derO23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By derO23

WARNING: Post may contain spoilers!

I continue to lose my hopes for a good series finale. So far season six has been more of a dissappointment, the conclusions and answers seem constructed and not like planned from season one. But what bugs me the most is the way some of the characters are 'developed', like Dark Sayid or the deconstructed John Locke. With only five episodes to go I'm afraid the end will suck big time, but then again, maybe they manage to bring it around in the end.

derO23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By derO23

WARNING: Post may contain spoilers!

I continue to lose my hopes for a good series finale. So far season six has been more of a dissappointment, the conclusions and answers seem constructed and not like planned from season one. But what bugs me the most is the way some of the characters are 'developed', like Dark Sayid or the deconstructed John Locke. With only five episodes to go I'm afraid the end will suck big time, but then again, maybe they manage to bring it around in the end.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Xeiphyer
@derO23: Itd be pretty cool if you put a spoiler warning in here, and/or didn't post it to the forums. There are already some other Lost threads around too.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Kazona
@Xeiphyer said:
" @derO23: Itd be pretty cool if you put a spoiler warning in here, and/or didn't post it to the forums. There are already some other Lost threads around too. "
I really don't see anything in his post that's a spoiler. But I don't care either way, since I think Lost sucks.
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Gabriel

The best thing they could possibly do now would be to kill off characters big time. Here is a list of who I think could get the ax 

Miles 
Lapidis 
Kate 
Sun 
Jin 
Claire 
Most of Witmores people  
Hurley
Desmond (Sayid probably killed him anyway) 
and as much as I like him Sawyer. 

Remaining for the series Finale

Flocke 
Richard 
Jack 
Ben 
Sayid    
 Whitmore (?)
For me these are the essential characters, everyone else is kinda filler.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA
@Gabriel: No! Don't kill Hurley!
Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Crono11
@Gabriel: 
Desmond is like the Neo of Lost, he can't die.
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Gabriel
Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crono11
@Gabriel: 
What! No he doesn't, he gets back up and answers the phone. Then he flies like Superman.
time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By time allen

desmond is one of the, if not the, most interesting characters on lost. killing him off would probably end up working against the show.

JDoobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By JDoobs

If I might take a stab at clarifying what you meant in terms of character development: 

Many of the characters this season have a felt more like a footnote or a side character rather than an integral part of the plot. Most of them have barely had any speaking lines, let alone any major contribution to the story.  I haven't been quite as disappointed by this season as you seem to be, and I still have faith that they can wrap things up with a satisfactory ending. You can see the one explanation that I was disappointed with below. 

Overall, unless the finale tanks super bad and they completely belly flop in the last few hours, LOST will still be my favorite show ever.
AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By AvD
@Gabriel said:
" The best thing they could possibly do now would be to kill off characters big time. Here is a list of who I think could get the ax  Miles Lapidis Kate Sun Jin Claire Most of Witmores people  HurleyDesmond (Sayid probably killed him anyway) and as much as I like him Sawyer.  Remaining for the series Finale  Flocke Richard Jack Ben Sayid     Whitmore (?)For me these are the essential characters, everyone else is kinda filler. "
I don't see how you could think Hurley is not an essential character, if anything he's one of the most important considering how he ties into the fiction.  And Ben was actually supposed to be a minor role in the show but they fleshed him out for some of the more "filler" episodes in recent seasons   That's why Ben has taken a back seat and is barley a part of the final series story.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Toms115 said:
" desmond is one of the, if not the, most interesting character on lost. killing him off would probably end up working against the show. "
Brother. 

I disagree with the OP, i think the series is going fine and sexy and i love it. So much good drama and nice surprises and the alternate universe is genius.
derO23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By derO23
@JDoobs:  That sums it up pretty nicely.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@crono11 said:
" @Gabriel:  What! No he doesn't, he gets back up and answers the phone. Then he flies like Superman. "
You haven't seen the other two movies. 
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By teh_destroyer
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @crono11 said:
" @Gabriel:  What! No he doesn't, he gets back up and answers the phone. Then he flies like Superman. "
You haven't seen the other two movies. 
"
Back on topic, I thought that the episode focusing on Richard was amazing, and the one with Charlie and Desmond was close to fantastic. I am really enjoying season 6.
CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By CoinMatze

I enjoy this season a lot. There have been some really good episodes like the Richard one and the Desmond one. It's only when I remember that this is the last season when things get sour. There are only five or so episodes left and I still don't get the feeling that this is the endgame. Nah, that's not really it. I can't pinpoint it. Something feels off. But still, really enjoying it. And yeah, the answers to some mysteries are badly woven into the story. Suddenly, characters are bold enough to ask questions and the crazy thing is that they just get the answer. Like when Jack asks Unlocke about his father.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teh_destroyer: No, Neo definitely dies. He gets assimilated by Smith at the end of their mano y mano battle. Then there's this really explicit authorial showing of the film's themes when Neo is carted away, posed like Christ. 
time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By time allen

as long as i get to see michael and walt again, i'll be happy. :)
oh, and the real john locke better come back somehow.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thegoldencat7

Whatever the quality of the story lately, it remains compulsive viewing. That said; the alternative reality mince better mean something in the end.
Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Crono11

Yeah, sorry I confused everyone here with the Matrix talk. I know there are other movies but I just think they are so bad I had to block them out of my mind. 

About lost, in the end I see them just landing in LA like they were supposed to.