Lucky charms

Cthulad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Cthulad

I have been playing games for years, and there is a part that seems to come in the adventure games that I have a difficult time passing/completing. Since I have been with my wife before she was my wife for the past 11 years we were gaming together, or at times she would watch me game. The first time I discovered she was a good luck charm was with the game The Bouncer from Square-Enix. I got the the end of the game, and played for a few hours not beating the end fight. She showed up, and I was complaining about how hard it was, and how long I have been playing. She sat down, and watched me defeat him without taking a single point of damage. I used this a few other times as time went on. One for Ratchet And Clank, and most recently on Sunday.

I woke up early, and started playing some Darksiders 2 at the huge battle after reviving the golem with three stones I was fighting him for an hour, and died once, soon as she sat down, and watched I completed it with very little effort. I have told her a few times that I need her to watch me play some games more often so that I can defeat the battles a little easier, but she does not like just watching me play.

I just wanted to mention this, as I was wondering if there are others out there that can use their spouse/significant other as a lucky charm. Do you ask her to watch, or does it just happen when they come in the room?

Cthulad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Cthulad

I have been playing games for years, and there is a part that seems to come in the adventure games that I have a difficult time passing/completing. Since I have been with my wife before she was my wife for the past 11 years we were gaming together, or at times she would watch me game. The first time I discovered she was a good luck charm was with the game The Bouncer from Square-Enix. I got the the end of the game, and played for a few hours not beating the end fight. She showed up, and I was complaining about how hard it was, and how long I have been playing. She sat down, and watched me defeat him without taking a single point of damage. I used this a few other times as time went on. One for Ratchet And Clank, and most recently on Sunday.

I woke up early, and started playing some Darksiders 2 at the huge battle after reviving the golem with three stones I was fighting him for an hour, and died once, soon as she sat down, and watched I completed it with very little effort. I have told her a few times that I need her to watch me play some games more often so that I can defeat the battles a little easier, but she does not like just watching me play.

I just wanted to mention this, as I was wondering if there are others out there that can use their spouse/significant other as a lucky charm. Do you ask her to watch, or does it just happen when they come in the room?

M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By M_33

Sometimes I use a certain chair as opposed to the couch. Does that count?

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By TyCobb

My wife is not a lucky charm and usually ends up getting me killed when she shows up in my office. She thinks I am always angry when I play, but in reality it is just when she appears.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I have a few lucky charms, but I don't discuss them publicly.

After all, they're always after me lucky charms.

(also, I don't really, I don't believe in luck)