Laughed at for my Relationship Thread in a Video Game Forum.

• 142 results
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By HS21

Hey guys, I've been having some relationship troubles recently and decided that I would ask complete strangers on the internet for advice because I don't have any close friends that I can talk to about it. Actually my problem has nothing to do with a relationship, its the lack thereof. But now I've even more distraught and hurt than when I got rejected. When I took my issues to an internet forum I did not receive any help at all. No advice, no words of wisdom, no strategy that culminated in a public performance of an acoustic Coldplay song sung in public that would surely win the heart of the girl I pined for. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, nil. Instead, the only thing I received was mockery. Insults and harsh words were shoveled onto me adding on to the weight of the heartbreak that I had already been carrying for the last 3 years (I've been in love with this girl for 3 years btw). I was shocked and appalled. I was kicked when I was down and salt was poured on my wounds. I guess I was foolish for expecting better from a community more concerned about the score for a shitty block climbing puzzle game.  

Anyways, here is a screenshot of my relationship advice thread:  

Bigger: http://i51.tinypic.com/2jamed5.jpg 

Do you guys think that it was fair the way I was treated? It was nothing but mocking, death threats and insults being hurled at me. I honestly think that I deserve better than that. I thought that I could find a community of like minded individuals on the internet who would back me up and give me some genuine advice about my situation. I guess that was too much to hope for. I'll never make another relationship advice thread again, and neither should anyone else.    
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HS21

Hey guys, I've been having some relationship troubles recently and decided that I would ask complete strangers on the internet for advice because I don't have any close friends that I can talk to about it. Actually my problem has nothing to do with a relationship, its the lack thereof. But now I've even more distraught and hurt than when I got rejected. When I took my issues to an internet forum I did not receive any help at all. No advice, no words of wisdom, no strategy that culminated in a public performance of an acoustic Coldplay song sung in public that would surely win the heart of the girl I pined for. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, nil. Instead, the only thing I received was mockery. Insults and harsh words were shoveled onto me adding on to the weight of the heartbreak that I had already been carrying for the last 3 years (I've been in love with this girl for 3 years btw). I was shocked and appalled. I was kicked when I was down and salt was poured on my wounds. I guess I was foolish for expecting better from a community more concerned about the score for a shitty block climbing puzzle game.  

Anyways, here is a screenshot of my relationship advice thread:  

Bigger: http://i51.tinypic.com/2jamed5.jpg 

Do you guys think that it was fair the way I was treated? It was nothing but mocking, death threats and insults being hurled at me. I honestly think that I deserve better than that. I thought that I could find a community of like minded individuals on the internet who would back me up and give me some genuine advice about my situation. I guess that was too much to hope for. I'll never make another relationship advice thread again, and neither should anyone else.    
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

LMAO!

You just earned yourself a follow. Be proud, because only 9 other people have earned that achievement.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany

Your post does not looks serious. Neither do

Also, what did the admin say?

EDIT: Alright, it took me a second :)

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

who knows?  he mightve given you genuine advice...

*Edit*
just read the rest of the post and it was hilarious

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Red12b

goddamn you HS, goddamn you all to heck 

love it.

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By saethir

Hahahaha. Good stuff.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HS21
@Enigma777 said:

LMAO!

You just earned yourself a follow. Be proud, because only 12 other people have earned that achievement.

@Dany said:

Your post does not looks serious. Your 'humor' allows you to be made fun of.

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
why is it in russian...
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HS21
@Red12b: Kill with skill. 
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I had a serious reply typed out about how I've seen plenty of good relationship advice threads and how you shouldn't hang out at a place where you get treated like that, but then I read the screenshot.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By JCTango

I dunno if you were being sarcastic or not in this thread, but in all honesty, just because there are some that kick those who are down on their luck on the internet doesn't mean that everyone does that on the 'net.  Those that do are just doing that because they can get away with it due to anonymity.  

Personally if I ever mocked someone because of their real life troubles that are getting them upset, I wouldn't feel comfortable with myself.  Some people don't have outlets to turn to whenever they go through bad times.  Sometimes talking about it to people close to them makes them feel awkward.  Sometimes the best advice you can get is from strangers.  I know if I were going through some heavy stuff I'd wish that when I did decide to talk to someone about it, someone out there would be compassionate enough to at least listen and not put me down.

It's all about being in someone else's shoes.. because even though it may not be your (in general) situation, you may find yourself in a similar situation at any time.

Edit:  Alright, looks like you were being sarcastic.  Jokes aside though man, I know we may see these relationship advice type threads pop up once in a while, but still, I don't see why there should be a reason for people to put those people down.   I don't see how that helps anything.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By McGhee

Somebody get a translator in here, stat!

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Vonocourt

I hope that post in the pic was intentionally a jab at a specific user on this site, cause if so, that was amazing.

EDIT: I remember you now, so it definitely was intentional.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Claude

@Enigma777 said:

LMAO!

You just earned yourself a follow. Be proud, because only 9 other people have earned that achievement.

I follow over a 1000. You calling me a whore?

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Red12b
@HS21 said:
@Red12b: Kill with skill. 
Indeed
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HS21
@Vito_Raliffe said:
I had a serious reply typed out about how I've seen plenty of good relationship advice threads and how you shouldn't hang out at a place where you get treated like that, but then I read the screenshot.
I'd still like to hear it Raliffe. Perhaps it'll come in handy in the future. Lord knows I need all the help and lemon meringue that I can get right now. 

@JCTango: I get what you mean. Even I had to turn to the internet to ask for help, its just unfortunate that some people are just really mean spirited. I'd ask some people I know in real life for advice but somehow almost all of my conversations with people ends with me breaking dinnerware. 
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HS21
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Somebody get a translator in here, stat!

A drunk Russian that frequents these forums will wake up in about 4 hours. He should be able to help.  

@Vonocourt said:

I hope that post in the pic was intentionally a jab at a specific user on this site, cause if so, that was amazing.

I would never. 
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Video_Game_King

Space camp? Where? Near Venus? Say hi to PixelPrinny for me, apparently.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

It was pretty much exactly what I said. 

@HS21
said:
@Vito_Raliffe said:
I'd still like to hear it Raliffe. Perhaps it'll come in handy in the future. Lord knows I need all the help and lemon meringue that I can get right now. 

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HS21
@Video_Game_King said:
Space camp? Where? Near Venus? Say hi to PixelPrinny for me, apparently.
Yeah things are getting heated here. Might have just discovered a new planet. Its an overly enthusiastic planet with glasses too small for its head.  

@Vito_Raliffe: I was just hoping you'd elaborate is all. 
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Claude said:

@Enigma777 said:

LMAO!

Claude. You're a whore.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Claude

@TheMustacheHero said:

@Claude said:

@Enigma777 said:

LMAO!

Claude. You're a whore.

Damn you. I would unfollow you, but I'm a whore.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Kyreo

@Claude said:

@Enigma777 said:

LMAO!

I think your just friendly.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By beforet

Great post, sir! I kind of feel bad for that admin; you just know his forum regularly gets douchbags from here (not calling you a douchbag...well I am but I mean it lovingly, dammit!).

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Red12b
@Beforet said:

Great post, sir! I kind of feel bad for that admin; you just know his forum regularly gets douchbags from here (not calling you a douchbag...well I am but I mean it lovingly, dammit!).

gamebomb . ru
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HS21
@Red12b said:
@Beforet said:

gamebomb . ru
I hope THOSE guys give Catherine a better rating. CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES. 
beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By beforet

@Red12b: Oh, I understand the name and the plagiarist nature of the site's design (if that was your point). That's why I think it must periodically get "visitors" from us. Still can't help but feel bad.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By napalm

Wait a tick... was that GameBomb.ru?

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FreakAche

I forgot about GameBomb!

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HS21
@Beforet said:

@Red12b: Oh, I understand the name and the plagiarist nature of the site's design (if that was your point). That's why I think it must periodically get "visitors" from us. Still can't help but feel bad.

I feel a little worse that it was an admin leading the charge of insults aimed at me.  

@Napalm said:
Wait a tick... was that GameBomb.ru?
You mean the best source for news, reviews, previews and videos related to vidya games on the net? You bet your bottom dollar. 
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Red12b
@HS21 said:
@Red12b said:
@Beforet said:

gamebomb . ru
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN!
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HS21
@FreakAche said:
I forgot about GameBomb!
They haven't forgotten about you. Part of their sign up process involves them attempting to get you to install a keylogger on your system under the guise of 'games.exe'.
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HS21
@Red12b said:
@HS21 said:
@Red12b said:
@Beforet said:

gamebomb . ru
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN!
THESE WOUNDSSSS THEY WILL. NOT HEEEEYAAAHLLLLL.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By napalm
@HS21: This all makes way more sense now. I mean, it still doesn't make any sense, but it's more sensible then, I mean it's... it's still crazy and ridiculous, but in a way that makes sense... in some crazy alternate universe... or something.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Red12b
@HS21 said:
@Red12b said:
@HS21 said:
@Red12b said:
@Beforet said:

gamebomb . ru
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN!
THESE WOUNDSSSS THEY WILL. NOT HEEEEYAAAHLLLLL.
SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU! x2
MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By MisterMouse

I like lemon meringue pie...

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Enigma777

@Claude said:

@Enigma777 said:

LMAO!

No, you just know how to work the corner.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DG991

I lol'd

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FreakAche
@HS21 said:
@FreakAche said:
I forgot about GameBomb!
They haven't forgotten about you. Part of their sign up process involves them attempting to get you to install a keylogger on your system under the guise of 'games.exe'.
Why possessed you to sign up for a GameBomb account?
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HS21
@Napalm said:
@HS21: This all makes way more sense now. I mean, it still doesn't make any sense, but it's more sensible then, I mean it's... it's still crazy and ridiculous, but in a way that makes sense... in some crazy alternate universe... or something.
Now you're thinking with portals.  

@pyromaster222 said:
I like lemon meringue pie...
I respect that. 

@Enigma777 said:

@Claude said:

@Enigma777 said:

LMAO!

Something Hitler Pikachu would totally say. 
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Red12b
@FreakAche said:
@HS21 said:
@FreakAche said:
I forgot about GameBomb!
why possessed indeed
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By napalm
@HS21: I feel like your story should have ended with, "and then I dunked my dick in the lemon meranqueiuque pie. Repeatedly."
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Enigma777

@HS21 said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Claude said:

@Enigma777 said:

LMAO!

People have expectations of me. I can't let them down.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FreakAche
@Red12b said:
@FreakAche said:
@HS21 said:
@FreakAche said:
I forgot about GameBomb!
why possessed indeed
Haha! Whoops! You know what, I'm not even going to edit that! I should probably go to bed soon. I can`t form coherent sentences anymore.
DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DG991

@Napalm: With supreme accuracy.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Claude

@Enigma777 said:

@HS21 said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Claude said:

@Enigma777 said:

LMAO!

People have expectations of me. I can't let them down.

I might be a whore. But you're a bitch.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By joshth

Really tempted to google translate that.  Great post.
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HS21
@Red12b said:
@FreakAche said:
@HS21 said:
@FreakAche said:
I forgot about GameBomb!
why possessed indeed
He's possessed by the ghost of shit grammar. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HS21
@Napalm: I heard they made a movie about that. 

@joshth said:

Your avatar looks like he's straight out of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. You should be fluent!
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kingzetta
@Claude said:

@Enigma777 said:

LMAO!

yes
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kingzetta
@HS21 said:
@Napalm: I heard they made a movie about that. 

@joshth said:
Your avatar looks like he's straight out of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. You should be fluent!
it's from 999 actually