• 68 results
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JasonR86

So I live in a suburb in Washington state with three other people in a house that is located in a cul-de-sac. We all have cars and I own two jet-skis that I keep on a trailer on our pavement entryway next to one of our cars outside of our garage. Our garage is small and can only fit one car. Right now we don't have a car in there because it is full of shit but even if it wasn't full I would still be dealing with a unique problem. It is important to note that we all have cars so even if I didn't have my jet-skis one of us would be forced to park on the street outside of our house. So, at the moment, two of us park outside of our house. Not on the sidewalk. Not in the middle of the road. Outside of our own, personal house off of the road but, again, not on a sidewalk.

SO, I have neighbors who apparently are bored and lead meaningless lives because they have found the cars parked outside of my house, MY HOUSE I would like to restate, as being bad. On either side of our cul-de-sac road are no parking signs with arrows that point in both directions. So that would mean that across that road into infinity we can't park there. Meaning I can't park in front of my own house which is located in a cul-de-sac away from traffic on main roads because, again, we are in a cul-de-sac. But most people don't care because, again, we are in a fucking cul-de-sac. BUT one little person, at least, is just furious that I would have the nerve to park in front of the house that I own. So they've called the cops twice to complain about my personal car parking in front of my personal house in a cul-de-sac. A cop has come out twice and finds this whole thing idiotic. My roommates find it idiotic. I find it idiotic. GOD probably finds it idiotic. But because of this one, at least, miserable, shitty person I have to call the county and explain my situation so they can come out and take down those fucking signs. I have to take time out of my day to speak to government employees who I pay with my taxes so I can get more government employees to come out and take down the signs on my dime. All because one miserable mother-fucker is bored and hates life, this world, and the rest of us who live in it.

...so I guess what I'm saying is fuck neighbors.

Tell me some stories of fucked up neighbors and hopefully how those fuckers got their comeuppance so I can experience some semblance of catharsis.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NegativeCero

Sorry to hear your neighbor is an annoying dick. I actually like my neighbors because they are older people who don't bother anyone and are actually friendly. Although my third neighbor occasionally blasts the worst music (including religious music), but they seem cool otherwise.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rpgee

I dislike Neighbours.

Oh you mean actual neighbours? I feel pretty lucky in that mine are pretty chill and we get along well together, but that person sounds like a twat.

What you should do, if you have the nerve, is to go around and ask your neighbours if they know anything about it. If they don't, and don't look like they're acting odd, then feel free to complain about it with them. You may even become friends. If they do act odd, call them out on it, but try and be civil and understanding about it. That way, it puts the screws on them, since they suddenly feel their anonymity slipping away.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

My neighbours are alright, when I was younger they ran me to the hospital when I fell into a glass door.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

@JasonR86 said:

So I live in a suburb in Washington state

So do I :O. Furthermore, you should instead use bold or italicize instead of CAPITALIZING your words. Other than those two off-topic things, I'm sorry to hear you have bad neighbors. All of mine are quite.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I live in Michigan, and my neighbors are the stereotypical old couples that flock to Florida during the winter. When they're actually here in the summer, they lurk inside their house or get the mail, so I can't complain.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous

The house I grew up in was in a culdesac and there were no less than four to six cars parked in it at any given time.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JasonR86

@NegativeCero: @NTM:

Thanks for the condolences.

@RPGee:

He's a huge twat. Or she. Or them. I don't really know.

@Hizang said:

My neighbours are alright, when I was younger they ran me to the hospital when I fell into a glass door.

Jesus Christ dude.

@ajamafalous said:

The house I grew up in was in a culdesac and there were no less than four to six cars parked in it at any given time.

And yet the world somehow continued to spin, I imagine masses of people didn't die in that cul-de-sac, and everything was ok. Weird how that works.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SexyToad

Hey I live in Washington as well! Well once my neighbor pulled a gun on me. My cat didn't come back so I went outside to get him. I heard him meowing so I went on the otherside of the fence to get him. The neighbor came out and saw me, she went back in and got her wife? (she may or may not be lesbian) and she came out with a rifle. I explained the situation and thankfully was not shot. I got my cat and went home. I don't think my neighbors are mean, they sound nice, when they're not pointing a gun at me.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Animasta

I used to live in an apartment complex in Oregon so our neighbors really didn't factor that much. They made too much noise from time to time but it wasn't that bad.

I then moved to north LV and despite being in a lower middle class neighborhood and despite all the horror stories I heard about mexican neighbors (Oregon was white as hell ok), the neighbors are all fine; the most annoying part was this dog that barked a lot but those neighbors moved and now a family with 3 kids moved in who are much less noisy at night, which is helpful. Much better than a previous apartment complex I lived at when I was 10 which turned out to be full of meth addicts (ah salem, what a wonderful city).

Also I have now learned to hate mariachi music with a vengeance.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By McGhee

Rather than complaining wouldn't it be better to start finding ways fuck with him?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

My next door neighbour once tried to kill me and my mates because he was drunk and thought it was like 5am in the morning, though it was actually around 2pm. He was smashing down on my door with a golf club, and I can distinctly remember playing Tales of Symphonia in coop when this was all going on... Hate how I have to associate such a great game with my life being threatened >_> In any case after sneaking downstairs (which included having to walk past the very door he's smashing down), we then ran across all of the street neighbour's backyards and called the police - whom at first didn't even believe us when I called up the first time while we were upstairs.

Guy's a complete tosser anyway and has a history with turning into a fucking psychopath after a little too much to drink. He actually repaired our door the next day (had to, as apart of his community service), but I remember he'd always mutter some bullshit and call me names under his breath whenever I'd walk past on the street. Pretty typical UK estate drama, though, especially in an estate like Seacombe, which is sometimes referred to as Seascum... Kinda fitting, frankly. Fortunately none of my family live there anymore, and there's nothing else quite as colourful to report when it comes to neighbour relationships.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SexyToad said:

Hey I live in Washington as well! Well once my neighbor pulled a gun on me. My cat didn't come back so I went outside to get him. I heard him meowing so I went on the otherwise of the fence to get him. The neighbor came out and saw me, she went back in and got her wife? (she may or may not be lesbian) and she came out with a rifle. I explained the situation and thankfully was not shot. I got my cat and went home. I don't think my neighbors are mean, they sound nice, when they're not pointing a gun at me.

Make two grammar mistakes in a sentence if they are standing behind you holding a gun.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JasonR86

@McGhee said:

Rather than complaining wouldn't it be better to start finding ways fuck with him?

I'm not going to sink to that person's level. That and I don't know who it is exactly.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By McGhee

@JasonR86 said:

@McGhee said:

I'm not going to sink to that person's level. That and I don't know who it is exactly.

Well that's boring. Our yard was being flooded just from the natural flow of water through the gutter on one side, but it wasn't flowing out the other way across a driveway. There use to be a tube under the drive that was removed at some point when ownership of the drive switched hands. What it basically comes down to is that we wanted to put another drainage that would go under the drive, allowing the water to flow into the neighbors yard. But he flipped out, first threatening to sue, and then threatening us with the fact that he use to be a cop and still had cop friends. So we didn't do the drainage pipe. Instead, a while later, with permission of the owners of drive, we had the whole driveway grounded down and then new gravel put down. The level of the driveway is now low enough for water to just flow right over the top of it. HA! Now we only have a small pond in our front yard when it storms instead of a small lake and that asshole gets his fair share of it too. That's how you do it.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I also live in Washington, but my neighbors are cool. The guy who lives next to me is an ancient Japanese man named Yoshi. He likes my cat.

@McGhee said:

Rather than complaining wouldn't it be better to start finding ways to fuck him?

Yeah, this.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By SSully

@Yummylee: I like how he broke down your door, and somehow thinks its right to curse you under his breath. Fucking people.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Toxeia

I'll need pictures of the situation before I make any kind of decision on who and to what degree is being a dick. Could be it clutters up the neighborhood and they don't appreciate how it messes with the flow - or your cars could look like shit. There are other things that come to mind, but they're unrelated to the placement of No Parking signs.

@Yummylee: It's funny how if you were in Texas that story would have gone like this. "I was playing Tales of Symphonia when my neighbor broke into my home with a golf club, drunk, and threatening my life. So I shot him in the face."

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JasonR86

@Toxeia said:

I'll need pictures of the situation before I make any kind of decision on who and to what degree is being a dick. Could be it clutters up the neighborhood and they don't appreciate how it messes with the flow - or your cars could look like shit. There are other things that come to mind, but they're unrelated to the placement of No Parking signs.

@Yummylee: It's funny how if you were in Texas that story would have gone like this. "I was playing Tales of Symphonia when my neighbor broke into my home with a golf club, drunk, and threatening my life. So I shot him in the face."

Ugh. So I'll get pictures later but there is enough room on the road for two cars to pass one another safely on that road with cars parked on both sides of the road. We aren't parked on the sidewalk either. There are no safety issues. Plus it is my house and I deem the area outside of my house as my area to park. The no parking signs being there are dumb and the cop I spoke to agrees. I'm getting those fucking signs torn down on Monday because they shouldn't be there. It is irrelevant to me if people find my car to be beautiful or ugly just as I don't care what color a person decides to paint their house or if they decide to keep a pet snake or whatever other shit they do on their property because it is none of my business just as my car, in front of my house, is none of their's. Fuck flow or clutter or whatever bullshit excuse some asshole wants to use to butt into my personal business and dictate what I do on my property.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By Castiel

@Toxeia said:

Another version of this would be: It's funny how if you were in Texas that story would have gone like this. "I was playing Tales of Symphonia when the postman knocked on my door. So I shot him in the face."

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Morrow

Don't even get me started...

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wjb

That's the suburbs for you!

People complain because everything is an eye-sore to them and they are worried about their property going down or whatever. I don't mind as long as I can get out of my place without incident. People really just have too much time on their hands or they really are that out-of-touch with what is considered real problems. "But his Spanish tiles are the same color as ours!"

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sanity

My neighbors let there 5 year old kids play in the middle of a intersection and light garbage fires in the middle of town. I hate Pennsylvania.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jimbo

Libby would have got it, big time.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JP_Russell

I don't really agree that the cul-de-sac immediately alongside your property is, well, part of your property, but your neighbor sounds like they're being dumb.  Probably.  I'd need to see pictures to be sure, too, I guess.

Don't think I've ever really seen a cul-de-sac with cars parked in it, but I know I definitely hate driving through neighborhoods where practically the entire road is plastered with parked cars on either side because nobody wants cars parked on their precious crabgrass.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26  Edited By Cincaid

Me and my girlfriend live in an apartment complex, and everyone in it is totally fine. Except for one guy, who I believe is completely insane. He's in his mid-40s, yet still lives with his extremely old mother, and you could often hear them yell at each other when you took the elevator up to our floor.

This guy is the classic "I must protest everything everyone does, no matter what it is"-kind of guy. Our city planned to build a new house across the street from ours, which apparently my neighbor felt was like asking Satan to invade earth, because for 2 months straight he went around the complex knocking on doors trying to get people to sign his petition since the new house would block off the sunlight. Four times we told him we weren't interested in his petition, but the fucker wouldn't let it go. He also patrols the neighborhood, asking strangers who pass our house to not smoke or ride their bicycles too close to the house due to the extreme dangers of those things. I also saw him once shoving in a fat stack of free newspapers into his own mailbox. In other words: a total nutjob.

Today I wonder if he's (finally) been institutionalized, because I haven't seen him for months. Good riddance.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By bushpusherr

I also live in Washington. Never had any problems with neighbors in my apartment area...but maybe that's because I'm so busy dealing with the worst roommates I could have imagined.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Toxeia

@Castiel: That postman knows what he did.

@JasonR86: Just because it's your property doesn't give you the right to do whatever the hell you want on it. You can't strut around naked, or let your grass grow to the point it makes everything look like shit, or park cars on your grass. That's some really shitty stuff to do to your neighborhood. If indeed your cars are not on cinder blocks, covered in house paint, and blocking traffic then yes, your neighbors are dicks. Also, curious - what area does the No Parking designation cover? Is it the entire neighborhood, entire cul-de-sac? Some how it feels like they just put up a "Hey Jason, you can't park here" sign right in front of your house.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JasonR86

@Toxeia:

The no parking refers to the entire cul-de-sac...for now. I just want my neighbors, strangers, my government, the entire fucking world to leave me the fuck alone as long as I'm not putting anyone in harm's way. My car is a 2013 Ford Focus. It looks great. Best looking car in the cul-de-sac. But even if it was a piece of shit I would want people to leave me alone. It's a preference thing and I know people disagree with me but I don't care. Everyone! Leave me alone!!!

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Mine are fine. I have not seen of heard them of it's all good.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Canteu

@Toxeia said:

You can't strut around naked

The hell I can't!

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

My neighbors are all old people. And since I pretty much lead a quiet life, we never clash.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By BabyChooChoo

They house I grew up in had great neighbors, but I moved into an apartment last year and fuck my neighbors.

These have to be some of the rudest motherfuckers on the face of the earth. Every-fucking-day, they crank their sound system to what I assume is the maximum volume and then just let it go for hours. I wish you could hear how loud it is because it doesn't make any fucking sense. The worst part of it all is that time of day means nothing to these people. 7 A.M.? No fucks given. Noon? Not one fuck. 5 in the afternoon? Who the fuck cares. Midnight? Don't fucking care.

It's baffling how people can be this rude. I call the front desk to complain every goddamn time and every time they come, tell them to turn down the music, leave, and the music slowly works it's way back to the original volume. I'm about one step away from calling the cops.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kmdrkul

Egg their house.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sploder

We had to be escorted out of our house by armed policemen when some pikeys threatened to kill my brother and was waving around a katana. We were subsequently moved into a house next to an unmedicated schizophrenic woman who attempted to attack my mother and was stopped by me. Now we're in an okay place.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CaLe

My neighbours are lesbians with about 5 kids. I'm not sure how that worked out exactly, but it did. They have one kid who is crying about 60% of the time, which is great. Sometimes a guy in his 20s also lives there.

They all say 'love you' to each other when leaving the house. Well, they've cut back on it since the time I also shouted 'love you' out my window as they were mid love you'ing each other. I didn't know my window was open so wide when I did this.

I've never spoken to any of them once outside of this love fest incident.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Toxeia

@JasonR86: I figured it out. Jet-skis, 2013 Ford Focus? You sell drugs. They're either scared of you or upset you won't deal to them.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Levius

My apartment building is in a cul-de-sac which has a lot of African and Asian immigrant families in it which is cool as they are super quiet and private.

My building is good now the guy below moved out. He used to have the loudest exhaust possible on his car, and played really loud dubstep/ had weird arguments with his friends about why he had to be a dick to people because he was training to be an airline pilot at 3AM. There's also an arch that leads to another road where I'm pretty sure they sell drugs, but whatever.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JasonR86

@Toxeia said:

@JasonR86: I figured it out. Jet-skis, 2013 Ford Focus? You sell drugs. They're either scared of you or upset you won't deal to them.

I wish buddy. I wish.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

All my neighbors do is smoke weed in their backyard all day everyday. I have complained to them at least 6 separate times because of the smell. I have a newborn in the house so I get worried about it a lot.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheHumanDove

Make fliers explaining the absurdity of the situation, hand them out to neighbours. Whoever the culprit is will feel shame and either you'll figure out who it is in a hurry, or they'll stop.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By intro

Next door neighbor- Can't keep a job and shoots guns all fucking day while he highly praises the second amendment. Sometimes he shoots at squirrels or raccoons and shit at midnight. He can be a nice guy though, he's just fucking lazy. First day we moved in he came over to tell us he's not very neighborly and left.

Other neighbor not far away- To put it simple, he shot at my friends and I multiple times when we weren't on his property. It was a .22 by the sound of it and I heard the bullets whiz next to my head and he almost killed us.

If you like owning guns and shooting at people walking down the street and don't want anyone to think wrongly of you, move to the country and specifically my town. But yeah, fuck neighbors.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43  Edited By Seppli

Next to my childhood home, there was a big-ass and beautiful fir tree. Some endangered kind at that. Well - a neighbor had like 2 minutes of shadow a day, so he petitioned to put it down for over a decade. Eventually my parents go tired of it (and of cleaning the gutters of fir needles and pine cones), so the tree came down. Shame.

People can be dicks about the littlest things. I feel for you. Wouldn't want to live next to such a pain in the ass.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

I had neighbors who probably grew pot or something, because one day the gang crime unit plus the SWAT team came with all of their guns and yelled at them to open their door. I think they eventually busted in and nobody was there so they took all the shit with them. It was pretty surreal. I thought about going out and flirting with one of the lady officers because she looked kinda cute, but decided against it because guns and all that.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By iam3green

i have some good neighbors. the neighbors across the street are nice. parents just watched their dog. the neighbors next door just moved. they were a little crazy. rumor has it that the people that are moving in there are young doctors.

bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By bill

i backed up into my neighbors truck one time and never told them it was me.

wait, i did this wrong.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#47  Edited By Dagbiker

Good Luck, My cousin lives in Washington and has been trying to get a "Deaf Children Playing" street sign removed for years. No one wants to spend the money to take it down.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JasonR86

Quick update. I got through to a dude that decides what signs are put up where in my county. I told him the situation and he said that he would come out and look at the situation. He came out, talked to me, talked to the neighbors, and talked to police parole that area and decided that since most of the neighbors (except the miserable fucks that started this whole thing) don't want the signs up, the cops don't want to enforce the signs, and that everyone is ignoring the signs anyway he decided that both signs are coming down.

Which means I WON!

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HerbieBug

Hurray!

I have sort of a similar parking issue in my neighborhood. I rent one floor of a house that is owned by my landlord and his family. Landlord and his wife each have a car. There is a double garage but half of it is filled with their storage boxes or something so only one car can park in there. The other car is parked on the opposite side of their driveway so the car in the garage can drive out at any time. Because of this, I have to park my car on the street. There is a space right out front of the front lawn but the next door neighbour has apparently bullied my landlord into claiming that space for himself. We had a brief exchange that I lost because landlord didn't want to piss off neighbour man. So I park further down the street. D:

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By conker

@SexyToad: If that happened in Canada, you wouldnt have this rifle pulling nonsense. In fact, I'd wager your neighbours would come out and help you find the cat. And then offer you milk and cookies.