#1 Posted by TheRealMoot (637 posts) -

Looking for the name of an old movie I saw as a child. Here's what I remember:

It is set in a post apocalyptic world where humanoid robots have destroyed a lot of stuff. (I think, they're only appears to be one robot)

The main characters are a blonde woman carrying a fetus in a jar she is trying to save humanity left because she's the last fertile female left? The lead male is a generic muscular guy.

Towards the end of the movie the lead male character fights the robot and his arm is ripped off at the same time as the robot and they sew each others arms on and continue fighting!

That's all I remember... I saw this movie when I was a kid and it's memory has haunted me for years and I have no idea what it's called! Help me find out what it's called!

#2 Edited by YARN (48 posts) -

Not sure what movie you are looking for, but i kinda want to watch Screamers (1995) again . It has robots and Peter Weller.

#4 Edited by Zeik (4953 posts) -

Dude, that's a lot of topics...

#5 Posted by Sayishere (1854 posts) -

Wow, so much spam.

#6 Posted by IBurningStar (2275 posts) -

Wow, you made a lot of copies of this thread.

#7 Posted by Benny (2009 posts) -

@zeik: @sayishere: @iburningstar: not sure if y'all noticed but the sites been kinda fucked in terms of comments and threads lately. keeps bringing up a red error message for me even though the reply posted ok.

#8 Edited by MiniPato (2882 posts) -

@benny said:

@zeik: @sayishere: @iburningstar: not sure if y'all noticed but the sites been kinda fucked in terms of comments and threads lately. keeps bringing up a red error message for me even though the reply posted ok.

Yeah, that's why there are so many deleted messages in threads and comments sections as well.

#9 Edited by TheRealMoot (637 posts) -

sorry about this. Site freaked out on me. I kill some of them.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
#10 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

I've never seen this movie but it sounds so dumb I want to.

#11 Posted by Shortbreadtom (1009 posts) -

2019: After the Fall of New York

No Caption Provided

#12 Posted by wrecks (2667 posts) -
Avatar image for awesomeusername
#13 Posted by awesomeusername (4619 posts) -

2019: After the Fall of New York

No Caption Provided

WHAT IS THAT? WHAT?! IS THIS ON HULU OR NETFLIX?! I MUST WATCH! CAPS!

#14 Posted by Raven10 (2221 posts) -
Loading Video...

You're welcome.

#15 Posted by Shortbreadtom (1009 posts) -

@wrecks: Oh God, I forgot just how bad it is. I remembered it was bad but... Christ.

#16 Posted by wrecks (2667 posts) -

@raven10: Haha Yes! OP's description is like a mashup of these 2 flicks.

#17 Posted by TheRealMoot (637 posts) -

Thank you @Raven10

American Cyborg: Steel Warrior! I shall watch you and flush you from my mind!

Was starting to think this was some crazy fever dream I had as a kid. Then I remembered the Giant Bomb community knows EVERYTHING!

#18 Posted by Raven10 (2221 posts) -

@therealmoot: I actually had never heard of it but I thought to myself, "Self, there can only be so many movies in which a woman carries a fetus in a jar." I googled said term and it was a couple results down. Lesson being, when you are trying to think of a movie/game/book or whatever, if it has some really strange element then just Google that term. Chances are it will come up on the first page of results.