LittleBigPlanet, I don't know what to think just yet...

Mushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By Mushi

So I've played about 3 hours LBP and I have to say that one thing really bugs me about it. The platforming! It just doesn't seem like it does the core platforming thing that well. Being used to old school platformers, or even newer ones like Super Mario Galaxy, I always expect tight controls. You need tight controls because the skill in platforming comes from timing for the most part. The floaty controls in LBP seem at odds with the classic platforming mechanic. I find jumping between planes (front to back, back to front etc.) isn't performing all that consistently. This results in me wanting to samsh my way too expensive PS3 controller. I can only assume that the character control is somehow tethered to the physics engine.
All this said, I still haven't come up with my final verdict on this game. I've played a few user created levels but haven't created any myslef. Love the music in the game and the whole aesthetic (aka vibe). It's a great concept, just hoping I can get used to the controls and start enjoying the actual gameplay side of it.

Mushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mushi

So I've played about 3 hours LBP and I have to say that one thing really bugs me about it. The platforming! It just doesn't seem like it does the core platforming thing that well. Being used to old school platformers, or even newer ones like Super Mario Galaxy, I always expect tight controls. You need tight controls because the skill in platforming comes from timing for the most part. The floaty controls in LBP seem at odds with the classic platforming mechanic. I find jumping between planes (front to back, back to front etc.) isn't performing all that consistently. This results in me wanting to samsh my way too expensive PS3 controller. I can only assume that the character control is somehow tethered to the physics engine.
All this said, I still haven't come up with my final verdict on this game. I've played a few user created levels but haven't created any myslef. Love the music in the game and the whole aesthetic (aka vibe). It's a great concept, just hoping I can get used to the controls and start enjoying the actual gameplay side of it.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RetroIce4

What is that game about?