Least favorite album by your favorite artist?

Phazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Phazon

No artist is infallible.  They all fuck up at least once.  Out of all the musicians that are our favorites, what's you most hated work by that artist? 

St. Anger by Metallica was just plain bad, even by Metallica's '90's standards.  They basically made Kirk Hammett sit in the backseat while Lars and James (who was gone for half the record) fronted the album with awful drum production, irritating vocals, and mediocre lyrics.  And let's not forget Bob Rock had to do the bass himself.  I knew Metallica was on a slippery slope after Reload, but damn, the album was mainly shit.  It's like they were trying to be nu-metal and actually failed at it, which is a new level of fucking up.  Thank God Death Magnetic was more than halfway decent.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sopranosfan

My favorite band is probably Green Day and I don't think they have made a bad album.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Undeadpool

Mine is, somewhat ironically, the same as OP's. That album was a MESS. Most recent one wasn't terrible, though.

hai2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By hai2u

pablo honey by radiohead, sux so much compared to the rest of their work. but it was their first album so it's understandable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5add09f309aed
deactivated-5add09f309aed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hullabaloo by muse... D:

Noodlearms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Noodlearms
@hai2u said:
" pablo honey by radiohead, sux so much compared to the rest of their work. but it was their first album so it's understandable. "
I feel the same way and Radiohead used to be my favorite band aswell. My favorite band is Animal Collective and I can't name an album I don't like by them.
luchadeer797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By luchadeer797

Intimacy by Bloc Party is by far there weakest album when compared to Silent Alarm and Weekend in the City, they just got too far away from their original style.

Pox22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pox22

Ummagumma by Pink Floyd.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Our Love to Admire by Interpol. It's half good, but there are some serious low points.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By meteora

Minutes To Midnight by Linkin Park. 

After Meteora, they changed their music, which probably isn't nearly as good or unique as their original sound. Hoping they return to their electronic roots.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By sixghost

Daft Club by Daft Punk. It may not count, since it's really just a collection of remixes of their songs, but holy shit is it terrible.

Their worst original works has to be Human After All. All the songs work great when used in a mix like they did in Alive 07, but it doesn't hold up the slightest bit when you listen to the album alone.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By dethfish

Load, Reload and St. Anger are in a dead heat for crappiest Metallica album, in my opinion.

lilgroc78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lilgroc78

Only that sticks in my head would be Kanye West-808's and Heartbreaks. Auto-tune? Really????
Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Synthballs
@sopranosfan said:
" My favorite band is probably Green Day and I don't think they have made a bad album. "
American Idiot and anything after falls in that category...

The whole Mezmerize/Hypnotize thing System of a Down did. It wasn't bad but, it wasn't great.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By xyzygy

Radiohead's Pablo Honey. It was said before but man that album is so different and bad when compared to the absolute genius that is all their others albums. It was their debut album and there was pressure to fit into a certain type of music back in the early 90's. They realized this and told their label to piss off, and started making the music they wanted to make. 

Also, didn't really like The Division Bell by Pink Floyd, but oddly enough High Hopes is one of my favorite songs by them. Maybe I just haven't given the album much of a chance.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Vonocourt

Mine's kind of a copout. Melvins worst album is definitly Prick, intentionally so. They pretty much dicked around in the studio for a day or two and made a album just so they could properly fund their next album Stoner Witch, which is one of their best. 

But for actual albums, I'm not particularly fond of Hostile Ambient Takeover or Honky, I'll have to listen to both of them again to decide which one.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By DanielJW

I like Daft Punk a lot, but I'm not really a fan of the majority of their "Homework" album. 

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By fini_fly

I don't know if I have a 'favourite' band, but there are plenty that I like that put out bad albums. For instance, Incubus with Morning View. That album was awful.

rhodric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By rhodric

relapse by eminem. god that album was horrendous.
also as a huge imogen heap fan, i hope she apologizes for her newest album.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By TheKidNixon

Favorite band is Violent Femmes, and their worst album by a landslide is Rock!!!, which only was recorded in the first place because of contractual obligations. It was recorded and the band realized it was so bad, that they tried to just release it in Australia. However, the people who fronted the bill for the recording sessions felt like they deserved to get a bit more of  a kick-back, and sold the rights to the album to Mushroom, a label I've never heard of otherwise. Truly, truly awful, and was almost the last LP that the Femmes recorded. Thankfully, they tried one more time to patch things up before they started suing each other and we got the uneven but still better Freak Magnet, and then the AMAZING cover of Crazy they did as their last song ever.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Metallica's is obviously St. Anger, Eminem's Encore was his worst

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By BabyChooChoo
@rhodric said:
" relapse by eminem. god that album was horrendous. "
YES. The only song I didn't fully hate is Old Time's Sake 

Battle of the Sexes and Theatre of Mind by Ludacris make me cry at night.