butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By butano

Where to begin? 
For those of you who haven't heard of mashups (aka booties, bootlegs), these are songs that are created using 2 or more songs and "mashing" them together. One of the best examples would be of Linkin Park's and Jay-Z's album "Collision Course" with their famous "Numb/Encore" mashup. This album is definitely where I started from for my love of mashups/booties. Some favorites include Norwegian Recycling, MadMixMustang, lock3down, and a quite a few others. I've always been impressed by these folks who could somehow take 2 (or more) songs that have nothing to do with each other, but able to pull off mixes that, quite honestly, are better than their originals. Case in point
As you can see, I love mashups. Maybe you do too. Or not. But anyways on to the point... 
I finally created one. You may or may not have heard it in this QOTW. And I wanted to listen to what ya'll think about it. I proudly present to you....  

"Daft Bites the Telephone"

This was definitely a learning experience for me, and I hope to make more in the future if I find the time to do more (took me roughly 6-8 hours doing this one).
butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By butano

Where to begin? 
For those of you who haven't heard of mashups (aka booties, bootlegs), these are songs that are created using 2 or more songs and "mashing" them together. One of the best examples would be of Linkin Park's and Jay-Z's album "Collision Course" with their famous "Numb/Encore" mashup. This album is definitely where I started from for my love of mashups/booties. Some favorites include Norwegian Recycling, MadMixMustang, lock3down, and a quite a few others. I've always been impressed by these folks who could somehow take 2 (or more) songs that have nothing to do with each other, but able to pull off mixes that, quite honestly, are better than their originals. Case in point
As you can see, I love mashups. Maybe you do too. Or not. But anyways on to the point... 
I finally created one. You may or may not have heard it in this QOTW. And I wanted to listen to what ya'll think about it. I proudly present to you....  

"Daft Bites the Telephone"

This was definitely a learning experience for me, and I hope to make more in the future if I find the time to do more (took me roughly 6-8 hours doing this one).