some shit and didn't get a whole lot of work after that but I digress.

Here's the bottom line with the Briscoe stuff. You're right. He absolutely has the right to say whatever he wants. If he wants to go on Twitter and say he wants to kill gays, blacks, jews, whatever. Go right ahead. But Ring of Honor also has the right to punish him in whatever way they see fit. Don't act like Briscoe is suddenly the victim here and is receiving anything more than a slap on the wrist. He'll donate his money, give his apology (I have my doubts about how sincere that will be) and everyone will forget about it. He's incredibly fortunate that he happens to be an extremely talented wrestler as well as an ignorant asshole.

I hear ya. Good talk.

@milkman said:

Apparently at the show where Briscoe apologized, he got rainbow streamers and someone had a sign that said "Marry Me, Jay!"

Brilliant response on the crowd's part.

@joshthebear said:

A solid picture of the streamers for Kobashi's last match.

No Caption Provided

THAT is cool. What an awesome sight. Really wish WWE were more open to the idea of big stars in other companies coming in to do short-term programs with some of their main eventers, or something similar. I want to see more Japanese and Mexican wrestlers in American wrestling.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12043  Edited By turboman

@cmblasko: WWE can't even manage their own roster, handling other people's roster would be hell.

REMINDER: Tonight is the return of WNW*, room opens at 7 PM EST and show starts at 8 PM EST. Come in at 7 for some gameshow funtimes.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Won't be able to make WNW* tonight. Gonna take Mamacut out for Mother's Day.

I wanted to be able to contribute a little something to tonight's entertainment as well but technical difficulties proved to get the best of me, so I guess I'll just make an announcement with no fanfare...

By the end of the month, the King Of The WarLoCs tournament will continue with the #BattleOfTheBears

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So that Mark Henry Bit with the two tractor trailers was nuts just watched the video on WWE.com dude is mad strong.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12046  Edited By musubi

@papercut said:

Won't be able to make WNW* tonight. Gonna take Mamacut out for Mother's Day.

I wanted to be able to contribute a little something to tonight's entertainment as well but technical difficulties proved to get the best of me, so I guess I'll just make an announcement with no fanfare...

By the end of the month, the King Of The WarLoCs tournament will continue with the #BattleOfTheBears

You got a new lappy then I take it?

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: I've actually had one for about a month but I had to take it in yesterday and get it replaced because it was defective. Had a warranty luckily. I swear I have the worst luck.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12048  Edited By turboman

Wednesday* Night Wrestling is back! With a wrestling pick-me-up due to WWE's dropping the ball of 2013 in general. Join us now for some dumb game show stuff. Show starts in an hour.

http://tube.420chan.org/r/PizzaTube

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since it seems that it must be considered, what should/would they do if Dolph Ziggler can't wrestle at Extreme Rules?

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since it seems that it must be considered, what should/would they do if Dolph Ziggler can't wrestle at Extreme Rules?

The answer is obvious to me

Bo. Dallas.