Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Organicalistic_
  • no more than 40$
  • i am rough, i throw them around, go to sleep with them on, and roll in my sleep, so a durable cord.
  • no skullcandy
  • nothing less than 15$
  • in ear canal, not the things like those ipod headphones
  • umm,  prefferably volume control on the cord
  • ones that can handle my zune on 20 (all the way up) cuz i listen to my music loud
  • prefferably available at a target, bestbuy, or circuit city
  • use your own expieriance
Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Organicalistic_

thank you :)

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SilentCommando

I've used the Sennheiser CX 300's and they have pretty good sound for the price. They can be cranked up very loud (Any More than 60% on these makes my ears hurt). Although the cables are pretty thin, I haven't had any problems after a year of regular use. One thing to keep in mind is that the ear tips have a tendency to fall off easily, but finding replacements online isn't too difficult. For $24, you really can't go wrong.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By fwylo

Skul... Uhm. 

I use a pair of Shure SE210 and they are unreal.  But about $130 out of your price range... 

I doubt there is really a point in asking on here for something like that.  Just go do your research.  You can refine your search on best buy pretty well via price range and things like that.  That low quality they are all going to be around the same I would say anyways.  Not trying to Troll btw, you know I love you Organicalistic.  I miss all your polls. 

Once again, not very helpful, I'm having an off day today. People need to ask better questions.

Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Organicalistic_
@fwylo: everyone else hated my polls, i made one a few days ago, i am now copying instead of polls
JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JokerSmilez
@organicalistic_ said:

"

• ones that can handle my zune on 20 (all the way up) cuz i listen to my music loud
"
Just so you know, you are going to make yourself deaf. So, I guess enjoy your music now, because in 10 years you won't be able to hear much of anything. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise-induced_hearing_loss#Gradually_developing_NIHL 

EDIT: This is just an overall tip for anyone, but if you like loud music (as we all do), you're actually better off by turning your music down.  

If you're in a quiet environment (ie, don't require a certain volume to hear your music over the bus, for example) then by having loud music, your ears will actually get tired and after a while, the music won't sound as loud, and you'll be tempted to turn the music up, until eventually you've turned it all the way up. 

However, if you turn the music down, your ears will again adjust and after a little while, the music will actually seem too loud, and you can turn it down again. Eventually you'll reach a point where the music sounds plenty loud enough but is not damaging to your ears. 

Ear damage is permanent and is there is no cure so take care of your ears.
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Organicalistic_
@JokerSmilez said:

" @organicalistic_ said:

"

"
Just so you know, you are going to make yourself deaf. So, I guess enjoy your music now, because in 10 years you won't be able to hear much of anything. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise-induced_hearing_loss#Gradually_developing_NIHL "
 i am already partially deaf, thats why i need it up all the way
JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JokerSmilez
@organicalistic_ said:

" @JokerSmilez said:

" @organicalistic_ said:

"

"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise-induced_hearing_loss#Gradually_developing_NIHL "
 i am already partially deaf, thats why i need it up all the way "
Well, that sucks. Where you born with decreasing hearing, is it from some some accident, or a result of listening to too much loud music? 

I added some comments to my original post about getting the most out of your music listening (as far as volume is concerned) without damaging your hearing further. To sum up, you're better off turning the music down and letting your ears adjust.  

I don't know how it would apply because of your already decreased hearing though.  

Also, to answer your question: I have these. I got them from Best Buy here in Canada, but I can't seem to find them on the US Best Buy site, or Circuit City or Target.
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Organicalistic_
@JokerSmilez: u a doctor?
JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JokerSmilez
@organicalistic_ said:
" @JokerSmilez: u a doctor? "
No, I just went to school for audio engineering and I learned a lot about ears, hearing, hearing loss, etc. and every teacher impressed on us "your ears are your livelihood". I used to go to concerts all the time without earplugs or anything and already have some slight hearing loss because of it (I can hear some faint ringing in my ears when it's really quiet, like if I'm laying in bed at night), so I've taken my ears pretty seriously since then.
Laksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Laksa

Check out headfi here Earphones . I am very sure that after browsing that forum, you can find the earphones that suits you.
 i would recommend the head direct Re2 . You have to order it online though. I have it, and it is one of the best in its price range. It is a non bassy pair of phone, quite neutral. You might have to tune up the bass a little, or add a cheap portable amp.

If you want the cord to go over the ears, the soundmagic pl 30 is good too, it has adjustable bass knobs on to tune the amount of bass. I would rate the Re2 over the the pl30.
Both come with a nice pouch, and extra ear tips. These are 2 of the lower end phones i ve owned for a good long time before moving on the higher end ones, and they have given me a lot of enjoyment,plus they are really good value, especially the Re2.

Also, from my personal auditions with lower end senns and shures, >they are not worth the money.

Oh, if you went to headfi, sorry about your wallet. :D

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike
@fwylo: I'm a big fan of the Shure sound isolating earbuds as well but they're not exactly durable. I use mine at least 30-40 hours a week and I go through two sets a year, one of which is usually covered under warranty. This current set I have is about six months old and is already developing a short in the wire about 6" from the stereo connector.
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By DoctorWelch

Sony ones usually last me anywhere from 1 to 1.5 years and I dont particularly take good care of them. They aren't really expensive, they have good sound quality, and are fairly durable.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jkz
@MB said:

" @fwylo: I'm a big fan of the Shure sound isolating earbuds as well but they're not exactly durable. I use mine at least 30-40 hours a week and I go through two sets a year, one of which is usually covered under warranty. This current set I have is about six months old and is already developing a short in the wire about 6" from the stereo connector. "

This was my issue with Shure headphones as well. I actually used them more around 40-50 hours per week and they just didn't last long enough. 

I've switched to some somewhat cheaper Kilpsch ear-buds (about $80), and despite using them just as frequently, they've lasted a good 9 months and still aren't showing any wear. The audio quality is also on par with (if not superior to) the Shures I used.
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Organicalistic_
@DoctorWelch: like the ones in my post, or which ones specifically?
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aus_azn

I have Sennheiser MX55s and I greatly recommend that brand. I'm probably going to get some CX300s soon, as the MX55s have literally lost all of their detachable parts short of the actual speaker itself.

My other regular pair is the Sony MDR-NC22 Noise Cancelling earbuds. Setting me back $25 when on sale about 2 years ago, they've lasted me ever since. Even through rough use, about 40 hours per week, under the conditions that you describe. Unfortunately, the Noise Cancelling part began regularly short-circuiting after about 6 months, rendering it unusable. Their low-end headphones, however, are very flaky in connection, and 2 out of the 3 pairs I've owned shorted in under 3 months.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JoelTGM

I find the cheap ones work fine, and if you break them somehow by accident it's not a big deal to go buy another.  They work even better than the earbuds that came with my iPod.  Paying like $40 for earbuds will get you a good pair, but it is a rip off.  It's just some Chinese company that pays a few bucks in parts, and then sells them with a fat brand for a super high price.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DoctorWelch
@JokerSmilez said: 
If you're in a quiet environment (ie, don't require a certain volume to hear your music over the bus, for example) then by having loud music, your ears will actually get tired and after a while, the music won't sound as loud, and you'll be tempted to turn the music up, until eventually you've turned it all the way up. 

However, if you turn the music down, your ears will again adjust and after a little while, the music will actually seem too loud, and you can turn it down again. Eventually you'll reach a point where the music sounds plenty loud enough but is not damaging to your ears.  Ear damage is permanent and is there is no cure so take care of your ears. "
From personal experience I can say that this is 100% true.  Try it and it will work, your ears will always adjust to the volume to a certain point. Yeah, eventually it will get to a point that its just too quite but then turn it up a few notches and you have like the perfect setting. All the way up on anything is really ridiculous and really really bad for your ears.
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DoctorWelch
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fwylo
@MB said:
" @fwylo: I'm a big fan of the Shure sound isolating earbuds as well but they're not exactly durable. I use mine at least 30-40 hours a week and I go through two sets a year, one of which is usually covered under warranty. This current set I have is about six months old and is already developing a short in the wire about 6" from the stereo connector. "
Ya very true.  The first pair I bought I went through pretty quickly.  But this current set has lasted me quite a lot longer already.  But I'm also not using them nearly as much.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By mike
@jukezypoo said:
" @MB said:

This was my issue with Shure headphones as well. I actually used them more around 40-50 hours per week and they just didn't last long enough.  I've switched to some somewhat cheaper Kilpsch ear-buds (about $80), and despite using them just as frequently, they've lasted a good 9 months and still aren't showing any wear. The audio quality is also on par with (if not superior to) the Shures I used. "
How is the comfort of the Klipsch earbuds? Do they come with interchangeable rubber pieces like the Shure products do?
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jkz
@MB:  

Yeah they do. I find them just as comfortable, but as always, it sort of comes down to luck as to whether or not the provided ear-pieces fit your ear-canal comfortably.
twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By twenty0ne

I was going to say Klipsch, but I think they're out of your price-range.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kishan6
@SilentCommando said:
" I've used the Sennheiser CX 300's and they have pretty good sound for the price. They can be cranked up very loud (Any More than 60% on these makes my ears hurt). Although the cables are pretty thin, I haven't had any problems after a year of regular use. One thing to keep in mind is that the ear tips have a tendency to fall off easily, but finding replacements online isn't too difficult. For $24, you really can't go wrong. "
seconded 
these are fantastic for the price and jsut in gneral
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ryax

i got some nice skullcandy titans for 20 bucks

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By xMP44x

I don't use earbuds personally, unless with an MP3 Player. Until a point where I get an MP3 Player though, I shall continue to use headsets. As it is, I own Sony MDR-XD200s, which set me back around £30, if I remember correctly. They're bulky though, so it's highly unlikely that they will be suitable for your needs and sleeping. I suppose the best idea would be to browse audio discussion forums, outline how you'll be using the headphones, and eventually see the suggestions coming in. I must say though, these Sony headphones I'm using deliver the best quality audio I've ever heard. However, odds are there are more high end earbuds and headphones that do the job equally as well, and likely better.